Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have always had a 'sister-hole' in my heart; a longing and desire to have a sister for myself, someone to call my very own sister.

The devil sometimes takes that desire and twists it the wrong way, so I have to be careful.

Is this a psychological phenomenon that may be trauma in my soul?

Or is this simply a weakness the enemy has decided to camp out and exploit.

I feel it every day. Not a day goes by that I don't feel it, but it doesn't control me everyday. Only sometimes if I think about it or what bro-sis reunions or meetings for the first time in Youtube.

Can I get rid of it?

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I have always had a 'sister-hole' in my heart; a longing and desire to have a sister for myself, someone to call my very own sister.

The devil sometimes takes that desire and twists it the wrong way, so I have to be careful.

I feel it every day. Not a day goes by that I don't feel it, but it doesn't control me everyday. Only sometimes if I think about it or what bro-sis reunions or meetings for the first time in Youtube.

Can I get rid of it?
be careful what you ask for. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have always had a 'sister-hole' in my heart
Perhaps this is why people join sorority s. In the family of God we have brothers & sister. Mothers & fathers. Older sisters, younger sisters. This is what it means to be a christian.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Can I get rid of it?
How many siblings did you have?

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many siblings did you have?

I don't have any siblings. I was adopted at an incredibly young age from a different country where there are no records kept of my birth family; we already tried going as far as we could on that route to find other family member. Bottom line - if you have no paper trail of birth parents (I have plenty for the adoption), you have nothing.

Thinking of doing a DNA kit.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Can I get rid of it?

Seems normal for guys to want a sister or two or three. I was not raised near my 1/2 sister. Wish I would have been. You are right -- they add something very special.

Think about the Ladies that never had children?
My wife is one.
When she is around other Ladies all they talk about are their children and grandchildren. She feels very left out.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems normal for guys to want a sister or two or three. I was not raised near my 1/2 sister. Wish I would have been. You are right -- they add something very special.

Think about the Ladies that never had children?
My wife is one.
When she is around other Ladies all they talk about are their children and grandchildren. She feels very left out.

M-Bob

Thanks Bob. :)

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have any siblings. I was adopted at an incredibly young age from a different country where there are no records kept of my birth family; we already tried going as far as we could on that route to find other family member. Bottom line - if you have no paper trail of birth parents (I have plenty for the adoption), you have nothing.

Thinking of doing a DNA kit.
No adopted siblings either?

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No adopted siblings either?

No adopted siblings either; I was an only child.

Which one might say an only child could be lonely and want siblings.

But I never really wanted brothers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums