JaeMelo

Dec 30, 2015
Bermuda
✟9,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know, I dont know, that does seem sort of weird doesnt it?

Maybe to burn off what little natural gas was left in there (thinking there was just a little bit in there?)

Can you imagine how many homes that could have heated over the past 40 years its been going?

That is sort of a huge waste of fuel, but Im supposing they cant put that out (or they would).

I know next to knowing bout these things, but some look so beautiful, to swim in, or to explore, the monster ones are just so cool to me.
If it was that easy don't you think they would've done it already?! Look at the BP Gulf oil spill was that a simple fix?! Look at the current methane leak in LA thats flooding the nearby neighborhood of Porter Ranch with vapors... Its obvious the choice to burn the gas in that one sinkhole was to help prevent further spreading of methane gas.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,394.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If it was that easy don't you think they would've done it already?! Look at the BP Gulf oil spill was that a simple fix?! Look at the current methane leak in LA thats flooding the nearby neighborhood of Porter Ranch with vapors... Its obvious the choice to burn the gas in that one sinkhole was to help prevent further spreading of methane gas.

UMMM, Did you read the thread? Maybe a better question is Did you understand what you quoted? They can't put it out, she said, or they would . And the sink hole she is talking about has been burning about 45 years. You would know that if you had read the thread.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yeah, thats why I said, I suppose they cant put that out (or they would)

I wonder if it is possible to get a grip on it and redirect it through containing it in some fashion?

I dont know how to word it.

The only thing I know to do is light er' up and roast some marshmallows

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UMMM, Did you read the thread? Maybe a better question is Did you understand what you quoted? They can't put it out, she said, or they would . And the sink hole she is talking about has been burning about 45 years. You would know that if you had read the thread.

Yeah, what she said ^
smilie_girl_093.gif

Upvote 0

JaeMelo

Dec 30, 2015
Bermuda
✟9,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Smh I think you are the one misunderstood. I am aware they can't put it out and that its burning but that not my focus in that quote... I should have narrowed down the quote precisely. I looked at images of this before even commenting. Where did I give you the impression that I didn't catch that?.
What I was getting at was that the fact that, they started burning it in the first place was probably for a better cause. A cause much more logical and ethical then worrying about:

"how many homes that could have heated over the past 40 years its been going?"

or it being a

"huge waste of fuel"

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Smh I think you are the one misunderstood. I am aware they can't put it out and that its burning but that not my focus in that quote... I should have narrowed down the quote precisely. I looked at images of this before even commenting. Where did I give you the impression that I didn't catch that?.
What I was getting at was that the fact that, they started burning it in the first place was probably for a better cause. A cause much more logical and ethical then worrying about:

"how many homes that could have heated over the past 40 years its been going?"

or it being a

"huge waste of fuel"

It is a huge waste of fuel, if you can harness it and could actually redirect it that would be great could have heated millions of homes.

Those are lame to focus on either, how retarded

Upvote 0

JaeMelo

Dec 30, 2015
Bermuda
✟9,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is a huge waste of fuel, if you can harness it and could actually redirect it that would be great could have heated millions of homes.

Those are lame to focus on either, how retarded
Oh boy.... which goes back to what I was trying to get at in my original post before it went over you guys heads. Don't, you, think, if it was that easy they would've done it in the first place before burning up resources?! I even used the current methane leak in LA as an example. They are having difficulty controlling/capping the issue while it continually poses a health risk and turns the nearby city into a ghost town... The animals in the area have already either fled or died off and people are being forced to evacuate their homes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh boy.... which goes back to what I was trying to get at in my original post before it went over you guys heads. Don't, you, think, if it was that easy they would've done it in the first place before burning up resources?! I even used the current methane leak in LA as an example. They are having difficulty controlling/capping the issue while it continually poses a health risk and turns the nearby city into a ghost town... The animals in the area have already either fled or died off and people are being forced to evacuate their homes.

Good Lord cant you read? (Open it and Looky)

You know, I dont know, that does seem sort of weird doesnt it?

Maybe to burn off what little natural gas was left in there (thinking there was just a little bit in there?)

Can you imagine how many homes that could have heated over the past 40 years its been going?

That is sort of a huge waste of fuel, but Im supposing they cant put that out (or they would).

I know next to knowing bout these things, but some look so beautiful, to swim in, or to explore, the monster ones are just so cool to me.

Now lets get a life because your hanging back there on the first pages and completely missing it and adressing you is getting boring

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I believe that the phenomenon is related to the way God created the earth having cavities originally and, until the Flood, filled with water (hence "fountains of the deep). The flood aftermath caused most to fill with debris and all living things (our fossil fuel supply) but perhaps there are some that through geological circumstances are now beginning to collapse and fill.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I'm push' in 60 and I'm pretty much "off the market" too. Sorry if you thought I was predator. LOL

Where did I say I thought you were a predator?

The comment was about taking the topic out of this section (which I could care less about) since the whole forum is a ball of mass confusion anyway) and move the topic to the singles forum (which section really wouldnt work for me because I am married and not single) a misceleanous forum might be better because all the forum splicing cuts someone out (which is great sometimes, others not).

I said I found this topic under the "new posts" link and jumped on (not at all as one coming in through eschatalogy) but by seeing a new topic come to the top (through the front) so there was no "end of the world hysterias" when I arrived on it (I didnt even look see which forum it was in) and I mentioned that I had done that once before (which landed me in the singles forum) when I am married, I wasnt watchful, and I was just playing off of my own wrong turn (into the wrong forum) by acknowledging the fact I went into the wrong forum area (singles) as a married which had nothing to do with you, and I have no idea where you picked up me thinking you are a predator.

But this particular forum is creeping me out now, so I want out of here now

Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

The comment was about taking the topic out of this section (which I could care less about) since the whole forum is a ball of mass confusion anyway) and move the topic to the singles forum (which section really wouldnt work for me because I am married and not single) a misceleanous forum might be better because all the forum splicing cuts someone out (which is great sometimes, others not).

I said I found this topic under the "new posts" link and jumped on (not at all as one coming in through eschatalogy) but by seeing a new topic come to the top (through the front) so there was no "end of the world hysterias" when I arrived on it (I didnt even look see which forum it was in) and I mentioned that I had done that once before (which landed me in the singles forum) when I am married, I wasnt watchful, and I was just playing off of my own wrong turn (into the wrong forum) by acknowledging the fact I went into the wrong forum area (singles) as a married which had nothing to do with you, and I have no idea where you picked up me thinking you are a predator.

LOL I do that too, I look at "new posts" and sometimes end up in some interesting parts of the forum without even realizing it. I just go by if the topic is interesting to me or not. :) One time it took me a while in a thread to realize I was in the Jewish forum. I couldn't understand why people were saying what they were saying, then I realized. Hahaha :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,394.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Awww! And we were enjoying your contributions. Well, I understand if you don't like it here if you want to leave. But it has been great having you on the thread sis.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,394.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe that the phenomenon is related to the way God created the earth having cavities originally and, until the Flood, filled with water (hence "fountains of the deep). The flood aftermath caused most to fill with debris and all living things (our fossil fuel supply) but perhaps there are some that through geological circumstances are now beginning to collapse and fill.

That is an interesting consideration. You would not believe the scene playing through my mind right now.^_^

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Awww! And we were enjoying your contributions. Well, I understand if you don't like it here if you want to leave. But it has been great having you on the thread sis.

When you get a new topic on another forum let me know ^_^

Upvote 0