enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow! Man, these sometimes look like a meteor from above caused them dont they? Like if you were just looking down on them you wouldnt (at first) think the earth caved in and caused it but rather something from above fell upon it (compressing it).

Yeah. What I found interesting about that view from the air is there were two sink holes rather than one.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. What I found interesting about that view from the air is there were two sink holes rather than one.

Yeah I saw that, which is the reason I even said anything at all about the meteor because it looks like a meteor drop and bounced to hit elsewhere there ^_^ So if they are counting that as one, sure looks like two (from above) lol

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats just nuts ^_^

You know, either the ground swallows you up (without warning it will) or the earth beneath you drops little by little (giving you a warning) but either way... here is "proof" folks are toast (warning or otherwise).

Its a nice view out the back its just not a good view looking at its base.

Built on sinking sand comes to mind, its going to fall into the sea for goodness sake, they cant be all there (upstairs).

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Built on sinking sand comes to mind, its going to fall into the sea for goodness sake, they cant be all there (upstairs).

My thoughts exactly. It has baffled me for years why people will build on a cliff(especially over the ocean) and on a flood plain.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My thoughts exactly. It has baffled me for years why people will build on a cliff(especially over the ocean) and on a flood plain.

Heres like all your favorites in one house ^_^

spitipotami1.jpg

From here http://peoplere-elmagazine.com/trip-advisor/the-most-lonely-home-of-the-world/

I just showed my husband and said, "thats nuts right"? And he was like, "well the water probably doesnt get any higher then that" and I said, "rain from heaven has limitations?"

Your a dead man if you get a lot more then you would hope wouldnt arrive, where you going to go if its a flash flood?

Its great to build even your natural house on rock but in a flood zone?^_^

Location aside, that house is so up my alley, tiny, on a rock and rural (just not in the middle of a massive river)

Looks like a shed ^_^

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Heres like all your favorites in one house ^_^

spitipotami1.jpg

From here http://peoplere-elmagazine.com/trip-advisor/the-most-lonely-home-of-the-world/

I just showed my husband and said, "thats nuts right"? And he was like, "well the water probably doesnt get any higher then that" and I said, "rain from heaven has limitations?"

Your a dead man if you get a lot more then you would hope wouldnt arrive, where you going to go if its a flash flood?

Its great to build even your natural house on rock but in a flood zone?^_^

Location aside, that house is so up my alley, tiny, on a rock and rural (just not in the middle of a massive river)

Looks like a shed ^_^

^_^ ^_^

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The reason sinkholes are getting so much attention these days, is because the modern day television evangelist/prophet Irvin Baxter of Waco Texas features them in his program on End Time Bible Prophecy. He repeats unsubstantiated anecdotal stories about "screams from hell and sulfurous fumes" emanating from the sinkholes, between numerous commercial interruptions which ask for special offering requests.

"You are wearied with your many counsels; let them stand forth and save you, those who divide the heavens, who gaze at the stars, who at new moons make known what shall come upon you. Behold, they are like stubble; the fire consumes themselves from the power of the flame".. (Isaiah 47,13-14).

This is the same television (prophet ?!) who routinely compares quotations from the astrologer Nostradamus to Bible Prophecy on his show. We all know what the Bible says about astrologers and astrology, (Deut. 17:2-5, 18:9-12, Daniel 2:27, Job 38:31-33,2 Kings 23:5). Nothing good.

So you can relax about all this recent hysteria over "sink holes" appearing in the permafrost of Russia and elsewhere around the world. It's just television entertainment, from a guy who likes to wear six hundred dollar suits and collect money from Christians.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont know who this dude Irvin is, but you are saying that news outlets all over the whole world are reporting on sink holes more these days specifically because of him?

I never heard of this man before, or of any sort of hysteria being worked up around these things (and him) I havent a clue to any sort of hysteria over sink holes.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's just nonsense. Sinkholes don't have anything to do with (Satan, the beast) rising out of the earth (Rev.13:11), as suggested by Irvin Baxter. He's a zealous a wing nut. He's just got lots of "suggestible" Christians mesmerized with his television antics, and it's spreading through the popular culture like a virus. The Apostle Paul warned that in the Last Days Christians would no longer endure sound doctrine, but would heap to themselves teachers having itching ears, (2 Timothy 4:3).

Nothing new going on here. Nothing that hasn't been foretold. Nothing to get excited about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Stephen. We are not suggesting that Satan is coming out of the sink holes. We are just monitoring them.

I am not insinuating anyone on this thread is an Irvin Baxter follower, or supporter. To the contrary, I said in one post, this whole "connection" between sink holes and Apocalyptic prophecy has become so prevalent in the recent years, most people may not even be aware of its' origins. Television is a powerful tool. As some have said, "The Message is the Truth". And "If you say it loud enough and long enough, everybody will believe it".

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am not insinuating anyone on this thread is an Irvin Baxter follower, or supporter. To the contrary, I said in one post, this whole "connection" between sink holes and Apocalyptic prophecy has become so prevalent in the recent years, most people may not even be aware of its' origins. Television is a powerful tool. As some have said, "The Message is the Truth". And "If you say it loud enough and long enough, everybody will believe it".

OK.You do know that you don't have to participate on this thread don't you? There is an unwatch thread button at the top of the page.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We could talk about this over in singles forum,
but Im married (so that wouldnt work) ^_^

You really ought to have it moved so no one has a bird that the earth is opening up and swallowing up stuff up while they are browsing in the apocalyptic section (subliminals) "dontchuyunno"

I dont really browse in this section, I found you at the top of "new posts" and didnt even know what forum I was in (I had landed myself in singles doing that once) lol Then I had to tell everyone I was not on the market (and backed out of there as fast as I could).

You dont want to lend any hand in having mens hearts failing them for fear while looking upon these things.

Now lets go beat up Irvin^_^

Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL! I don't know who Irving Baxter is, never heard of him. I don't know what sink holes mean, they might not mean anything but I know they make my skin crawl because they don't make sense. LOL Big holes just appearing out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0