Visit site
✟1,506,209.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This was an interesting reflection: The Potentially Pernicious Power of Pesky Pronouns | Reformed Worship

He ended up here: "Balance. Balance between the individual who needs to be nurtured in their personal apprenticeship to the Savior and the congregation of individuals that can be formed into a community by Word and, more importantly, Sacrament. Balance. Balance between our need to be known and accountable and our opportunity to be welcomed and commissioned. Balance. Balance between the dangerous self-focused world of the unchallenged “I” and the equally dangerous selfish anonymity that can be found in a liturgy of unchecked “we.”"

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,209.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think one of the great strengths of having a daily office is that, even when we pray it on our own, we pray it as part of a community of people who each pray it. It might seem strange, but I get great comfort from knowing that many other people share these words and reflections with me in a daily rhythm.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
While CS Lewis wasn't referring to worship when he put the following quote in "The Screwtape Letters", I suppose the bun fight about "I" and "we" in liturgical matters could be a case in point. We usually lurch from one extreme to another due to our fallen nature.

“The game is to have them all running about with fire extinguishers when there is a flood, and all crowding to that side of the boat which is already nearly gunwale under.”

Upvote 0