✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi All

Just got back from a 10 day singles cruise in the Caribbean. I knew about 20 people from 3 previous cruises. The cruise was out of Fort Lauderdale, to Princess Cay in the Bahamas, a 2 day sail down to Cartagena Columbia, half was thru the Panama Canal and then on to Costa Rica to zip line. An other sea day and a day at Grand Cayman and then a final say sailing back to FLL.
The excursions were really good, enjoyed each port.
But probably the best part for me was a met a lady dancing the first evening and we ended up hanging out rest of the cruise. It was clear that we lived to far apart and had too many different interests to make a long term relationship so it was a commitment for the 10 days. We had a whole of fun and many heart to heart talks.
I'll probably go on an other singles cruise as all 4 have been a good time. Hope you all find a way to get out and see the world God has created.

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The last cruise I went on had no dancing, no ladies, and somewhat monochromatic views...
navydays2.JPG

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,055.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like fun. I’ve never been on a cruise, but I’ve done a couple of coach tours in Europe. I thought the tours were lots of fun. Although at times, I found the pace too rushed. Did you have enough time to really explore or swim when you had excursions ?

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi All

Just got back from a 10 day singles cruise in the Caribbean. I knew about 20 people from 3 previous cruises. The cruise was out of Fort Lauderdale, to Princess Cay in the Bahamas, a 2 day sail down to Cartagena Columbia, half was thru the Panama Canal and then on to Costa Rica to zip line. An other sea day and a day at Grand Cayman and then a final say sailing back to FLL.
The excursions were really good, enjoyed each port.
But probably the best part for me was a met a lady dancing the first evening and we ended up hanging out rest of the cruise. It was clear that we lived to far apart and had too many different interests to make a long term relationship so it was a commitment for the 10 days. We had a whole of fun and many heart to heart talks.
I'll probably go on an other singles cruise as all 4 have been a good time. Hope you all find a way to get out and see the world God has created.

Good for you,Dayhiker! Single Cruises are a great way to meet women,and to make new friends,with males,as well as females. I just wish that women,whom I meet here at home in California,were as half as friendly and accepting as the women whom I meet on these singles'cruises.

I have two single christian male friends,that have never been married,in their fifties,that I try to talk into going on a singles's cruise with me. But,this week,they drove over 300 miles to go to Disneyland! One guy,is a 54 year old virgin,that has never been married,never had a girlfriend,and has never kissed a woman. Yet,he would rather go to Disneyland on his vacations,than to go on a singles's cruise.Yet,and this frustrates the heck out of me.He always complains to me that,even though he is a good man,he cannot find a woman who will accept him.He says that he wants to remain a virgin until he gets married,good for him.However,the odds of him, finding a woman to marry,is very,very,slim if he just want to hang out at Disneyland.

And Servant 68,I was a Navy Hospital Corpsman for six years,from 1972 to 1978. I was never stationed on a ship. I am not bragging. But I have been on over 27 cruises after I was discharged from the U.S. Navy. Also,I have been on about 7 singles cruises. Now,I am not one of those "pretty boys",who attract a lot of women.But,on Formal Nights,when I wear my tux,I do not have to ask the women to dance with me.The women ask me to dance! Therefore,if you go on a single's cruise,on Formal Nights,and there usually two Formal Nights on a 7 night cruise,make sure you rent or buy a tux. As one older woman once told me,"Every man looks great in a tux." :) Oh,I almost forgot.Usually on these singles's cruises,the ratio of women to men,is 2 to 1,just like that Beach Boys song,"Two Girls For Every Boy"
I might have been able to have been able to adjust to be serving on a ship.But, serving on a submarine,well that might would have been a different,and a difficult situation.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
That sounds like fun. I’ve never been on a cruise, but I’ve done a couple of coach tours in Europe. I thought the tours were lots of fun. Although at times, I found the pace too rushed. Did you have enough time to really explore or swim when you had excursions ?
Yes,Yankee girl,cruises are fun.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Exit .. I still don't know why single guys haven't found single cruises ... hard to find a better vacation! I was with VTG this time.

Dayhiker,I have read that men,in general,if they visit a certain place,and have a great time,they will continue to go to that same place almost every year. As my friend who goes to Disneyland every year.He says he goes to Disneyland every year,because he likes it.I keep telling him that is fine.But,there are other places to go on this planet besides Disneyland.

I am booked on a Halloween Cruise on the Bliss for October 27,2018 with SinglesCruise.com. VTG also has a singles' cruise at the same time on the Bliss,which is a brand new ship,that will debut in April of 2018. Therefore,there will be two singles' groups on this ship. Most of my former singles' cruise shipmates have booked this cruise also. The ship can accommodate 4,000 passengers. Would it not be a riot if we had 4,000 singles on one ship? A great ratio of women to men would be 3,000 women to 1,000 men.
Well,I can dream,can't I?

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
lol ... dream on exit ... I heard people talking about how both singles groups would be on the same ship next Halloween. Should make for interesting times! VTG is planning 20 singles cruises next year as they are getting that much demand.
They have also said if any trip be it a land trip or a cruise gets 40 people signed up they are willing to make it a VTG hosted event. So they are growing in several ways. Also doing their first river cruise in Europe. It sold out in 5 days .. single have taken over the whole boat.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if there are any local singles cruises, so the cost of getting to the departure point could be a bit prohibitive as international flights aren't cheap.

But my main concern about such cruises would be the activities involved. Not so much during the day, as I have no problem with excursions, but it's more the evenings. I hardly ever drink, and dancing is an activity which holds absolutely no interest for me, so if those are going to be the main ways of occupying ourselves in the evening then I'm not going to have all that good a time.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know if there are any local singles cruises, so the cost of getting to the departure point could be a bit prohibitive as international flights aren't cheap.

But my main concern about such cruises would be the activities involved. Not so much during the day, as I have no problem with excursions, but it's more the evenings. I hardly ever drink, and dancing is an activity which holds absolutely no interest for me, so if those are going to be the main ways of occupying ourselves in the evening then I'm not going to have all that good a time.

Citanul,just some words of encouragement. I do not drink,also. There was a time in which I did not know how to dance.As a matter of fact,I did not go to my high school Junior and Senior Proms.Because,I did not know how to dance. But,as I have gotten older,I have noticed at least one thing about women. That is women just love to dance. This is a classic case of,"I wish I knew then what I know now". I now go Ballroom Dancing three times a week. There are usually more women than men at these three Senior Centers for people 50 and over. And,I rarely,rarely ever get turned down. I have read,and a woman wrote this,that if a woman is bouncing around to the beat of the music,and you ask her to dance,there is a 95% chance that she will say."Yes!". Well I have about a 90% success rate.Most men are embarrassed about getting on the dance floor,if they are not great dancers. Believe me,one does not have to be a Fred Astaire,or a Gene Kelly,in order to get a "Yes".And,it feels so,so good,when a woman responds,"Yes!" Women love music,and women love to dance. One can always take dance lessons. I never saw the show,"Dancing With The Stars". Besides,dancing is just exercise with music. And,this exercise has kept my blood sugar and my weight down.Since I retired last March,I have lost about ten pounds.I now will have to get a new belt,because I have ran out of notches. I am usually pulling my pants up. A single man,who is heterosexual,always want to get noticed by women.Well,if you dance,plenty of women will noticed you. At these Senior Centers, a few women often ask me to dance.
Also,believe it or not,there are some women who are not interested in dancing.Some women are interested in just talking.You will have at least one thing in common with these women.You both love to travel.
By the way,on these single cruises,we get people from all over the United States,Canada,the U.K.,Australia,Russia,and other parts of the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I also don't go on cruises to drink.
Most people are there to be social and other reasons.
I do go to dance and I really enjoy that, but my last cruise seemed like maybe 20% were there to dance.
Some cruisers' bar tab costs more than their cruise fare. Because,the cabin key card can also be used as a credit card.As you well know, everything that is bought on board,goes on the cabin key card.

Upvote 0