Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone on christiansingles.com or christian mingle? What do you think of them?

When i lived in Illinois i was with them for a months membership, and had some good responses to my profile. I met with quite a few gals for coffee and ended up dating one for a year and another for 3 years . I liked the site.

Im with 'Plenty of Fish' currently..but its mixed secular and christian . They do give you free messaging with others however.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,659.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thanks for the input Dave and Saved24. My thought is, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm willing to take a chance on finding someone, despite the risks.

You're welcome. I pray it goes well for you and that the Lord blesses this endeavour. I am happy being single really. I also live in such a remote place, I'd never ask someone to move here, and well, I don't think it's time for me to move.

Upvote 0

Cactus Jack

Jul 12, 2011
somewhere
✟17,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been in a few dating sites, and the biggest disappointment was in the Christian sites. There was a lot of people that were looking for sex. That's not right. eHarmony wasn't very good. Now with Plenty of Fish and still no luck.

Upvote 0

loveabounds

Daughter of God
Mar 19, 2012
Western PA
✟15,765.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone on christiansingles.com or christian mingle? What do you think of them?

I've tried Christian Mingle and was very disappointed. Actually, it seems like there were a lot of foreigners who seemed to think that Christian women were push overs. I received about 5 messages from men there that basically all had the same story....their wives died leaving them with small children, they all worked on oil rigs, and they all wanted to get married in a hurry! Seemed suspicious to me, and I kept thinking their work visa's must be close to expiring.

I had some contact with others, but as someone already stated...they seemed to only want sex.

God actually used POF for His purpose to get me to move where I live now, to do His work (it's a great story!). I stayed on POF and have met some very nice people....some not so nice. Dated a couple men. I use the site to primarily help witness to others or to help them with problems they may have. But thanks to this site, I have two very good friends that I wouldn't have met otherwise!! They are both a very important part of my life!!

I gave up on the love stuff...I think God has other plans for me, but I stay there to do God's work.

I pray that if you're on those sites that if it's God's will, you meet the person He intends you to share your walk with!!!

God Bless you all!!

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,659.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I gave up on the love stuff...I think God has other plans for me, but I stay there to do God's work.

I pray that if you're on those sites that if it's God's will, you meet the person He intends you to share your walk with!!!

God Bless you all!!

Thank you for sharing. I am glad God used POF in a positive way for you, for the most part. Pretty neat how the Lord used this to meet some great friends.

Upvote 0

loveabounds

Daughter of God
Mar 19, 2012
Western PA
✟15,765.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for sharing. I am glad God used POF in a positive way for you, for the most part. Pretty neat how the Lord used this to meet some great friends.

Thank you Saved24! Even though I use POF as a small ministry, it still can be disheartening at times. So many men who contact women just for sex, asking questions they shouldn't be. I simply tell them that I am a Christian first, a lady second and that their questions and line of discussion are inappropriate! You'd be surprised at how fast they end that conversation!! lol

I too, have made some amazing friends here as well! I am truly blessed!!

Upvote 0

jaapottery

~Graphed in the vine~
Aug 19, 2012
Wester Drumlins
✟10,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for all the great input everyone! I did joint Christian singles, but not too impressed. I also found a group in my area that is just different activities with other christians. Went to a dinner party last night, was very fun. I took a big step out of my comfort zone, and I'm glad I did. :D

Upvote 0

loveabounds

Daughter of God
Mar 19, 2012
Western PA
✟15,765.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for all the great input everyone! I did joint Christian singles, but not too impressed. I also found a group in my area that is just different activities with other christians. Went to a dinner party last night, was very fun. I took a big step out of my comfort zone, and I'm glad I did. :D

Awww....that's great, Jaapottery!!! Glad you had a good time.

I pray you find the One God intends you to share your life with!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,659.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

That sounds so nice! happy for you! God bless!

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,659.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've been in a few dating sites, and the biggest disappointment was in the Christian sites. There was a lot of people that were looking for sex. That's not right. eHarmony wasn't very good. Now with Plenty of Fish and still no luck.

Sorry to hear that Jack, it's so sad. Why would anyone join a Christian site and look for that instead of a meaningful relationship and companionship that puts the Lord in the center? That must have been such a disappointment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cactus Jack

Jul 12, 2011
somewhere
✟17,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to hear that Jack, it's so sad. Why would anyone join a Christian site and look for that instead of a meaningful relationship and companionship that puts the Lord in the center? That must have been such a disappointment.
It is. I get a few people interested in my profile at ChristianSingles.com, and though I do not see myself as a racist, I also cannot see myself flying to the Phillipenes to date a woman.

I'm thinking of starting a thread specific for the singles that are working on their profiles, because I know mine sucks, each other helping edit and criticize the profiles.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,659.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is. I get a few people interested in my profile at ChristianSingles.com, and though I do not see myself as a racist, I also cannot see myself flying to the Phillipenes to date a woman.

I'm thinking of starting a thread specific for the singles that are working on their profiles, because I know mine sucks, each other helping edit and criticize the profiles.

Oh, a thread on the forums? Some people might go for that. I really have no experience with that myself.

It would be much easier dating someone in your country eh? even me I think I'd rather meet someone in my country, mainly because I heard it is expensive to try and marry someone in another country, even our neighbours in the states. Then again, I think it isn't probably my destiny to marry.

Nice to hear from you again by the way, hope you have been keeping well.

Upvote 0