Canada
Visit site
✟9,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
platinumike said:
I thought i was bad, you guys have alot more frustrations than I do. I dunno how to adress the women on this one, especially since they seem to be the most prevelant in this thread. For a Christian guy, the temptation isnt really there unless your going to places, or hanging with people you shouldnt be in the first place. OF course the big question arises if you have a girlfriend...in which case you should only have a Christian GF in the first place.

I don't know about that. I think the only way to effectively remove the "temptation" if you will (the desire for sex), is to either completely isolate yourself from the rest of humanity from early childhood (and never seek out the company of anyone, especially of the opposite gender... the term for this being "bush eye", which means that you've been in the wilderness too long that you go after the first one you see), or to castrate yourself and become a eunoch. :eek: Beyond that, I think the desire is pretty much there to stay... Now, whether God takes that desire and lessens it upon telling you that you are meant to remain single, or if he brings you to someone who is going in the same direction in life, that's really another matter. Ultimately, I think everyone here is trying to make sense of our singleness from where we are at, and the issue of sexuality is one of those core issues of humanity.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Highland Watchman said:
I don't know about that. I think the only way to effectively remove the "temptation" if you will (the desire for sex), is to either completely isolate yourself from the rest of humanity from early childhood (and never seek out the company of anyone, especially of the opposite gender... the term for this being "bush eye", which means that you've been in the wilderness too long that you go after the first one you see), or to castrate yourself and become a eunoch. :eek:
Being as sinful desires come from the heart rather than the genitals, castration wouldn't work.

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." - Matthew 15:19

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
twistedsketch said:
Being as sinful desires come from the heart rather than the genitals, castration wouldn't work.

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." - Matthew 15:19

You said it my friend
It comes from the heart and soul
And then from the mouth and bodies.

Upvote 0

NicelyAged

Oct 4, 2005
Pacific Northwest
✟15,510.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks for the comments JohnZ

Yeah, a lot of great responses.

This is just my view, but I believe the roots of this come from ancient church. By conditioning Christians (mainly the women) to associate sex with evil, this would help keep the women from having sex with anyone other than her husband. Yet we know prostitution abounded in those times and many of the men used these services. So what was accomplished was to create an environment where men secretly enjoyed multiple women sexual partners while keeping the women sexually "dumb". By keeping the women sexually dumb, whatever sex she had with her husband would be the only sex she knows and her view of what sex is would be determined by that. If it was bad sex, selfish, or whatever, the women wouldn't know the difference and be less likely to seek their sexual satisfaction elsewhere.

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
sallystrothers said:
KrillBee said:
At least its good to know that some Christian women are interested in sex though. I get worried some times that when I finally do get married and am 'allowed' to have sex, that my wife wont hardly want to have it much
Thats quite the statement coming from someone who condems sex in every color, shape and form...
Allowed to have sex? Krill, I thought that the only pure form of sex in marriage was to do it in the name of procreation! :D

Upvote 0

vangelicmonk

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
✟8,101.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I have to say at my age and as a Virgin there is frustration at the intimate level and at a personal level. I first fell in love a few years ago and the relationship didn't work out. I still miss her, but I am so glad that we never gave in to our temptations and we even didn't kiss because we decided before not to go there until marriage.

Before I started courting her I had not kissed a girl in like 4 years and before that it was about another 4 years. What I remember most was that this last girl is I really cared about her and loved her and just the fact that I held her hand was such a joy for me. It wasn't something that was sexual, but it was intimate. I didn't want to stop holding her hand. Even hugging wasn't as great as just the joy of holding her hand and looking into her eyes. I miss that and I miss the great conversations. I am very careful now who I seek to court. I have ignored Christian and unchristian women who have showed interest because I didn't see anything with them and I'm really seeking God on showing me who is the one. Its not easy.

Upvote 0

vangelicmonk

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
✟8,101.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I have to say at my age and as a Virgin there is frustration at the intimate level and at a personal level. I first fell in love a few years ago and the relationship didn't work out. I still miss her, but I am so glad that we never gave in to our temptations and we even didn't kiss because we decided before not to go there until marriage.

Before I started courting her I had not kissed a girl in like 4 years and before that it was about another 4 years. What I remember most was that this last girl is I really cared about her and loved her and just the fact that I held her hand was such a joy for me. It wasn't something that was sexual, but it was intimate. I didn't want to stop holding her hand. Even hugging wasn't as great as just the joy of holding her hand and looking into her eyes. I miss that and I miss the great conversations. I am very careful now who I seek to court. I have ignored Christian and unchristian women who have showed interest because I didn't see anything with them and I'm really seeking God on showing me who is the one. Its not easy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟379,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
GQ Chris said:
Being sexually frustrated is yet another way that the enemy can use to draw believers away from God. Trust that God will provide and in his timing it will come to pass.
As with most things, sexual frustration isn't a matter of bad or good in and of itself... rather, how we deal with it is. The enemy can even use contentment to lead believers away from God!

Also, if marriage can be compared to God's relationship to the Church, what might we make of sexual frustration? A man who longs for a wife (and a woman who longs for a husband) might have stronger insight into how God feels about people who are separated from Him than a coupled person who is metaphorically fat & happy, or the person who distainfuly resigns him or herself to pseudo-indifference (not to be confused with those who are called to remain celibate, of course).

Upvote 0

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
mrkguy75 said:
As with most things, sexual frustration isn't a matter of bad or good in and of itself... rather, how we deal with it is. The enemy can even use contentment to lead believers away from God!

Also, if marriage can be compared to God's relationship to the Church, what might we make of sexual frustration? A man who longs for a wife (and a woman who longs for a husband) might have stronger insight into how God feels about people who are separated from Him than a coupled person who is metaphorically fat & happy, or the person who distainfuly resigns him or herself to pseudo-indifference (not to be confused with those who are called to remain celibate, of course).

Very interesting... makes alot of sense.

Upvote 0