United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello Brethren,

I've really been struggling but not like a mental health kind of struggle lately with singleness. I have this desire to have a female Christian companion and to get married but it's as if it's not going to happen. In the past I've really went wrong and had premarital sex with multiple women at least 2 were non Christians but I want to do it right this time I'm 27 and I guess I'm still young but I've come to the point that it seems as if everyone just wants to have casual relationships now and no one really wants to get married anymore and it even kind of makes me want to stop looking for a companion and ditch and suppress my desire to get married and have children one day. Please help me through this brothers and sisters,

Jared Bell
JB

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If God has a woman planned for you, you will find one. I didn't get married until I was 29 myself. I was a loser and a 28 year old virgin (yes my wife and I had premarital sex. Not quite proud of it but mistakes happen). I thought my whole life I would never meet anyone and I'm living proof that if you're meant to be married, it WILL happen. Maybe not today or tomorrow but at God's perfect timing. Just keep praying and have hope. If you weren't meant to be married that's fine, surround yourself with friends and the Christian life is much easier for the non married. When you're married God expects you to man up and provide for your family and lead your wife. It's quite stressful.

Upvote 0

James Watson

May 12, 2022
Florida
✟35,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Brethren,

I've really been struggling but not like a mental health kind of struggle lately with singleness. I have this desire to have a female Christian companion and to get married but it's as if it's not going to happen. In the past I've really went wrong and had premarital sex with multiple women at least 2 were non Christians but I want to do it right this time I'm 27 and I guess I'm still young but I've come to the point that it seems as if everyone just wants to have casual relationships now and no one really wants to get married anymore and it even kind of makes me want to stop looking for a companion and ditch and suppress my desire to get married and have children one day. Please help me through this brothers and sisters,

Jared Bell
JB
I would encourage you to make sure you are a Christian i.e. repentant of your sins, putting faith in Christ as Savior and Lord by grace, believing Jesus is God and man, the only way to be saved, then grow as a Christian (i.e. daily prayer and Bible reading, walking in the Holy Spirit, involvement in a Bible-teaching church and doing ministry).
I would make an effort to find a Christian wife through online sites. I met my wife through Christian Cafe. The amount of committed Christians is small, so you have to find them, and they may be some distance away. Just have faith and seek her. Once you find the one you think God has for you, then you need to find out if she is the one. I believe you can have indicators that show God’s will by her fitting the profile of the type of person God would have you marry (e.g. committed Christian, communicate well, compatibility, etc.). Let me know if I can help. I have a video on YouTube that deals with finding the one God has for you to marry.

Upvote 0