Single mom dealing with puberty ( i believe )

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi to all

I am a Christian woman who is single and I have a 12 year old son. To my surprise when cleaning his room , I decided to strip his bed sheets but noticed a wet spot although it was not urine plus it wasn't a huge area as if he pee'd in his bed. It looks like a stain ( yes that type of stain ).

I don't know how to approach him on this subject. I am his parent and I can't seem to be comfortable talking to him about this. I also don't want to assume that he was masturbating where I hear that boys around this age can have a wet dream . I am puzzled by this as well because I don't know much about this . Could he have [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] in his sleep and is this considered sexual. My other thought is ( yes I understand sex ) that a penis needs to be stimulated in order for [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] to happen.

Call me stupid or how I should know these things, which your right but being a single parent to a son, has it's up and downs.

Dr. Dobson has a really good book on BOYS it goes into what you are asking about. Be wise, loving and don't be afraid to talk with him after reading the book. To many parents leave this up to the school or by letting him find out "someway" That is the worse thing you can do. Be respectful, loving, truthful, alow him to aks all the questions that he has. No questions bad or nasty. remember you want him to be a Godly man and a man who knows how to be a loving husband someday. You have the future of his sexuality in the way you shape his understanding of sex and love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The OP has not been back here since February.

IMO either "she" was a troll; or really did not like responses she got.

If I understood correctly, she was wanting a way to be able to tell if the son was masturbating, and how to get him to stop cold turkey if he was. But many of the responses (mine included) were less draconian and condemning of "M" than what she was wanting.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They say 95% have done it at least once in their lives and the other 5% are liars.
I have heard that as well, but not sure it is valid.

When you are talking small percentages like 4 or 5, you are running at the low end of the bell curve on Testosterone levels. That last couple of percent of guys may have such low T that they may be incapable of having a "happy ending." And the next couple of percentage points may be able to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] but rarely or never feel the urge to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Way late to the conversation, but I was a single mom to a boy for almost 12 years (married now and he's about to turn 16). We had such an open, communicative relationship, that he would just blurt out questions and comments about bodies and sex and the like, with total innocence and not a trace of shame. Even if I was caught off guard now and then, I made sure he knew his body and all its parts and functions were totally normal and natural and never anything to be embarrassed about!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi to all

I am a Christian woman who is single and I have a 12 year old son. To my surprise when cleaning his room , I decided to strip his bed sheets but noticed a wet spot although it was not urine plus it wasn't a huge area as if he pee'd in his bed. It looks like a stain ( yes that type of stain ).

I don't know how to approach him on this subject. I am his parent and I can't seem to be comfortable talking to him about this. I also don't want to assume that he was masturbating where I hear that boys around this age can have a wet dream . I am puzzled by this as well because I don't know much about this . Could he have [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] in his sleep and is this considered sexual. My other thought is ( yes I understand sex ) that a penis needs to be stimulated in order for [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] to happen.

Call me stupid or how I should know these things, which your right but being a single parent to a son, has it's up and downs.
Personal questions will only serve to embarrass him. What he is undergoing is perfectly natural. You can talk casually about pregnancy dangers involved and make sure that he knows what God's Word has to say concerning premarital sex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums