• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Single mom dealing with puberty ( i believe )

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by believerinChrist32, Jan 28, 2015.

1. farout

farout Standing firm for Christ

+849
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican

Dr. Dobson has a really good book on BOYS it goes into what you are asking about. Be wise, loving and don't be afraid to talk with him after reading the book. To many parents leave this up to the school or by letting him find out "someway" That is the worse thing you can do. Be respectful, loving, truthful, alow him to aks all the questions that he has. No questions bad or nasty. remember you want him to be a Godly man and a man who knows how to be a loving husband someday. You have the future of his sexuality in the way you shape his understanding of sex and love.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,486
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    The OP has not been back here since February.

IMO either "she" was a troll; or really did not like responses she got.

If I understood correctly, she was wanting a way to be able to tell if the son was masturbating, and how to get him to stop cold turkey if he was. But many of the responses (mine included) were less draconian and condemning of "M" than what she was wanting.

3. Darkhorse

Darkhorse just horsing around

+2,861
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    To paraphrase Rene' DeCartes(?):

"I'm male; therefore, I masturbate"

4. Dave-W

+15,486
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Ya think?

5. OGM

OGM Newbie

+138
    Christian
    Private
    They say 95% have done it at least once in their lives and the other 5% are liars.

6. Dave-W

+15,486
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I have heard that as well, but not sure it is valid.

When you are talking small percentages like 4 or 5, you are running at the low end of the bell curve on Testosterone levels. That last couple of percent of guys may have such low T that they may be incapable of having a "happy ending." And the next couple of percentage points may be able to ejaculate but rarely or never feel the urge to do so.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  7. OGM

OGM Newbie

+138
    Christian
    Private
    It is just a saying. Yes, many people are pretty much asexual for various reasons and would not necessarily care about sex.

8. Dave-W

+15,486
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others

9. Brianlear

Brianlear Living life in the pacific NW

+45
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Howabout have his father explain what is going on to him? :)

10. Inkachu

Inkachu Bursting with fruit flavor!

+3,722
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Way late to the conversation, but I was a single mom to a boy for almost 12 years (married now and he's about to turn 16). We had such an open, communicative relationship, that he would just blurt out questions and comments about bodies and sex and the like, with total innocence and not a trace of shame. Even if I was caught off guard now and then, I made sure he knew his body and all its parts and functions were totally normal and natural and never anything to be embarrassed about!

11. Dave-W

+15,486
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Ink! You're Back!!!

Welcome!

12. Inkachu

Inkachu Bursting with fruit flavor!

+3,722
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Hey Dave :) I don't know how "back" I am.. I'm here looking for some advice for my son, really. But hello anyway! Nice to be remembered!

13. Radrook

Radrook Well-Known Member

+2,676
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Personal questions will only serve to embarrass him. What he is undergoing is perfectly natural. You can talk casually about pregnancy dangers involved and make sure that he knows what God's Word has to say concerning premarital sex.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  14. Dave-W

+15,486
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    She has not been back since Feb of 2015, almost 2 years ago.

15. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,568
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I think it is still value to discuss for the sake of others, even though she is not still here to see the responses. This can be a very uncomfortable topic and that not all parents know how to deal with.