Tampa
✟15,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First let me apologize for a potentially long post. I am a 26 year old active duty soldier. Back in 2016 I started talking to a girl I went to high school with. I was stationed in Texas at the time while she was back in my home state of Tennessee. During that time she was a single mother and I was in the process of transferring from Texas to a new base located in Tampa Florida. Things seemed like they were going great for us, and we hit a small rough patch where she didn't speak to me for about a month. But eventually came back around. While we had not seen each other in person since High School (I graduated in 2010 and her in 2012) things seemed pretty serious between us. we were exchanging I love yous and I was smitten.

At the end of December 2016 I took leave to go spend New Years with her and her son. On New eve into new years after everyone had went to sleep for the night we ended up sleeping together. After that night we grew so much closer, she even met all of my family during the remainder of my trip. Mid January I had to leave and head back to Florida, to get back to work for the Army. Before I left I had been chatting with another woman I had served with. She was moving to Tampa from Washington State to go to school with and to be with a guy she met and had been dating on and off. She had asked me if she could stay with me until she found a place of her own and her GI Bill benefits kicked in. She would have stayed with the man she was dating but she was unsure of how their relationship would work out and did not want to risk a falling out with him and be stuck in a new area with no place to go. So I agreed with out telling my girlfriend.

Fast forward about two weeks. My girlfriend had made it aware to me she was pregnant, even though I initially was shocked and scared, I was excited because I loved this woman with every thing I had in me. At this moment we planned to get married and start a life together. Life was amazing. I was doing everything I possibly could to build myself and prepare to be a father. The woman that was staying with me ended up being there about 2 months vs a few weeks, I let her have my room and I slept on the couch. We had no sexual or questionable type of engagement between each other. It was solely me helping out a battle buddy. On my birthday the girl got me a card and we celebrated my birthday my going to a pet store and just looking at animals.

At the end of March she moved out and was on her own. Fast forward again to April 4th 2017. I was told by my girlfriend to expect a package for my birthday, after I got off my 12 hour shift that day, I checked the mail and received nothing. I went into my apartment and texted her and told her I didn't get anything and she did not reply instantly, I assumed it was because she was also at work. After eating dinner and a shower, while I was watching Netflix she told me that the package should be there. I said ok Ill go check again incase it came late. I grabbed my mailbox key and opened my door to see her standing with her son in one hand and a Birthday cake in the other. The package was her and her son there to visit me for a few days. I was so happy and had never had a better surprise. Two days into her trip I noticed her acting different and disappointed and what seemed to be slightly upset with me. I tried to press her and ask what was wrong but she said everything was fine, but I could tell other wise. She eventually texted me while I was at work saying that she is sorry but we are just too different to be together and that she was leaving my apartment to get a hotel until she returned home that way things were not awkward. I was crushed and had no clue what was going on.

I eventually found out that she had found the card from the girl and knew that she had stayed there. I knew then that I messed up by not being honest with her to begin with. I had already had plans to take leave in May to go home and marry her and mover her to Tampa with me. I ended up driving back to Tennessee in may to visit family and drop some things off to her that she bought for her son and could not take on the plane. I arrived at her aunts house where she lived and she didn't even speak to me. Her aunt felt terrible for me because she knew that I really loved her and was a good guy that just had a lapse in judgment. But I said my good byes and did what any young Soldier tends to do during hard times and turned to drinking heavily. While still on this trip I was led to believe that she had lost the baby, and that she was moving to Nashville. At that point I felt like it was all over and there was no chance for us, but me being the stubborn man I am I still held onto loving her.

Fast forward to January 1st 2018. I had woke up to a text from her saying she wanted to ask me a question, and wanted me to answer it honestly. So I said ok, she asked me if while we were together if I had ever cheated on her. I gave her the honest reply that I could have never done that to her or son, and that I still loved them dearly. She asked me when Ill be coming home again that we needed to catch up. I wasn't sure but over the months she would ask me when I'm coming home and that we needed to catch up, but I always put off the trip, because I was afraid of going home seeing her getting my hopes up and being crushed all over again. Mid March I told her I would be coming home and I would make plans with her. But I in reality was going to delay the trip because Of the same reason before. Two days later I get a call from my uncle saying that my mom was sent to the University of Tennessee hospital for a stroke and I was forced to go home, so I decided to man up and meet up with her while I was there and get it over with. I let her know I was in town and why. She said after everything was settled with my mother that we would make plans. Every time we had made plans she dodged me and I finally told her ok we we are going to meet here at this time, if you don't show, youll never hear from me again.

Needless to say she didn't show up and I was upset so I talked to her aunt. Her aunt said that she was there and that she would talk to her. I found out that she had actually had forgot about our plans and felt bad so they both invited me to the house, because she needed to talk to me. I mustered up the courage and drove. After fighting the evening traffic in Knoxville I pulled into the driveway, stepped out of my car and was prepared to knock on the door and find out what was so important. Before I could even make it to the porch her aunt stepped out and said lets talk in your car for a minute. I was weirded out at this point. But we talked in the car about my behavior with drinking and such over the past year and my phase of being suicidal and threatening to kill myself. Eventually her aunt looked at me and said, inside the house to have a 6 month old son. He is every bit of yours, you can either leave now and we will never try to contact you or you can go inside and meet him and be a part of his life. She also I me that my ex was not ready to date me or anyone and that she said if anything happened to grow between me and her again then we would go from there. I chose to meet my Son and be a part of his life.

Ill skip the awkwardness of the initial meeting. Me trying to make up for lost time was invited to stay with them so I could be with the boys, things between me and her were very friendly and fun. We caught up on the lost time and hung out a lot with the kids and grew closer than ever. Every day there was this tension between us, not sexual tension, but emotional tension. Like we had feeling for each other still, but was unsure if it was awkward to express them. Eventually after a few car rides on the way to resturants, we had serious talks and bonded with each other. We knew the feelings were there at this point. ONe night we sat on the couch and she kept looking at me, she confided in me that me taking so well to being a father to both boys really brought forth emotions. Over the next few days it was like we were dating all over again. She was impressed with how mature I had grown since our break up and things were looking up. The night after we had traveled to bring my son to meet his grand parents, we bonded in the car. The next night instead of sleeping on the couch, I laid down a few blankets in the floor of her room and she eventually got up from her bed and laid down with me. I expressed to her the whole year she was gone I never stopped loving her and that I was sure with me trying to dodge her but being forced to come home because of a medical emergency was Gods miracle to bring us back together and to put me into my sons life.

The following morning before she left for work she kissed me and told me she loved me. SHE Told first. So I figured things were looking up. Unfortunetly I had to leave the next day to make it back in time for work. The morning before my departure we said our good byes and she was really upset that I was leaving, she didn't show it , but I could hear the sadness and pain in her voice. I told her I loved her and that we would be ok cause God brought us to this point for a reason, and I truly and whole heartedly believe it. She told me she loved me and I asked her if she meant it, and she said yes. 2 hours later I said good bye to my kids and started my 10 hour drive back to florida. I texted her and asked her with the things went, are we back together, she told me as of right now no, because she had some trust issues and was not willing to do a long distance relationship. I understood given my screw up a year prior. But now that I'm here in florida her attitude and made a 180. She doesn't tell me she loves me and is less affectionate toward me. I believe this is because she doesn't want to get attached to me and have the same thing happen. I honestly believe God brought me through this odd turn of events to bring us back together. But I wanted to hear the thoughts of someone else. Any input of if I should hold on to the faith that this is what God has planned, or if anyone has advice to offer. Thank you all in advance.

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I would give it time. I would also not spend time alone with her until things are going well between the two of you because it causes hopes, disappointments, and confusion. The two of you seem to go too far with each other before you are both ready, then things take a bad turn. During this time you can work on being very open and honest with her. You have a child together so being direct and staying clear is best for everyone, especially the children involved.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
She isn't mature enough to handle military life or being a military wife.

I am really bothered by her "forgetting" to meet with you after you made arrangements. Either that is a lie or she doesn't really care that much about you...especially, if that is indeed your son living in her house.

I'd tread very carefully with this relationship.

• Informative
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Cling to Jesus, every night pray for your kids and their mother, read the word. I promise the word of God and conversing with Him will give you more peace, wisdom and comfort than any stranger on this forum.

I’m happy you are a father, it’s a great joy. Make sure to never stop fighting to be in your kid’s life.

ehen I’m afraid or angry or lonely I read these over and over and thank Jesus for my sons, even though their mother left me. God is good

The holy grail of joy verses first!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Luke 10:20

9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

John 15:9- 11

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16:11

Psalm 94:19 "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13

I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.

Philippians 1:23-26

(Paul says that continuing to inspire progress and joy in the church was one of the only reasons he was still even alive on earth.)

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Habakkuk 3:17-18

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more GLADLY about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

Acts 7:54-56

Then Nebuchadnezzar was furious with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and his attitude toward them changed. He ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual So these men, wearing their robes, trousers, turbans and other clothes, were bound and thrown into the blazing furnace. Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, “Weren’t there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?” They replied, “Certainly, Your Majesty.” He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

Daniel 3:19,21,24-25

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-39

John 16:20

Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

John 16:22

John 16:24

Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33

1 Peter 5:10

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

James 1:12

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James 1:2-4

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

-1 Peter 4:12-13

At this time, Emperor Nero was burning the bodies of Christians to light his gardens in the evenings

In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

2 Timothy 3:12

And now, brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity.

2 Corinthians 8:1-2

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.

Romans 8:18-19

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.John 15:9-11

Romans 5:1-5 New International Version (NIV)

Peace and Hope

5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

1 Peter 2:20-21

Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Neh 8:10

Psalm 51:12

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfector of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1–2)

Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Psalm 5:11 "But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee."

The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.

Psalm 103:19 - Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 103:19 - New International Version

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 12:11-12

So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

1 Peter 4:19

Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!

Psalm 32:11

It gave me great joy when some believers came and testified about your faithfulness to the truth, telling how you continue to walk in it. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

3 John 1:3-4 - Bible Gateway passage: 3 John 3-4 - New International Version

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfector of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1–2)

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty.

Jeremiah 15:16

Upvote 0