• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Sing Praises- Why you shouldn't be shy in Praise & Worship Services

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by Sierra Franklin, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Sierra Franklin

Sierra Franklin Member

+62
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Psalm 47:6- “Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.”

Lift your voice and sing praises to God! Sing with all your heart and all that is within you! God is amazing in everything He is. He has made Himself known in every second since the beginning of time. He made your voice unique and special. There is no one on the planet with the same voice.

Everyone has a different set of vocal cords. He designed you just for Him, He made your voice so special so that while everyone else is shouting and singing, out of billions of people on the planet, He can hear your voice out of them all. Your voice is so important to God, to sing to Him. You should never be ashamed to sing out at church, at home or wherever you are. The Lord is looking for a generation who is unashamed of Him completely.

The world has no problem lifting their voices for their “idols”. They shout, scream, jump and clap for their celebrities, music artists etc. Have you ever gone to a sports game like football or basketball? You see thousands of people shouting and jumping and clapping as their team is running score. The stadium thunders with a joyful noise, with energy and excitement, with passion and devotion! Put those same people in church on Sunday and they stand there, hands folded or behind their backs. The song says for everyone to lift their hands no one does, the worship leader says give God a shout of praise no one shouts. The band is playing music of praise to God and no one is dancing, no one is barely smiling.

We stand looking and spectating not giving one ounce of praise to God. Why? Well, we obviously know we were created to praise by this sports game scene, but we struggle to give our praise to God. Maybe because we only shout and praise for what we can see and what we envy.

God is desiring for us to want to be like Him. When we are in the church we need to be shouting, screaming and jumping for God. Clapping and praising Him. When we sing praises to Him we are putting all the focus on Him, giving Him all credit for everything in our lives. He is looking for a generation to identify who He is.

Psalm 95:1-2 “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!”

The nations have turned their hearts from God. He searches the earth for those who will praise and worship Him and spirit and in truth. God will dwell in those who are true worshipers.

John 4:23-24- “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

He is looking for you! Our God, the One who is the Creator of everything is looking for something, yes, He’s still without something, it’s you! The one who will worship Him in spirit and in truth, who will sing praises to Him with all your heart. Sing praises out of your love for Him. When we praise Him we are reminded of His Greatness, His Kindness. We are putting Him back on the throne of our hearts when we praise Him with an upright heart.

Stop using the excuse “I can’t sing” everyone can sing! God made no flaw in your voice. The only ones who determine if you sound bad or not, are people, not God! People’s opinions don’t matter. Don’t hold back your praise from God. I used to be afraid to sing out, I didn’t want people to look at me. The funny thing was everyone around me was singing out loud and wasn’t even paying attention to me and still I was afraid. As if once I start singing the whole room will stop and look at me. One scripture that I love a lot about singing is this one,

Zephaniah 3:17- “The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love, he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."

Even the Lord sings! Not only that, He rejoices over us with singing! Do you know what it means to rejoice? It means to spin wildly! Imagine that! When I read this, I laughed because I pictured Jesus, with His robe and sandals singing and dancing like nobody is watching! God is so funny and loving and is crazy about you! Never hold back your praise from God. It’s a silly lie from the devil to try and make you insecure during praise and worship, or insecure about praising God period.

Who cares what others think, who cares how you sound. Your praise is not for other people, you aren’t praising for yourself, you are praise the God who has saved your soul! Give Him your praise! Let it be a sacrifice of praise if it has to be. God is attracted to praise.

When we praise, He comes. The bible says, “He inhabits the praises of His people”. God sets His throne right in the middle of our praise services and He relaxes. He is in a place where everyone adores Him. I wonder how many churches He passes up because there is no true praise coming from His people. I wonder how long it takes Him to find a church that is unashamed to shout and sing and dance in praise before God.

Let it start with you! Just go for it! Express your love for God through your praise!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Doug Melven

Doug Melven Well-Known Member

+2,543
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Praise ye the LORD!
    Praise ye the LORD!
    Praise ye the LORD!
    Praise ye the LORD!
    Praise ye the LORD!

Let everything that has breath PRAISE THE LORD

I wish I could have given you more than one winner rating.

3. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,371
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hallelujah!

4. Far Side Of the Moon

Far Side Of the Moon " The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)

+2,873
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I always thought n.my voice was weird sounding to me.....

But you're right, anything God makes for himself is wonderful.