• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Sin

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by aforchrist33, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Always confessed

2. Judged twice

3. Considered paid and not imputed

4. Not sure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aforchrist33

aforchrist33 Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. solo66 man

solo66 man Well-Known Member

+2
    The word says confess to one another
    James 5
    16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

1 John 1
    9 If we confess our sins , he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Acts 19
    18Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds.

And there is more.

3. zamar

zamar Member

+0
    1 John 1:9 Works everytime.

Of course our confession should be to God and not another man.
    Z

4. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    >>Do you believe we are to continue confessing sins?

I think we should quit sinning, so that there is nothing to confess. If your going keep right on sinning, it will not do any good to confess it, because God will know your only sorry your not allowed to sin, and that your not at all sorry for being a sinner.

5. BigEd

BigEd an adopted child of God

+3
    Christian
    Married
    I have to disagree with you, in part, JohnR7.

There are some sins in life which are grieving but very difficult to stop.
    I know this as I am a person recovering from addiction.
    there is some sin that has me in thral only the power Of the Lord can change me and turn me from this sin.
    I am not perfect yet , so I still need to confess sin.

1Jn. 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the
    truth is not in us.

6. SenseiPiccolo

SenseiPiccolo Well-Known Member

+0
    Theres no way to stop sinning, but we do have an advocate-- Christ Jesus
    :help:

The Bible says:

They that knoweth to do good and doth it not-- to them is sin.

Even the rightious man sinneth seven times in a day.

:cry:

but thanks be to Jesus for paying the price for our sins!!
    :clap:

7. solo66 man

+2
    Are you sinless? You are the only one in the world who is if you say you are or you are deceived. Which would be more like it. (Deceived that is.)

8. Dave Ulchers

Dave Ulchers Active Member

+0
    If you say you are without sin you are decieved, because to say such a thing is vanity and a sin in and of itself.

As John the Evangelist makes clear, the children of God do not sin. I wonder who's children would like us to believe otherwise? :scratch:

9. Dave Ulchers

+0
    Still, that doesn't mean there aren't such people that do what is right.

"Even a just man falls seven times a day." A fall isn't the same thing as a sin.

As Marguerite Porete writes:

10. paulewog

paulewog Father of Insanity; Child of Music.

+369
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    John says, If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves. read 1st John sometime.

very interesting.

:)

11. Dave Ulchers

+0
    Even Jesus never said he was without sin. It's a sin to say you are without sin. It ain't a sin to be without sin, though.

:)

12. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    >>Even Jesus never said he was without sin.

Spoken like a true harlot. If your trying to say Jesus was a sinner, that would be blasphemy.

The truth is, the reason He was able to take our place at calvery, was because He had no sin.

2 Cor. 5:21
    He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

If Jesus was a sinner, and He went around preaching that people should quit sinning, then that would make Him a hyprocrate. He would be preaching something that He himself was not doing. Jesus was not a hyprocrate.

13. solo66 man

+2
    Jesus was tempted, even by Satan in the desert, but he new no sin. Which is why His death is of effect.

14. Dave Ulchers

+0
    :rolleyes: I didn't say that. What I meant was someone who is without sin -- Jesus being one example we can all agree one -- shouldn't say they are without sin. "If we say, 'We are without sin,' we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

15. aforchrist33

aforchrist33 Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    Dear Paulewong;

(1 John 1:8,9) is refering to a sinner.

16. aforchrist33

aforchrist33 Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    Dear Solo66man;

You said,

1. (James 5:16) stated confess your "Sins" Not so! For one thing James was addressing Jews under a covenant realationship of works. (James 1:1) He told them to confess their "Faults" to each other volentarily so God could help them, not damn them if they didn't.

2. Jewish Individuals confessing Jesus as their messiah "Once for salvation" was enough to save them eternally. Can you give me a scripture saying confessing was repeditiveness after the cross? (1 John 1:9)

3. As for your comment on their being more scriptures, I say there are also more explainations by "Rightly dividing" (2 Timothy 2:15) God bless!

17. aforchrist33

aforchrist33 Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    Dear Zemar;

You said, (1 John 1:9) "Works every time"

Yes "Once" for salvation!

18. aforchrist33

aforchrist33 Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    Dear Joanr7;

You said,

1. "We should quit sinning, so that there is nothing to confess" Do you know anyone including yourself who has stop sinning in order to stop confessing?

2. The wages of sin is "Death" not "Sorrow" You can be sorry all you want but without blood is no fogiveness! God bless!

19. aforchrist33

aforchrist33 Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    Dear BigEd;

1. Your right about having difficulty with weaknesses of the flesh, as did Paul. (Romans 7:15,17,18,19,20,25)

2. As to your claiming to be in need of confession due to no "Being perfect yet" I would ask if you had a scripture encouraging us to confess repeditively after salvation? God bless!

20. aforchrist33

aforchrist33 Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    Dear Senselpiccolo;

Welcome!

Amen to your response to JOHNR7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.