United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Note: This is a topic from and for the Catholic perspective not a partisan one we can find all over the rest of CF.

Thus is part of an ongoing discussion on Catholic Stand: Is it a sin for a Catholic with a well-formed conscience to vote for any Democrat?

Discussion here to date

This discussion has included various statements, comments and responses.

Yes: Is It a Sin to Vote Democrat? - Catholic Stand

No: Is Voting for a Democrat a Mortal Sin? A Correction - Catholic Stand

A recapulation of recent democrat "advancements"...

Continued below.
Sin Voting: Reasons and Intrinsic Evils - Catholic Stand

Last edited:

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hmm. I am more inclined these days to vote for what the candidate stands for (And if they are an incumbent, their prior voting record), than I am to consider their party affiliation.

Here in VA we have some well known incumbents who always sing a different song when it comes to voting.:sigh::sigh::sigh: (but we keep praying for them any way.)

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The conclusion of the article pretty much sums it up for me.

If nothing else, this discussion is laying out the teaching, the principals, and the moral and theological reasoning that are involved in making a determination whether voting for a Democrat is a sin. Perhaps more importantly, some who were unaware of these things and who sincerely do want to well-form their consciences are learning principals, truths and facts they did not know before. Hopefully, the intensity of some writers and commenters (not the least of whom is your present writer) will emphasis rather than cloud the issues.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Note: This is a topic from and for the Catholic perspective not a partisan one we can find all over the rest of CF.

Thus is part of an ongoing discussion on Catholic Stand: Is it a sin for a Catholic with a well-formed conscience to vote for any Democrat?

Discussion here to date

This discussion has included various statements, comments and responses.

Yes: Is It a Sin to Vote Democrat? - Catholic Stand

No: Is Voting for a Democrat a Mortal Sin? A Correction - Catholic Stand

A recapulation of recent democrat "advancements"...

Continued below.
Sin Voting: Reasons and Intrinsic Evils - Catholic Stand
I've followed this on Catholic Stand and even put in my two cents over there. My basic position is that they are all wet in saying one must never, absolutely never, vote for any Democrat. Here's why. There are some rare pro-life Democrats left. One of them is Dan Lapinski from Illinois. He's the real deal. He has earned the hatred of the Illinois Democratic Party but so far he beats out the pro-death Democratic Party approved challengers in the primaries to be the Democratic candidate for Congress in his district. And then he smokes the Republican candidate.

Well, McClung and company at Catholic Stand say I can't vote for Dan Lapinski without committing a mortal sin. That is hogwash. I DO agree with them that your average Democratic Party candidate is impossible to vote for and still be a Christian. It's just that not all Democrats are exactly the same. They try to boot him out but he's not taking their messages and his voters are ignoring them too. I think it's fine to vote for Lapinski. The crazies at Catholic Stand make no bones about how doing so is a mortal sin.

I think if we were careful voters, we Catholics as a group, we could have swayed this country to be a far more moral place. We could have ended abortion 40 years ago. We could have had a sane immigration policy 20 years ago. We would not have screwed up marriage, and we would even be on the way to a green energy policy. But we vote for Tweedle-Dee because our grandparents did. Or we vote for Tweedle-Dum to stopp Tweedle-Dee. It's massive irrationality for us to vote like we do.

Upvote 0