United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin is inevitable, unless one were to die... This is what scripture says;

Romans 6:7 (NASB)
“for he who has died is freed from sin.”

Scripture says that one who has died is freed from sin... What is the meaning of this scripture?

Yes it is true, that if one were to really and truly die they would be free from not only sinning, but free from all influences of this world...

Could it be this is what scripture is talking about? That we, by faith, are supposed to so identify with our deaths in Christ that we are to see ourselves as dead to all things in this world?

If this is true, than most assuredly would this verse be pointing us toward how to be made free from sin...

So then the question would be, have we really and truly died with Christ? For scripture puts forth this truth in so many different ways and so many different places...

Therefore than, it would be a matter of if we were to believe it or not, or still again, if we wanted to believe it or not..

The question could be asked;

Are we willing to die to not only sin, but our very lives of this world? If being willing meant we would be freed from sin and all influences of this world?

For the salvation offered in Christ is absolute, it needs nothing added to it.. The freedom from sin is there, if one would be willing to accept the salvation offered in Christ as it is offered in Christ..

Which is a total giving oneself over to the death that Christ died, as their death... For death frees one from all things... This death that frees one from all things is always accessible to any believer at any moment of time, if one would want it and turn the faith of their heart towards it...

For when Christ died He really and truly took us to death with Him on the cross, this was to free us from the corruption that is in this world through our fall into the life of it... It is reckoning upon this truth as the truth of truths that will free one to walk in this newness of life spoken of...

Faith in one’s death in Christ, as this faith grows, will one begin to walk in this freedom from sin in this newness of life put forth as a free gift... For then one has entered into the rest of God... Now rather then struggle, one trusts... One trusts Christ to live His life in and through them, even if it looks like He would slay them.. Which in fact it really doesn’t matter, because one has already died and their life is hid with Christ in God..

For left to our own devices we will fail, but the salvation we have in Christ, is complete, absolute and awesome to the degree one enters into it..

For those that touch Christ with faith receive.... Be blessed in the salvation that is yours in Christ..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We died to sin in so far as we have been baptized INTO Christ. His death and resurrection become ours in being placed INTO Christ.

Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin.
(Rom 6:3-7)

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We died to sin in so far as we have been baptized INTO Christ. His death and resurrection become ours in being placed INTO Christ.

Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin.
(Rom 6:3-7)

Be blessed in the experiencing of these great and awesome truths..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin is inevitable, unless one were to die... This is what scripture says;

Romans 6:7 (NASB)
“for he who has died is freed from sin.”

I have understood it means one has rejected old natural sinful way, doesn’t follow own nature but the Spirit of God.

• Friendly
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have understood it means one has rejected old natural sinful way, doesn’t follow own nature but the Spirit of God.

As He teaches...Different words describing the same truth.. Be blessed in the experiencing of it..

A fellow believer, Not me

Upvote 0