Mar 20, 2008
✟8,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Taking20Jesus20At20His20Wordvi-vi.jpg

Amen! To have faith like a child...what great joy that would bring! I am praying that I will grow to be more like a little child. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
- John 15:14

Those who live in close fellowship with Christ will be promoted by Him to positions of trust. The servant who does the best he can for his Master is admitted to familiar intercourse with the One whose commands he loves to obey. In the faithful discharge of duty we may become one with Christ, for those who are obeying God's commands may speak to Him freely. The one who talks most familiarly with his divine leader has the most exalted conception of His greatness and is the most obedient to His commands.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. . . . Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth; but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." . . .

The character of the one who comes to God in faith will bear witness that the Saviour has entered into his life, directing all, pervading all. Such a one is continually asking, "Is this Thy will and way, O my Saviour?" Constantly he looks to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of his faith. He consults the will of his divine Friend in reference to all his actions, for he knows that in this confidence is his strength. He has made it a habit to lift up the heart to God in every perplexity. . . .

He who accepts God as his sovereign must take the oath of allegiance to Him. He must put on the Christian uniform and bear aloft the banner that shows to whose army he belongs. He must make an open avowal of his allegiance to Christ. Concealment is impossible. Christ's impress must appear in the life in sanctified works.

"I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people. . . . Ye shall be holy unto me; for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine" (Lev. 20:24-26)...."This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise" (Isa. 43:21).

Bibleuniverse.com

Upvote 0
A

abigale

A Proper Attitude before the Lord

Bible Verses

Luke 10:38 Now as they went, He entered into a certain village, and a certain woman named Martha received Him into her home. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at the Lord's feet and was listening to His word. John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Words of Ministry

Mary had a proper attitude. There are at least four aspects to a proper attitude.

(1) She was at the feet of the Lord Jesus, and not at the feet of anyone else. She was drawing near to the Lord. This is the shortest and quickest way to grow in life. No method is better than coming to Him moment by moment, loving Him, worshipping Him, and unceasingly fellowshipping with Him and remaining in His presence. Many who know God in a deep way have found this way. Madam Guyon said, “Our drawing near to God constitutes all service.” Paul also charged us to pray unceasingly (1 Thes. 5:17). If a man unceasingly fellowships with the indwelling Christ with an unveiled face, he will be changed into the Lord's likeness (2 Cor. 3:18).

(2) She sat at the feet of the Lord. This means that she put herself in a humble position. Humility is a crucial condition for receiving God's blessing. God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble (1 Pet. 5:5). Humility is not belittling ourselves; humility is ignoring ourselves, negating ourselves, and considering ourselves as nothing. If we draw near to God with deep humility, He will give grace to us.

(3) She was sitting down. She was not busy like her sister. Quietness is often the source of spiritual strength. The greatest challenge man faces is being quiet before the Lord. His eyes and thoughts often are distracted to the outside world. Of all the members in the body, the eyes are the busiest, and of all the faculties in the soul, the mind is the busiest. Those who are busy cannot receive revelation easily.

(4) She was listening to the Lord's word. The words that the Lord speaks are spirit and life. Through this word, the Lord dispenses Himself to men. Her listening to the Lord's word afforded the Lord the opportunity to communicate Himself to her so that she would gain the Lord and become like Him. She was continually receiving the Lord Himself. She did not just hear words; she was meeting the Lord. Brothers and sisters, it is a pity for anyone to just hear man's voice in a sermon and not meet the Christ behind the voice.

Words of Ministry from Watchman Nee, General Messages, Vol. 37, The Collected Works of Watchman Nee, pp. 271-272.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Philippians 4:8
whatsoever things [are] true,
whatsoever things [are] noble,
whatsoever things [are] just,
whatsoever things [are] pure,
whatsoever things [are] amiable,
whatsoever things [are] of good report;
if [there be] any virtue
and if any praise,
think on these things

Whenever I struggle with things in my life I think of these words and how they would relate to my circumstances. I can't always change my circumstances but I can change my point of view to try to align it with God's point of view. In other words,I repent of how I'm looking at things and turn to God. Then I know that when I to choose to act according to the Spirit of God, I'm assured that the accuser has nothing on me and that I'm in acting according to His example.

Act on these Things

Galatians 5:22-23

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

If I re-act to those things in my life in love, patience, kindness, and self-control etc. the Spirit acts in it with me. Self-control I find to be the key factor, not that one is better than the other since all combine to make the one. Acting in love can sometimes be very strict yet still kind or gentle yet still unyielding. The Spirit's working within me is as effective as the outer workings on others. I need to always remember to treat myself and others equally.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

1 Corinthians 2:9-3:2 (Darby Translation)

9but according as it is written, Things which eye has not seen, and ear not heard, and which have not come into man's heart, which God has prepared for them that love him,
10but God has revealed to us by [his] Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
11For who of men hath known the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? thus also the things of God knows no one except the Spirit of God.
12But *we* have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which [is] of God, that we may know the things which have been freely given to us of God:
13which also we speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, communicating spiritual [things] by spiritual [means].
14But [the] natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him; and he cannot know [them] because they are spiritually discerned;
15but the spiritual discerns all things, and *he* is discerned of no one.
16For who has known the mind of [the] Lord, who shall instruct him? But *we* have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 3

1And *I*, brethren, have not been able to speak to you as to spiritual, but as to fleshly; as to babes in Christ. 2I have given you milk to drink, not meat, for ye have not yet been able, nor indeed are ye yet able;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images

"Just outside the city of Churchianity,
outside of the busyness of religion,
in a fruitful place of REST lies the village of Bethany
... resting in the knowledge that
"the works were finished from the foundation of the world." (Heb. 4:3)
This is where you’ll find the presence of Jesus,
our acsending and descending ladder.
... this is where you’ll be apprehended by your God-ordained destiny.
... this is where you’ll find effective ministry."​

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
- John 15:14

Those who live in close fellowship with Christ will be promoted by Him to positions of trust. The servant who does the best he can for his Master is admitted to familiar intercourse with the One whose commands he loves to obey. In the faithful discharge of duty we may become one with Christ, for those who are obeying God's commands may speak to Him freely. The one who talks most familiarly with his divine leader has the most exalted conception of His greatness and is the most obedient to His commands.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. . . . Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth; but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." . . .

The character of the one who comes to God in faith will bear witness that the Saviour has entered into his life, directing all, pervading all. Such a one is continually asking, "Is this Thy will and way, O my Saviour?" Constantly he looks to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of his faith. He consults the will of his divine Friend in reference to all his actions, for he knows that in this confidence is his strength. He has made it a habit to lift up the heart to God in every perplexity. . . .

He who accepts God as his sovereign must take the oath of allegiance to Him. He must put on the Christian uniform and bear aloft the banner that shows to whose army he belongs. He must make an open avowal of his allegiance to Christ. Concealment is impossible. Christ's impress must appear in the life in sanctified works.

"I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people. . . . Ye shall be holy unto me; for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine" (Lev. 20:24-26)...."This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise" (Isa. 43:21).

Bibleuniverse.com

A good word for today

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another one from another thread thats worth passing on

Relationship vs Religion

Pharisees – Used the scripture’s to change behavior.
Jesus - Used the scripture’s to change hearts.

Pharisees – This is what you must do.
Jesus – This is what you must believe.

Pharisees – Used the scripture’s to control people.
Jesus – Used the scripture’s to set people free.

Pharisees – Used the scripture’s to make themselves look good.
Jesus – Used the scripture’s to make others look good.

Pharisees – Used the scripture’s to condemn people.
Jesus – Used the scripture’s to build people up.

Pharisees – Used the scripture’s to blame people for their sicknesses.
Jesus – Used the scripture’s to heal people of their sicknesses.

Matthew 7:28-29
And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Same bible, different message. They were astonished at His doctrine, because He taught as one having authority, not as the Scribes and Pharisees.
Authority = The ability to give Freedom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Knowing what is principle and applying it as precept...
In religion, precepts are usually commands respecting moral conduct and governing behavior.
Principles are inward; precepts are outward;
principles promote inwardly the beliefs and motivations for behavior;
precepts train the mind in order to regulate behavior.

“You have heard it said, ‘Thou shalt not commit adultery (precept),’ ‘but I say to you, ‘if a man looks on a woman to lust after her, he has already committed adultery in his heart (violation of principle).’” What are the principles underlying the precept? Covenant faithfulness and love. The precept defines the appropriate behavior as an outworking of the faithfulness principle.

The pharisees absolutized Old Testament laws in order to construct and reinforce their religious system. But this and many other examples in scripture demonstrate that there are exceptions to legalisms that love, nurture and common sense can override. Why? Because precepts recognize exceptions.

The heart of the Sabbath, the principle of the Sabbath, is spiritual rest in Christ. The Old Testament foreshadowing was one day a week, commanded by God, for the good of His people. The principle of rest in Christ underlays the command. But the Pharisees, twisting the scriptures as they did, absolutized the precept and made it all external, with hundreds legal fences around the law in order to protect its “sacredness.”

So, here’s the deal. Institutions, organizations and denominations miss the boat. In allowing the creeping in of institutionalism to overtake initual moves of the Holy Spirit, they absolutize their faulty interpretations of scripture in order to define who they are and what they believe. In this absolutizing they have, step-by-step, excluded the living God in the person of the Holy Spirit, the One who leads us in "in upon line, precept upon precept" revelation and obedience.

It’s like the difference between mis-reading a road map, getting lost, then settling down in a town you really didn't want to live in; or journeying together with the One who knows the end from the beginning who promises us that we will arrive safely at our destination as we are taught by Him from the scriptures.

Principles are living things, expressions of the Father’s heart and nature. Precepts are laws that conform our thoughts, motivations and behaviors to the image of Christ. Exceptions are expressions of freedom that only those freed from legalism and living as bondslaves of Christ can experience.

above were exerpts from:

inJesus.com - Kingdom Understanding (part 2): The Difference between Precepts, Principles and Exceptions to the Rule

Principles are naturally supported by scripture w/o having to force an interpretation upon it.
Looking at the historical background helps to proceed from then to now in application.
The more common ground that exists between interpretation and application, the more likely it is that we should follow the directive as a precept, (theological practice) and not just as a principle.(inward application)

for instance:
In 3 John 6-8, the apostle John discusses financial support for traveling preachers and teachers. Gaius, to whom the letter was written, was commended for his faithful hospitality and support of these early traveling evangelists and itinerant teachers of the Word. The “Gentiles” or “pagans” mentioned in verse 7 were unbelievers who followed the pagan religions and worshiped the Greek and Roman gods. It was very important that the traveling evangelists not solicit or receive any money from pagan people, lest there be confusion about the freesalvation that was being offered in Christ. It was therefore very important for believers to supply the financial needs of the traveling servants of the Lord, so they could continue to teach and preach the gospel without having to worry about finances.
The application of 3 John 6-8 today is pretty straight-forward. The more common ground that exists between the “then” and the “now”, the more we are on safe hermeneutical grounds to move from principle to precept. For example, 3 John 6-8 should obviously be followed as a precept if a Christian ministry is offered funds from a pagan religious source! It would certainly be unbiblical for a Christian ministry to accept any kind of financial support from a Hindu or Buddhist source, because of the close parallel with 3 John 6-8. On the other hand, a Christian college might consider that 3 John 6-8 allows it to accept a grant from a secular source in some cases, and with great caution! In this case, it could be argued that the principles found in 3 John 6-8 would be followed by avoiding binding agreements, or deals with “strings attached,” or any “gift” that would taint the reputation of the Christian college.

exerpt from:
https://www.growingchristians.org/devotions/precept-or-principle/

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said
Luke 12: Much is required from the person to whom much is given; much more is required from the person to whom much more is given.

god-blessing.jpg

By following His principles is to prepare to recieve His blessings and in turn to be a blessing to others

Proverbs 3

:1
do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart

obedience comes about in knowing His word.

:2
prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.

as the result

:3
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Integrity that builds up relationships with God and mankind

:4
you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.”

as the result

:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Lean on Him in the good times and the bad

:6
he will make your paths straight.

as the result

:7
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.

Discernment to turn away from idols toward God

:8
this will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones

as the result

:9
Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops

Give to God the best of your time, talents, money to support His cause and to honor Him

:10
your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

as the result

He is worthy of our attitute of gratitute. Show forth His love in loving others.

Have a blessed day!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you,
He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies
through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Greek
2227. zoopoieo -- to make alive
... zoopoieo Phonetic Spelling: (dzo-op-oy-eh'-o) Short Definition: I make to live
Definition: I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken. ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/2227.htm - 8k
4806. suzoopoieo -- to make alive together with
... make alive together with. From sun and zoopoieo; to reanimate conjointly with
(figuratively) -- quicken together with. see GREEK sun. see GREEK zoopoieo. ...
//strongsnumbers.com/greek2/4806.htm - 6k

Strong's Hebrew
2421. chayah -- to live
... to revive -- keep (leave, make) alive, X certainly, give (promise) life, (let, suffer
to) live, nourish up, preserve (alive), quicken, recover, repair, restore ...
/hebrew/2421.htm - 6k
1 Cor 3:16
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
1 Cor 15:36
The Resurrection Body
35But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?"
36You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies;
37and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else.…
Grace in the soul is its new nature; the soul is alive to God, what can a worldly life compare to this noble prize of our high calling? Regeneration by the Holy Spirit brings a new and Divine life to the soul, though in a feeble state. And the sons of God have the Spirit to work in them the disposition of children; they have not the spirit of bondage, which the Old Testament church was under, before the Spirit of adoption was plentifully poured out. Many speak peace to themselves, to whom God does not speak peace. But those who are sanctified, have God's Spirit witnessing with their spirits, in and by his speaking peace to the soul shall be quickened in their mortal bodies at the second comimg of the Lord.
John 14:18
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19"After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. 20"In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.…
Your bodies are not exempt from the death which sin brought in; but your spirits even now have in them an undying life, and if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, even these bodies of yours, though they yield to the last enemy and the dust of them return to the dust as it was, shall yet experience the same resurrection as that of their living Head, in virtue of the indwelling of same Spirit in you that quickened Him. Yet in that which is made alive now the sense is, that under the gospel, by the influence of the Spirit,is made alive and recovered to the service of God by the Spirit that dwells in us, because that Spirit has restored life to our souls, abides with us with his purifying influence, and because the design and tendency of his indwelling is to purify the entire man, and restore all (body, soul and spirit) to God. Christians thus in their bodies and their spirits become sacred. For even their body, the seat of evil passions and desires, shall become alive in the service of God.

How much does this view of what He has in store for us prompt us to co-operate with the Holy Spirit in crucifying the flesh ?

By his Spirit that dwelleth in you:
If you are sanctified by the Spirit, you shall be raised up by the Spirit also, as Christ was. The wicked also shall be raised at the last day. But the righteous shall be raised after a peculiar manner; they shall be raised, as by the almighty power of God, so by virtue of their union with Christ as his members, and by virtue of their relation to the Spirit as his temples. They only shall partake of a resurrection that is desirable and beneficial to them. Therefore it is called emphatically the resurrection of the just, and these two are joined together, as belonging one to the other; the children of God, and the children of the resurrection,

(a compilation of many commentaries on the subject)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The old covenant was God speaking thru prophets and in various other ways
in the new covanent He speaks to us in the Son.
Jesus is God's final prophet
He is the priest in the order of Melchezadec,
the King of kings and Lord of lords.
He paid the price to obtain the Kingdom for those who trust in His finished work.
The chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His possession,
so that we may proclaim the praises of the One who called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Praise and glory to you forever from thankful hearts :amen:

Revelation-1-6-A-Kingdom-of-Priests-gold-copy.jpg

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world,
what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her.

WHY?

Let's look closer at what was happening in Bethany on that day. (Matthew 26:6-13)

Jesus was with the disciples when a woman came to Him and poured an alabaster flask of very costly fragrant oil on His head as He sat at the table. When His disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, “Why this waste? For this fragrant oil might have been sold for much and given to the poor.”

Those indignant disciples were very concerned for the cause. But Jesus had no cause, He knew that the poor would always be amongst them, so why trouble the woman for not rallying to their cause?

The good work for Him was done just for Him, no ties to causes but specifically to her personal relationship with Him that intuitively knew what He needed.
alabaster-hebron.jpg

In similar fashion Mary was praised over the busyness of Martha when she sat at His feet with the other disciples to learn of Him.
Luke 10:40-42
40 But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; 42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”
Where Christ is, there we are also, being for Him, in attendance to Him, not somewhere doing what is of the cause according to preconcieved ideas that are not of God. God has what is best in mind for all of us.

Our dedication is recognised by whether it is focused on His person or if it's focused on a cause. Is it speaking of Christ or the cause? Generally a dead giveaway as to the commitment.
jesus_mary_martha.jpg

Upvote 0