Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've noticed when posting that there are Similar Threads at the bottom. Some of these threads are from 2005. This makes it too easy to necro-post on old threads where most if not all of the people involved are no longer here, and also when the rules were different. Rules have changed in various subforums over the years, and increasing the visibility of those threads is likely to confuse newer people as to what is currently acceptable, and even to kick up some old drama which no longer needs to be rehashed. Furthermore, the people who post questions now are going to be different people in different circumstances which will require different nuances, especially with how the Internet and society itself has changed in the last 17 years. Can there be some kind of a cutoff date for threads that this feature will unearth? Could all threads that haven't had a response in X days, weeks, or months be automatically closed?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've noticed when posting that there are Similar Threads at the bottom. Some of these threads are from 2005. This makes it too easy to necro-post on old threads where most if not all of the people involved are no longer here, and also when the rules were different. Rules have changed in various subforums over the years, and increasing the visibility of those threads is likely to confuse newer people as to what is currently acceptable, and even to kick up some old drama which no longer needs to be rehashed. Furthermore, the people who post questions now are going to be different people in different circumstances which will require different nuances, especially with how the Internet and society itself has changed in the last 17 years. Can there be some kind of a cutoff date for threads that this feature will unearth? Could all threads that haven't had a response in X days, weeks, or months be automatically closed?
I agree. Just eliminate the similar threads feature.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you trying to end my fun? :p

I think the feature should stay, but that it needs to show more recent threads from 2022, rather than 2005. 2022 threads should come up first, reverse the chronological order.

Upvote 0

doughtz

Owner of christianforums.com
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2022
San Diego
Visit site
✟110,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are you trying to end my fun? :p

I think the feature should stay, but that it needs to show more recent threads from 2022, rather than 2005. 2022 threads should come up first, reverse the chronological order.
We will likely add it back once we get it working properly.

Upvote 0