• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Silly Question But I Need a Little Clarification…

amaui

Forever a Child of God
Jun 25, 2012
Florida
✟15,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes pretty much. I used to feel as though if i kept letting the thoughts come back, i would go to hell if i let them run wild in my mind. And i felt bad when i did.

But i started to ignore the thoughts and pray instead and this really helped. When i had a bad spike, i prayed a short pray that He would take the thoughts away. After about 2 weeks of diligence (not saying this was fun) my ocd came to a hault and now id almost non existent. God delivered me and he will do this to you as well if you keep your faith and hope high. Diligently pray for your healing. Christ took all diseases to the cross with Him so that we might be free of them. Trust that. Trust him.

So yes discredit them. The ocd thoughts are lies. LIES.And they bring unessasary guilt and anxiety. Ignore them, laugh at them for as many weeks you need to until you find yourself dilivered. This isnt time to settle with ocd. This is the time to be free of it. You dont have to live with it. Thats a lie form the pits of hell. Something that also helped me during a spike was to turn on soothing music on my headphones and relax when i felt condemnation. Ignoring them and laughing at them or telling yourself they are sily and stupid thoughts might be hard at first but keep at it. You wont go to hell for any thoughts if you are Christian. You just cant. And this should be good news.

Pray frequently because no one can heal you except the Lord God Almighty.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

amaui

Forever a Child of God
Jun 25, 2012
Florida
✟15,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes pretty much. I used to feel as though if i kept letting the thoughts come back, i would go to hell if i let them run wild in my mind. And i felt bad when i did.

i was wrong..

But i started to ignore the thoughts and pray instead and this really helped. When i had a bad spike, i prayed a short pray that He would take the thoughts away. After about 2 weeks of diligence (not saying this was fun) my ocd came to a hault and now id almost non existent. God delivered me and he will do this to you as well if you keep your faith and hope high. Diligently pray for your healing. Christ took all diseases to the cross with Him so that we might be free of them. Trust that. Trust him.

So yes discredit them. The ocd thoughts are lies. LIES.And they bring unessasary guilt and anxiety. Ignore them, laugh at them for as many weeks you need to until you find yourself dilivered. This isnt time to settle with ocd. This is the time to be free of it. You dont have to live with it. Thats a lie form the pits of hell. Something that also helped me during a spike was to turn on soothing music on my headphones and relax when i felt condemnation. Ignoring them and laughing at them or telling yourself they are sily and stupid thoughts might be hard at first but keep at it. You wont go to hell for any thoughts if you are Christian. You just cant. And this should be good news.

Pray frequently because no one can heal you except the Lord God Almighty.

God bless you.

Upvote 0