Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This quenching of the Spirit going on in California using the threat of COVID as justification will not stand in Jesus' name! Pray with me that God fulfills his promise in Psalm 91 for those who call upon Him, to those who will continue to lift their voices in praise to Him. They WILL be protected from the virus, and they WILL NOT be transmitters of the virus. Pray also that the ACLJ lawsuit against the state will be effective. And finally, pray for those evildoers and God-haters at the core of such laws that restrict the rights of religious freedom. Pray they will see the Light of Christ and will humble themselves before Him to receive salvation. We always pray in the name of Christ, for the Father's Glory. Amen.

Ron Larson

UFFC - Ultimate Fighter for Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2020
Broken Arrow
Visit site
✟58,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
loveoforlord It sounds like you have been hurt by 'church', but I didn't pray anything about churches. I do pray you will find healing and forgiveness for those who wronged you. RaymondG, I neither prayed for anyone to be healed or for any buildings to re-open. It wasn't MY prayer, it was given by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Larson

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2020
Broken Arrow
Visit site
✟58,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fhlsmiley5.jpg

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)Pray with me that God fulfills his promise in Psalm 91 for those who call upon Him, to those who will continue to lift their voices in praise to Him. They WILL be protected from the virus, and they WILL NOT be transmitters of the virus. (snip)
Matthew 4: 5-7 said:
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
if Jesus didn't do dangerous things to "show the world God protects us!" I think His Church should follow His example and do likewise. :wave:
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Ron Larson

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2020
Broken Arrow
Visit site
✟58,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if Jesus didn't do dangerous things to "show the world God protects us!" I think His Church should follow His example and do likewise. :wave:
tulc(just a thought)

What did Jesus do? He said not to tempt God. It wasn't He who put himself up there.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did Jesus do? He said not to tempt God. It wasn't He who put himself up there.
But once He was up there He didn't do the dangerous thing, right? Think of the pandemic as the tower and the singing as you being tempted to step off. Jesus wouldn't do it then, neither should His Church do it today. :wave:
tulc(thinks it seems pretty obvious)

Upvote 0

Ron Larson

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2020
Broken Arrow
Visit site
✟58,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But once He was up there He didn't do the dangerous thing, right? Think of the pandemic as the tower and the singing as you being tempted to step off. Jesus wouldn't do it then, neither should His Church do it today. :wave:
tulc(thinks it seems pretty obvious)

An ordinance, requirement, et al ad nauseam is something that is meant to be obeyed and probably covered by Romans 13, however we do have freedom in Christ. I agree, and if I must err, I always err on the side of caution myself. So yes, I agree to a point. I mean, why couldn't they wear masks and sing? But the prayer did not advocate for civil disobedience, or for the rights of churches, or for the opening-closing- or re-opening of churches, it advocated for prayer to protect and prayer to maintain religious freedoms. And that seems pretty obvious to me, but apparently not to anyone else. haha

ALM Agape Love Matters

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And as He approached the descent from the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of disciples began to praise God joyfully in a loud voice for all the miracles they had seen: “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!”

“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

But some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples!”

“I tell you,” He answered, “if they remain silent, the very stones will cry out.”
(Luke 19:37-40)

• Friendly
Reactions: Ron Larson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And as He approached the descent from the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of disciples began to praise God joyfully in a loud voice for all the miracles they had seen: “Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!”

“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

But some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples!”

“I tell you,” He answered, “if they remain silent, the very stones will cry out.”
(Luke 19:37-40)
huh...singing stones...now that would be quite a witness. :wave:
tulc(and no covid spreading!) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
huh...singing stones...now that would be quite a witness. :wave:
tulc(and no covid spreading!) :oldthumbsup:
I think if worship becomes scarce enough for the stones to take up the cause, then we can expect a lot worse than Covid.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
15_71.jpg

This quenching of the Spirit going on in California using the threat of COVID as justification will not stand in Jesus' name! Pray with me that God fulfills his promise in Psalm 91 for those who call upon Him, to those who will continue to lift their voices in praise to Him. They WILL be protected from the virus, and they WILL NOT be transmitters of the virus. Pray also that the ACLJ lawsuit against the state will be effective. And finally, pray for those evildoers and God-haters at the core of such laws that restrict the rights of religious freedom. Pray they will see the Light of Christ and will humble themselves before Him to receive salvation. We always pray in the name of Christ, for the Father's Glory. Amen.

Upvote 0