Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We usually know God’s lessons in hindsight, after we have endured the lesson.
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12)
So, if I am not sure what God is teaching me or if, in fact, He is even teaching me, I will keep my insurance. I am not about to try to second-guess God.

~Jim

If the first step in an argument is wrong everything that follows is wrong.

~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just curious from reading another thread about PHIA and Health Insuracne:

Thost who believe Sickness is Gods Will, do you have health insurance?
If so would you be fighting Gods will? Please explain I don't understand?
if brother pinetree could just please say a word to you two pastors..

The problem many have,with the "all should be healed" doctrine is..we all see all are not healed..Fair to say?

So then whos fault is it..we cant say its Gods fault..so where does the blame and guilt fall..the poor sick saint!

Because he is made to feel if he only had more faith he would be better!

But since God gives faith,how can I get more..unless he imparts it..who wouldn't want more?:)

Then their is ~Jim...whom we all love..

To Jim,many would say...there are many healings being done,By God,through the "faith people"!

Maybe they are faith gifted..and have seen many a miracle,
and Have scriptures too! Can they be all wrong?..NO!:)

They have doctrine too...

After all,cant folks say..Jesus rebuked the desciples for not having enough faith..

Yet then..how did they get the faith?

They said.."Lord,increase our faith"

To me..that shows God does it ,the increasing.:clap:

Reactions: youthwalk
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The problem many have,with the "all should be healed" doctrine is..we all see all are not healed..Fair to say?

So then whos fault is it..we cant say its Gods fault..so where does the blame and guilt fall..the poor sick saint!

But since God gives faith,how can I get more..unless he imparts it..who wouldn't want more?:)

Then their is ~Jim...whom we all love..

To Jim,many would say...there are many healings being done,By God,through the "faith people"!

Maybe they are faith gifted..and have seen many a miracle,
and Have scriptures too! Can they be all wrong?..NO!:)

They have doctrine too...

After all,cant folks say..Jesus rebuked the desciples for not having enough faith..

Yet then..how did they get the faith?

They said.."Lord,increase our faith"

To me..that shows God does it ,the increasing.:clap:

Fair enough.

But when the disciples said, “increase our faith,” Jesus told them, rather than increase their faith, just use what faith they had.
5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Show us how to increase our faith.”
6 The Lord answered, “If you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘May you be uprooted and thrown into the sea,’ and it would obey you!” (Luke 17)
According to Jesus, we already have all the faith we need.

~Jim

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
We usually know God’s lessons in hindsight, after we have endured the lesson.
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12)
So, if I am not sure what God is teaching me or if, in fact, He is even teaching me, I will keep my insurance. I am not about to try to second-guess God.

~Jim

If the first step in an argument is wrong everything that follows is wrong.

~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

I thought He said that His sheep hear His voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow?

Are you saying that His sheep don't hear His voice? And because they don't hear His voice they need insurance?
  • is that called voice insurance(lol)?^_^
  • or would it be I hope I was taught right insurance?^_^

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Importunity,

If someone really believes they are ill because God wants them to be, for whatever reason, they would be in sin by going to the doctor. At best, if a doctor made them well, they would not learn the lesson God wanted to teach them.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

I believe you are talking about Romans 12 when saying God gives faith. The context of that scripture is that He gives faith for the calling you have. If prophesy then you have faith for that. If He gave you faith for prophesy but you say no I am going to be a pastor, then God did not give you that measure of faith. The measure of faith it is talking about is the measure given for the gift He gave you (CONTEXT).

I don't believe it is always a lack of faith why people don't get healed, as a matter of fact I believe if you have enough faith to be saved you have enough faith to be healed. Most of the time it is how much faith you have, it's usually what you do with what you have.

In bilbe College the Devil doesn't care if you have A's or F's. It's all in using what you have. An F student can rock this world for God, just as well as an A student. Use what you have for the kingdom of God and let God do the rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What exactly does that mean?
I think he is just trying his hand at sarcasm.

Pretty lame, huh?

~Jim

It has taken me all my life to understand that I don’t have to understand everything.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics