• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Sometimes I worry that I was given signs from God that I am too bad to be saved. They are like a stumbling block in front of me. How can I know that these signs were not from God? I keep focusing on these signs instead of God's word. These signs have made me feel like I'm not saved by Jesus. I hear a voice in my head that says that these signs were from the devil. I often argue with this voice though, thinking they are from God. How can I tell whether a sign is from God or from the devil?

Thank you,

SnowTiger

Llleopard

Jun 5, 2018
Hawkes Bay New Zealand
✟135,529.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all have to test our thoughts to see if they're from God, or something we heard, or made up. Some things to consider....
Does what you hear line up with the Bible?
Will it make you more Christ like?
Do your mature Christian trusted friends confirm it?
Is it consistent with what God would like for your life?
Is it a word specific to you?
Is it convicting, but not condemning?
Do I feel God's peace about it?

If it fails on any one of those, what you are thinking is not Godly. But that does mean you gotta read the Word and pray so you can tell the difference.

• Winner
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I worry that I was given signs from God that I am too bad to be saved

What you are really saying is that you are more sinful then Jesus is Holy and perfect.
Is that really true? That Jesus's perfect Holiness is not able to deal with the sins of every person who has ever lived or will ever live and your sins.

Are you really such a great sinner?

Jesus came to save you and also Lilepard and me and everyone else. He came because he knew what you and the rest of us were like. Dispute knowing this he came to save you and us All.

No one can snatch you out of Jesus's hand, not the devil not you, not your mental illness.
Yes you have to show your love for Jesus by your obedience to Jesus's commands but you are safe in him forever.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16
God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that all who believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.

And that means you,
Jesus loves you

Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Sometimes I worry that I was given signs from God that I am too bad to be saved. They are like a stumbling block in front of me. How can I know that these signs were not from God? I keep focusing on these signs instead of God's word. These signs have made me feel like I'm not saved by Jesus. I hear a voice in my head that says that these signs were from the devil. I often argue with this voice though, thinking they are from God. How can I tell whether a sign is from God or from the devil?

Thank you,

SnowTiger
Hey SnowTiger,
I'm sorry you're going through this. I understand and can empathise as I too have gone through similar experiences. I'm learning not to depend on dreams and signs too much to confirm my salvation and right standing with God. I'm learning to trust what the Word says about God and from what I could see about Jesus is He forgave everyone who wanted forgiveness. Jesus came to display the love of the Heavenly Father and even He forgave Manasseh for his terrible sins living in the Old Covenant days. I often contemplate why would God have such terrible punishment for people back then and for this reason sometimes I get scared because of my own personal failures. But the Heavenly Father always forgave a truly repentant sinner from all that I can recall. I can't recall a single instance He didnt forgive a repentant person.
I've read some of these webpages and they have been helpful for me. This website has alot of good information. Have a look!
Rejected by God? Feeling damned or second rate in God's sight: Hope when it seems hopeless

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

I've been having trouble with believing in signs again. For some reason I keep thinking something terrible will happen to me and if I could figure out the signs then I would know what the future holds. Lately I've been paranoid about dying a certain way. I keep thinking that I know the future and it is bad. I want to believe Jesus loves me, but these signs were clearly hateful. These signs make me feel terrible. I keep thinking that they are from God and if they weren't from God then God would give me a good sign so I would know that the bad signs weren't from him.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who wrote me nice responses in this thread.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

• Prayers
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These signs fill me with fear about the future and make me feel like a terrible person. The nice voice in my head says that they are from the devil, but I keep thinking the are from God. Anyway they are ruining my life.

I keep trying to put the signs together. I used to be afraid of going to school. Now I'm afraid of taking a plane trip. I think the signs told me that I will die in a plane crash, so now I'm really afraid of taking a plane trip. I really want to take the trip, but I'm afraid I will die that way due to these signs I got.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi,

Thank you,

SnowTiger

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You ask it "
Hi,

Thank you,

SnowTiger

You ask the spirit " Who is your Lord and Master." Then you tell it to confess that Jesus Christ came to earth in the flesh. If you get past one, and it does not start personally attacking you on number 2, you have no worries. Tell me what happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@SnowTiger I am very aware of my sin too. But it’s a fine line between being aware and putting yourself down. Don’t put yourself down the Lord tells me. Sure we are sinful but you are no worse then anyone else. Repent be forgiven and go onward.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are right the signs are from fear that accidentally gets out of hand. Can you tell us what the signs are?

Most of the signs that freak me out are writings I found around my house. Like on the refrigerator one day I came home and I found "You go... Down." So I started thinking recently that that meant I will fall to the earth on a plane. I also found "This is the height you died at" where I used to measure my height on the wall at home. So this makes me think something bad about heights. I'm not totally sure that that is what the messages mean though. Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Most of the signs that freak me out are writings I found around my house. Like on the refrigerator one day I came home and I found "You go... Down." So I started thinking recently that that meant I will fall to the earth on a plane. I also found "This is the height you died at" where I used to measure my height on the wall at home. So this makes me think something bad about heights. I'm not totally sure that that is what the messages mean though. Thank you for your help.
Who wrote the messages? That is interesting. Do you have a formal diagnosis? Your house isn't haunted is it? You know what I mean. Like is something working through you or no you not know?Is all of your time accounted for?

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who wrote the messages? That is interesting. Do you have a formal diagnosis? Your house isn't haunted is it? You know what I mean. Like is something working through you or no you not know?Is all of your time accounted for?

I'm convinced it was a spirit that wrote the messages, either God or the devil or something. My diagnosis is Schizophrenia. I'm not sure about the house being haunted. I didn't write the messages myself. They just appeared one day when I got home and I found them.

One of the voices I hear in my head says they are from the devil, but I am really afraid they are from God.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm convinced it was a spirit that wrote the messages, either God or the devil or something. My diagnosis is Schizophrenia. I'm not sure about the house being haunted. I didn't write the messages myself. They just appeared one day when I got home and I found them.

One of the voices I hear in my head says they are from the devil, but I am really afraid they are from God.
Why? God would never claim to be him. And you know that God stopped speaking to us a long time ago and if He does speak to us, it is very faint and hard to hear because of our sin. Ask the spirit to confess Jesus came to earth as the Son of God. If it refuses and gets angry you have your answer. Ask God to cover you in the Blood of Jesus. Do you hear this spirit 24/7? Whose voice does he speak in and what does it say? The devil can quote scripture and is very intelligent. Like scary intelligent as he was given secrets of the world and universe as an Archangel. I would doubt it is the devil himself but could be a demon. Do you have visual hallucinations? If so how often and on a scale of 1 to 10 how severe would you say your condition is? Do you hear voices in your dreams? Sorry for all the questions, but I just care and do not want you to feel like you are in this alone.

Reactions: BookofMatt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why? God would never claim to be him. And you know that God stopped speaking to us a long time ago and if He does speak to us, it is very faint and hard to hear because of our sin. Ask the spirit to confess Jesus came to earth as the Son of God. If it refuses and gets angry you have your answer. Ask God to cover you in the Blood of Jesus. Do you hear this spirit 24/7? Whose voice does he speak in and what does it say? The devil can quote scripture and is very intelligent. Like scary intelligent as he was given secrets of the world and universe as an Archangel. I would doubt it is the devil himself but could be a demon. Do you have visual hallucinations? If so how often and on a scale of 1 to 10 how severe would you say your condition is? Do you hear voices in your dreams? Sorry for all the questions, but I just care and do not want you to feel like you are in this alone.

No, I mean that the written messages I found around the house may be from God, not the voices.

I only hear the voices when I'm awake. When I'm asleep I do not hear them. The evil voice talks about my sins and says I'm going to hell. I don't really have visual hallucinations but sometimes I see written messages written into things.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I mean that the written messages I found around the house may be from God, not the voices.

I only hear the voices when I'm awake. When I'm asleep I do not hear them. The evil voice talks about my sins and says I'm going to hell. I don't really have visual hallucinations but sometimes I see written messages written into things.
That is odd. It sounds like demonic oppression almost. I have never heard of God writing people messages before but there was a court case where a Governor tried to sue God in court. The paperwork for the case disappeared the day before court and the next day the paperwork appeared stating that the court " lacked jurisdiction" over God and it was signed " God" and signed by a witness named " Michael". True story as reported by CBS. See it here
"God" Responds To Lawsuit: No Jurisdiction - CBS News

I always thought that was interesting. But there have been cases of notes being left by demons like in the Annabel doll case. Thank God you do not hear it in your dreams. That is odd isn't it? Are you able to tell that you are just dreaming because the voice is absent? Have you ever had any demonic dreams? They are powerful and terrifying. I have had them. Do you remember how it felt to not be schizophrenic or have you always heard voices? I know that demons cannot torment you over your confessed sins to God. Once forgiven they are taken away. Do you ever argue with the voice? Does it seem to have its own mind?

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@SnowTiger I don’t believe any thing like that because it is triggering. Then my imagination takes over and I have a fear reaction. It just happens because you are you. Don’t believe it take it captive and go on. 2cor10:3-5. And fight it anyway you know how. As soon as it makes you afraid, forget about it.
Nothing is going to tell you how you are going to die and you can’t do anything about it. It’s your mind and the devil is tempting you to be afraid. That’s all he can do is tempt you.
If you take your unwanted thoughts captive long enough you will have confidence. You probably have lots of thoughts to take captive like me. If you do they can’t harm you. The flow of your thoughts will then continue without harming you.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is odd. It sounds like demonic oppression almost. I have never heard of God writing people messages before but there was a court case where a Governor tried to sue God in court. The paperwork for the case disappeared the day before court and the next day the paperwork appeared stating that the court " lacked jurisdiction" over God and it was signed " God" and signed by a witness named " Michael". True story as reported by CBS. See it here
"God" Responds To Lawsuit: No Jurisdiction - CBS News

I always thought that was interesting. But there have been cases of notes being left by demons like in the Annabel doll case. Thank God you do not hear it in your dreams. That is odd isn't it? Are you able to tell that you are just dreaming because the voice is absent? Have you ever had any demonic dreams? They are powerful and terrifying. I have had them. Do you remember how it felt to not be schizophrenic or have you always heard voices? I know that demons cannot torment you over your confessed sins to God. Once forgiven they are taken away. Do you ever argue with the voice? Does it seem to have its own mind?

I don't usually know it's a dream until I wake up. I get lots of nightmares. One of my most common nightmares is dreaming that I'm in school again and I can't remember any of the answers on an exam. I dream that dream all the time. I have scarier dreams too, but I don't like to talk about those.

I keep wishing that God would give me a positive sign telling me he still loves me. I keep thinking he hates me due to the signs I received. Everyone says God loves me, but I keep thinking of the signs I've been given and I start to think that he hates me.

I just feel like if God loved me he would give me some sort of sign so that I would know these other negative signs are from the devil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't usually know it's a dream until I wake up. I get lots of nightmares. One of my most common nightmares is dreaming that I'm in school again and I can't remember any of the answers on an exam. I dream that dream all the time. I have scarier dreams too, but I don't like to talk about those.

I keep wishing that God would give me a positive sign telling me he still loves me. I keep thinking he hates me due to the signs I received. Everyone says God loves me, but I keep thinking of the signs I've been given and I start to think that he hates me.

I just feel like if God loved me he would give me some sort of sign so that I would know these other negative signs are from the devil.
Any negative signs are always of the devil because God is nothing but love. What kind of sign do you need? You have good health, food to eat, and clothes to wear. You are not in prison, in the hospital, being molested or held hostage and even if you were God would STILL love you. You have many blessings that should not be taken for granted. Watch this testimony

Upvote 0