Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_Cathol

Ego Sum Servus Iesu Christi - I am an exile.
May 17, 2004
Alberton
Visit site
✟17,424.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Steph said:
God answers prayers in any way... :)

Agreed...
sometimes the "sign" is silence...

sometimes He speaks through someone else... esp. Clergy...

Sometimes. He sends a visible sign... good or bad (loss or gain of a job)

The point is, God works in mysterious and wonderous ways...

we should ask for the wisdom to understand what He wants us to do.

Upvote 0

Seek Ye First

Senior Veteran
Dec 19, 2004
✟18,367.00
Faith
Catholic
ejgsmalls said:
Do you think that God answers prayers through signs? And if you do/He does, what kind of signs are they? Just wondering...thanks...

God Bless and Bless God,
~Mary

Sometimes when we think prayers are unanswered and we continue to encounter hardship, it is often the answer to our prayers that God would remould us into His image to let us reach the goal of glory. If there was an easier way to this goal, God would chose it for us.

Prayers are always answered.:)

Upvote 0

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ejgsmalls said:
Do you think that God answers prayers through signs? And if you do/He does, what kind of signs are they? Just wondering...thanks...

God Bless and Bless God,
~Mary
Yes, God does answer with signs, sometimes because of his own initiative and sometimes because of our asking. I can't tell you how many times I have received signs from God confirming my journey to Catholicism as God's will. One of which was when I was depressed over not knowing if I was making the right decision and a freind (non_Catholic I might add) gave me a Mircaulous Medal, not knowing at all that I was struggling with my faith.

Upvote 0

Sacha Saint Francis

Disillusioned
Jul 13, 2004
Vancouver
✟1,111.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upon_This_Rock said:
Yes, God does answer with signs, sometimes because of his own initiative and sometimes because of our asking. I can't tell you how many times I have received signs from God confirming my journey to Catholicism as God's will. One of which was when I was depressed over not knowing if I was making the right decision and a freind (non_Catholic I might add) gave me a Mircaulous Medal, not knowing at all that I was struggling with my faith.

Oh how wonderfull!!! :clap: Praise be to God! Thanks for sharing that!!!

I agree with what everyone else has said, that you can ask yes, but whether or not He gives you the sign you ask for is in His Hands. Aaah, those beautiful, wounded Hands.

I must say, don't you just LOVE it when He gives you something, like a little pressent, like Upon_This_Rock's Miraculous Medal, when you haven't even asked for it? And then you just KNOW who it's from! And it just totally freaks your bean to realise how well He knows you!!! :bow:

Like the other day I bought something for a friend of mine, and mailed it to South Africa. It was a Christmas ornament that I've always admired and wanted for myself, it's of the red-clad Santa Claus bowing down, hat in hand, before the manger with the infant Jesus. To me, this is just the most beautiful expression of what Christmas SHOULD be. Anyhoo, so for years I've wanted that image on an ornament or something, but never actually got it for myself, just for other people. Last week I was saying to my hubby how I would love to have just such a thing to hang on the door of our apartment instead of a wreath.

Then two days ago, I popped into the Salvation Army Thrift store, to look for baby clothers for our upcoming arrival, when I came accross THIS EXACT IMAGE on a wall hanging!!! It was like the heavens broke open with angelic choirs singing and light streaming in through the window onto the wall hanging! (OK, that music & light part was in my head:blush: ) And to top it all off, to put on that personal Jesus touch, the image was embroydered in dainty cross stitch! Cross stitch being my all time favourite hobby! :clap:

My hubby couldn't believe it when he came home and saw it hanging on our door, and I told him where I'd got it!

I love these kinds of signs that He gives to us! :bow: He's so gentle and caring... and just full of romantic surprises... the perfect spouse.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.