Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BonoMan said:
Well tolerance is a mark of an evolving society
lawlessness is rapidly increasing peoples values have changed and homosexuality has been accepted as an alternative lifestyle even within some churches. There is no doubt that some end time prophecy is being fulfilled.

Do you agree?

http://members.aol.com/portents2/prophecy.html

Yes, I agree. But I also think that God's timetable is not our own. It may be years and years of a gradual decline of morality before Jesus returns.

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
BonoMan said:
Well tolerance is a mark of an evolving society
lawlessness is rapidly increasing peoples values have changed and homosexuality has been accepted as an alternative lifestyle even within some churches. There is no doubt that some end time prophecy is being fulfilled.

Do you agree?

http://members.aol.com/portents2/prophecy.html

would you rather go back to a time where we don't accept women and blacks as equals?

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey if you can't reason with em, you can always try to frighten them with Armagedon, Divine Retribution, Fire and Brimstone. Eternal damnation for those who don't believe as I believe, just like it says in the good book! I know it sounds silly, but sometimes Christians actually come across that way. What type of God would think Spiritual Coersion was a good thing? :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Selznak

No King But Jesus
Jul 6, 2003
Nevada
✟17,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
SqueezetheShaman said:
would you rather go back to a time where we don't accept women and blacks as equals?

Frankly, that's a silly reply that really has little to do with the concerns that BonoMan has raised in his post. Some things have changed for the better (i.e. attitudes concerning the social equality of women and blacks) while others have worsened considerably.

Upvote 0

Skywarp

Aug 4, 2003
✟360.00
MadJack said:
Frankly, that's a silly reply that really has little to do with the concerns that BonoMan has raised in his post. Some things have changed for the better (i.e. attitudes concerning the social equality of women and blacks) while others have worsened considerably.

I think the point that was being made was that past social conversatives were using the recent civil rights successes of women and blacks as proof that the end was near.

In other words, it's the same old song. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Volos

Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted By: madjack
Originally Posted By: SqueezetheShaman

Actually her comments were right on target. BonoMan is implying that universal civil rights is somehow bad and a harbinger of the end of the world.

More to the point is that today there are plenty of social conservatives using falsified information about gays and lesbians to promote intolerance and prejudice.

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
thank you skywarp and volos...
Whenever people talk about the "good ol days" they conveniently forget (or worse, they agree with the attitude) the oppression of women, black and religious minorities. I thought it was right on target too, why would anyone want to go back to that???

Upvote 0
I believe that acceptance of homosexuality is a sign of the last days. We are seeing prophecies unfold and be fulfilled. That is why we need to live everyday as close to Jesus as we can. He said that no one knoweth the hour or time he will come back. His word says he will come back like a theif in the night. It is no coincidence that prophecies are coming to pass. It is frusterating to see all the skeptics still out there after all God (Jesus) the only true God has told in his word as well as the things that are happenning around us. We are definately witnessing a decline in morality and much other problems we are facing in our world right now.

Upvote 0