dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the best end time videos i have seen. It simply gives facts about where technology is, and where it is going. The whole video is youtube clips from science documentaries, and news programs, factual stuff that we need to be aware of because it represents the green leaves that let us know summer is nigh at hand.

That's a neat video (I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I started it). Can anyone think of any (biblical) technological signs that will accompany our Lord's return?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
They are all recorded in your Bible .... extra-biblical thoughts conjured up by men do not qualify unless measured and tested by scripture

Here are samples of what you are looking for .... read them carefully

[Luke 21:20-36; Revelation 1:1-8; 1:10-19; 4:1; 5:1-10; 6:12-17; 9:11; 16:1-16; 17:8-18]

Also know that the Lord's prophets are the only humans capable of predicting truthful future events .... and all has already been written

All other prophets are false prophets

It is the Lord who knows the end from the beginning of all things and He has conveyed them in His prophetic word [2 Peter 1:16-21]

And His prophets are all 100% correct with both what has come to pass .... and what is coming in the future

The balance of things unfulfilled are still pending at this time ... but will begin to come to pass exactly as written when He is ready [2 Peter 3]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only way to think that these events are not imminent is to have one's head in the sand and be in denial. Look at the events happening on the world scale and tell me that the judgment hand of God is not falling and that God is not displeased with the world. Smh. Pay attention my friend, wake up. Denial is useless. In any case, these things will become more evident in the next few months, but the thing is we are commanded to watch & pray, we need to be aware of things before they happen.
I entirely agree ,but then some cults ignore the bible

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Help me out....So you are saying Jesus did not mean "near" in earthly time in the above passage?

Seems pretty "unclear" if we are to apply your previous assertion that When God says something would be "near" it is not meant to be understood as near in earthly time...

You seem to be saying that in Matt 24:33, Jesus actually means "When you see these things, you will have no idea how far away in earthly time the end is."

Do I get that right?
Help me out....So you are saying Jesus did not mean "near" in earthly time in the above passage?

Seems pretty "unclear" if we are to apply your previous assertion that When God says something would be "near" it is not meant to be understood as near in earthly time...

You seem to be saying that in Matt 24:33, Jesus actually means "When you see these things, you will have no idea how far away in earthly time the end is."

Do I get that right?
It is true that evangelists and such have been seeing 'end times' for ages ,but at least their hearts are purer than those in your denomination,so sure of yourselves ,but beware
as pride comes before a fall .
Your deep cynicism is a sign that your heart is in the wrong place,as we say .
As for the signs of 'end times', yes, one should not spend all the time looking for them, neither should they be ignored ,as by people like you .As a Ex -catholic ,and now a Christian who is not blinded by the need for the material security of the RCC,but has faith in Christ alone, you are wrong entirely if you think that Matt 24 is in the past ,that it has been fulfilled .Certainly some things were near ,but so much is being repeated but on an international scale ,with modern tecnology and mass communication and the cming of Jesus is certainly not fulfilled .

Read Matt . 23 and take it to heart .

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a supplement to the OP, I wonder if anyone would care to start a list of the moral decline of America. I can bookend it starting with the legalization of abortion (not sure of the year), and the redefinition of Christian marriage (2015). Anyone want to get a list started?

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the best end time videos i have seen. It simply gives facts about where technology is, and where it is going. The whole video is youtube clips from science documentaries, and news programs, factual stuff that we need to be aware of because it represents the green leaves that let us know summer is nigh at hand.

This is scary.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"I wonder if anyone would care to start a list of the moral decline of America."

It might be easier to list any moral improvement .... a very short list if any

.... and it is not just America [Matthew 24:36-39]

This is the reason why I teach that MBG is the entire lost world today and that the "great city" [central hub of the same] is not just a false or apostate religion that many prophecy interpreters have assumed

Man's self styled governance began shortly after the flood at Babel .... from "city" .... to the "great city" of MBG

The USA is a candidate in my opinion and really the only population mixing of all nations [nationalities] that fits Revelation 18

If the USA were to be destroyed in one day just think of the devastating impact that this would have across the globe, the first event of the coming tribulation [Revelation 8:6-12; 14:8; 18]

Hence the rising of Satan's beast in the little horn of Daniel's visions and his followers who will thrive in the blade runner society that will ensue

However, the Lord has not given the dating of His next intervention to bring His judgment and things can change over time

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not nearly a complete list -- just off the top of my head. But it may provide incentive for someone to add to it. These are in no particular order (except the first & last):

Abortion legalized (1973)
Increase in inappropriate contentographic material
Increase in "soft" inappropriate contentographic material
Increase in the use of illegal drugs
Increase in illegal gun use
Prayer in school eliminated
Non-Christian displays (e.g., at Christmas) put up alongside the Christian one
Increase in transvestitism
Increase in sex changes
Increase in out-of-wedlock births
Increase in divorce
Teaching of "safe sex" in the public schools
Teaching of evolution in schools at the expense of Creationism
Breakup of the family
Overflowing of jails
Moral failures of religious leadership
Distancing the country from Israel
Increase of the national debt to $18T
Allowed burning of American flag
Society's acceptance of homosexual behavior
Redefinition of marriage (2015)

I'm sure there's plenty I haven't thought of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been reading this booklet from Living Waters titled "Noah and the Last Days: Noah's Ark, Evolution, and Scientific Facts in the Bible" (it's free), and it lists 10 signs of the last days. I figured I'd post them here as the start of a succinct list:

● The Scriptures tell us that there will be money-hungry Bible teachers who will slur the Christian faith and deceive many:
“. . . there will be false teachers among you . . . And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words . . .” (2 Peter 2:1–3).
● There will be wars, earthquakes, famines, and widespread disease:
“For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be
famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places”
(Matthew 24:7).
● The moon will become blood red:
“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD” (Acts 2:20).
● Blasphemy will become commonplace:
“. . . in the last days perilous times will come: for men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers . . .” (2 Timothy 3:1,2).
● There will be an increase in the acceptance of homosexuality as there was in the days of Sodom:
“Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot . . . but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed” (Luke 17:28–30).
● Religious hypocrisy will be prevalent:
“For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny and reject and are
strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]”

(2 Timothy 3:5, Amplified).
● People will deny that God created the heavens and that He judged the world through Noah’s flood:
“There shall come in the last days scoffers . . . for this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished” (2 Peter 3:3,5,6).
● The future will become frightening:
“. . . men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken” (Luke 21:26).
● Scoffers will mock the Second Coming by claiming these signs have always been around:
“. . . scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, ‘Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation’” (2 Peter 3:3,4).
● People will ignore the warning of the gospel:
“But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be” (Matthew 24:37–39).
From the first note of end times, until his return...which of these could not be said of every generation?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
My comment

All of them have been around for sure

So is there is any difference today?

These things are far more reaching and more in the open today because of the high integration of societies which tends to bring out the ever presence of evil in the human psyche .... like the global Internet connections

The cycle of human "civilization" seems to be that when great tragedy and human rebellion comes [like a world war], humans tend to pull in their claws in the aftermath and have a tendency to return to more absolutes and even a search for the true meaning of life

.... however this does not last long and there is always a return to the basic instinctive carnal behaviors that all humans possess

There have been short periods of revival related the Christian search for truth with some positive results, but not much considering the total population of the earth .... one thing different today .... no revival in sight .... and a very high level of apostasy residing in the professing "church"

It seems that when the glue of true Christianity dwindles, and there has never been very much, then the bulk of humanity goes off the charts

Just as the Lord has said that few will ever enter the narrow gate

He has set out an ensign to follow among the nations giving evidence of His hand in the game as He moves things forward to reach His objectives .... which are really the only things that will count at the end of the road [Isaiah 11]

But, other than that it is going to be all about .... who ya know

.... and this goes for any human on the planet

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of them have been around for sure

So is there is any difference today?
My point, was to say exactly that: NO, it is not different, increasing perhaps, but not different.

Next question: What does that do with the common definition of "end times?"

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"What does that do with the common definition of "end times?"

Nothing really .... the time is coming just as the scriptures tell

It is just that some have hyped up the idea for their own self serving ambitions even to the extent of making false predictions which will always fail

The Lord has the "end time" on hold until He is ready [2 Peter 3:8-9]

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
US Flag Code, §176. Respect for flag
Line (K):
The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display,
should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html
I don't think flag burning in protest while you're stomping on it counts.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
US Flag Code, §176. Respect for flag
Line (K):
The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display,
should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html

They are folded properly and put it in an incinerator much like one in a crematorium. They are pretty much treated like the bodies of the deceased.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"What does that do with the common definition of "end times?"

Nothing really .... the time is coming just as the scriptures tell

It is just that some have hyped up the idea for their own self serving ambitions even to the extent of making false predictions which will always fail

The Lord has the "end time" on hold until He is ready [2 Peter 3:8-9]
You have missed the point. If all of those signs of the times are present in "every generation", then "the time is [NOT] coming"...but has always been.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think flag burning in protest while you're stomping on it counts.

Correct. As long as you have pure, patriotic, pro american thoughts while you burn it, then burning it is a-ok.

Upvote 0