Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Should I answer a person that refuses to even comment on a simple request?
You've had no such refusal from me.
you forget that God destroyed the first civilization by a flood and this time He will use fire to destroy the godless unbelievers.

Genesis 8:21
And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.

Jesus said: WHEN you see these things, THEN you know the end is near.

And you say "near" is not to be understood by earthly time measurements.

We now see the budding of the fig tree; that is: Judah back in the Land. That's clear enough.
My previous reference to time being different to God, stands. Don't mix Matthew 24:33 with that truth.

Either Near is a human, earthly time measurement, or it isn't.
Please make up your mind one way or the other.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another thing I noticed is the picture above the name looks like a 666 to me. After I noticed that, I stopped responding.

That you elect to see that which is not there says more about you than it does me.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can ignore you, or address you anytime I want to do so on this forum, for which you can do nothing

True, you are Free to Lie in front of God and everybody and I can only point it out to our readers. I can't stop you from doing it.

You said you put me on ignore, which if true, you would not be able to see my posts at all, and therefore would be unable to respond whether you wanted to or not.

Honesty is the best Policy Straight. Just sayin.

All I know is that anytime I say something that gets you to go back on your word and address me, I must be doing something right here.

When your preterism is defeated you then resort to personal attacks and this just proves out the folly of the false dogmas of your religious affiliation

Time is on the side of the Preterist, not the futurist. Always has been always will be.

But by all means, Keep up the failed predictions, Son.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No question about this .... accelerated, accentuated, and out of control
5932378073_why_is_yawning_contagious03_xlarge.jpeg

Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
I see that the expert scripture picker P is on the loose quoting Genesis 8:21

.... and I am ignoring him .... but will comment for the forum

The Lord says not every living thing .... but then He tells of truck loads of destruction to come

We do know that P's affiliated religious movement does not like the Lord's book of Revelation .... for many spurious reasons

This is most likely why P has ignored

Revelation
6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see that the expert scripture picker P is on the loose quoting Genesis 8:21

.... and I am ignoring him .... but will comment for the forum

Which means I win.

The Lord says not every living thing .... but then He tells of truck loads of destruction to come

Explain to the forum how every living thing perished in the flood please.
This should be good.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which means I win.

Explain how every living thing perished in the flood please.
I really haven't been paying that much attention to the tit-for-tat going on between you and Straightshot, but when you read Gen 8:21 you have to read it with some common sense. He's clearly not literally meaning *every* living thing -- after all, He spared Noah et al. Reading in context helps keep the common sense intact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ask the Lord .... maybe He will tell you .... but I doubt it

You need to get a life P .... find something worthwhile to do

You are wasting your days with your game

As long as I can get you to respond, I have wasted nothing.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really haven't been paying that much attention to the tit-for-tat going on between you and Straightshot, but when you read Gen 8:21 you have to read it with some common sense. He's clearly not literally meaning *every* living thing -- after all, He spared Noah et al. Reading in context helps keep the common sense intact.

I totally agree dysert... tell it to Straight though... he is the one hanging his hat on that caveat

My point was that Genesis 8:21 God makes a promise to NEVER AGAIN CURSE THE GROUND OR DESTROY EVERY LIVING THING.

This is in direct opposition to the belief that God will destroy the earth sometime in our future.

God Said NEVER AGAIN. N E V E R A G A I N
I believe God can be trusted to keep His word. But that's just me.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"As long as I can get you to respond, I have wasted nothing."

A grave error on your part .... you are wasting away your credibility

Because I will check you when ever I do .... but only if I want

By By

You're a real hoot straight. I'm enjoying our banter immensely.
Can't wait for your next response... they are so clever and witty!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point of this thread is that (imho) the depravity has been increasing in my lifetime at an almost unprecedented rate.

Ever hear of Caligula?

That was Depravity on a scale far beyond anything we see today.

What of the Depravity of Human Slavery in the United States?

Would you say that is on the increase as well, or has that significantly decreased in the last 150 years??

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My call .... and for a good cause

Continue reading your book

I will hand it to ya straight old boy, at least you do understand the damage that so may failed predictions cause... what do you say...oh yeah.. "they make a mockery of Gods word".

I relish in our agreement about that :)

It's fun to know you and i will be together for eternity so we can continue to discuss these things :)

Upvote 0

GBRK

Site Rookie
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2011
Alabama
✟49,777.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe the context of Christ statement about the "times of Noah" is more directed toward the fact that the Rapture will be some as a surprise even though some have been watching for it and were aware of it's happening. Remember Noah and his family knew a (promised) flood was coming which is why Noah built the ark in the first place. Others though lambasted Noah and rejected his appeals about the coming Judgment. The same will happen in the last days. Some will recognize the days are approaching when Christ will come and look for His coming but many will go on as their lives have and they will remain blissfully ignorant.

Consider the scripture: "
Matthew 24:32-39 (Contemporary English Version)
32 Learn a lesson from a fig tree. When its branches sprout and start putting out leaves, you know that summer is near.
33 So when you see all these things happening, you will know that the time has almost come.
34 I can promise you that some of the people of this generation will still be alive when all this happens.
35 The sky and the earth won't last forever, but my words will.
36 No one knows the day or hour. The angels in heaven don't know, and the Son himself doesn't know. Only the Father knows.
37 When the Son of Man appears, things will be just as they were when Noah lived.
38 People were eating, drinking, and getting married right up to the day that the flood came and Noah went into the big boat
39 They didn't know anything was happening until the flood came and swept them all away. That is how it will be when the Son of Man appears."

"all these things" from verse 33 refers to Christ instructions about what to expect which are itemized earlier in Matthew Chapter 24. Then in verses 37 & 38 the context is toward the timing of Christ return. Verse 37 obviously is the return of Christ as foretold in Matthew 24:30-31. While Christians may be looking for the coming and have certain signs which predict when His coming will happen for many it will be an immediate judgment just as with Noah's time and people in Noah's day. People will be going on with their daily lives of marriage, dining, celebrating etc.

Christ, Himself, gives us (Christians) instructions of what to look for to know His coming for us (The Rapture) is near and He gives us these instructions in Matthew 24:1-29.

Upvote 0