• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Signs of the End Times

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Rene Loup, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+8,086
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The *one thing* that I tend to look for eschatologically, is the dimming, watering down, and rejection of traditional, Scriptural, clear teachings on marriage, the family, men and women's roles, and sexual ethics by Christians themselves. A rejection of reason and truth from the inside.

Many, many denominations have already flipped on a lot of these. Protestants who wish to be deeply conservative on these points seem to be having to church hunt these days, which is sad. And shouldn't be.

There are hints of Apostolic Churches facing attacks from within on these same points, too. This is what I look for.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,967
    Australia
    Christian
    Single

Yes I agree here we are seeing this thing now, I believe we as Christians must

3. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,967
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    ..sorry,

We as Christians must continually watch and pray and the watering down of the Bible and acceptance of worldly practices included in some churches is something we must be aware of and guard against.

What better way to start the setup of a one world religion than being inclusive of all things? (except the Bible alone and what God says)

4. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,724
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Such a long list of crises, and yet...I'm doing fine.

5. Rene Loup

Rene Loup A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+12,745
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    For now.

6. Glorytothefather2245

Glorytothefather2245 New Member Supporter

+91
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Dont forget that the Pope wants to have a meeting in May 2020 with world leaders for a global education pact for new humanism.

7. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+718
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    You make a good point. This was probably what the decline of the Roman Empire looked like. Chaos everywhere, barbarians, mass migrations, light of the civilization dying, the doom, the endtimes.

Yet it was just a centuries long culmination of the effects of political mismanagement, population migrations, infighting and the like mostly concerning a single continent of the planet.

And it was not an end, the black plague was not an end, world wars (both of them) were not an end. There is no more reason the believe this is the end either.

edit : also some of the links you provided state opposite what you mean them to. Like the one about frequency of earth quakes

"Recent devastating earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and China, as well as magnitude 7+ earthquakes in Indonesia and California, might give the impression that earthquake activity is increasing.

In fact, a quick look at earthquake statistics over the last 20 years shows that this is not the case.

On average there are about 15 earthquakes every year with a magnitude of 7 or greater.

As with any almost random phenomena, the number of earthquakes each year varies slightly from this average, but in general, there are no dramatic variations.

So far this year, there have been six magnitude 7+ earthquakes, in keeping with the annual rate."

8. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+383
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Go back 200, 500 or 1000 years and you could name the same or similar problems all over the world. You have recentcy bias.

9. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,574
    Christian
    Single
    When seniors found they have cancer or advanced heart disease, they were not as much worried about the end of the world. They had to give up some of their thinking about their prospects of continuing long in this world.

10. Redwingfan9

+383
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I just can't imagine having such a short sighted view of history. A third to half of Europe was wiped out in the Plague. The mini-ice age fundamentally transformed cultures and food availability throughout the world. There have always been floods, earthquakes, hurricanes and other catastrophic events. That they haven't been on cable news 24/7 doesn't make them any less catastrophic. Furthermore there have always been wicked kings and wars and rumors of wars, economic troubles etc. There has always been discord in the world. It is arrogant beyond words to believe things are worse today all while pretending there's some good old day that never existed.

600,000 Americans died in the civil war. 250 million people were murdered by governments in the first 75 years of the 20th century. Reality is that we haven't had a significant war in 75 years, certainly not one that resulted in tens of millions of deaths. Learn some history before you flap your mouth about end times.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,724
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Yeah, that's been the tale for the last forty years of my life. At this rate I'll be in my grave before any of the news media's apocalyptic predictions affect me, assuming they aren't lying.

Fear and drama sell news.

12. A Realist

A Realist Living in Reality

+999
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yup. Some folks tend to look at things through the lens of their own experiences and recent happenings and disregard what has happened in the past.

13. Redwingfan9

+383
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I think that's part of it. People want to feel like they're special and that their generation is special. Instead of viewing their worth through the lens of Jesus Christ, they grab hold of utter balderdash in order to convince themselves they're important. It's really sad and it's done immeasurable damage to the church as people study snake oil theology rather than Biblical theology.

14. Rene Loup

+12,745
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    1984 Styled Society

"It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name." ~Revelation 13:16-17

Deception Crisis

"Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you." ~Matthew 24:4

Pseudo-Intellectualism
    "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," ~Romans 1:22

Christian persecution all time high.

"You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." ~Matthew 10:22

Christian Persecution Hits All-Time High Worldwide: Report
    Persecution of Christians 'coming close to genocide' in Middle East – report
    Over 200 Incidents of Anti-Christian Violence Reported in India in 2019 | Persecution
    European Churches: Vandalized, Defecated On, and Torched "Every Day"
    3 Black Churches Have Burned in 10 Days in a Single Louisiana Parish
    Christian persecution set to rise ‘sharply’ in 2019, group warns
    Christians in India increasingly under attack, study shows
    The Christian Persecution in Nigeria No One Is Talking About | RELEVANT Magazine
    No Christian persecution in the US? Try telling that to these Christians.
    Christians are 'most persecuted group'

Overpopulation

Is the world running out of space?
    Overpopulation could be people, planet problem - CNN.com
    Overpopulated and Underfed: Countries Near a Breaking Point

Rise of Atheism and Satanism
    "Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons," ~1 Timothy 4:1
    "And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." Matthew 24:10-13

Christians are leaving the faith in droves and the trend isn't slowing down
    Why millennials are really leaving religion (it’s not just politics, folks) - Religion News Service
    'Christianity as default is gone': the rise of a non-Christian Europe
    Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology
    Why More Millennials Are Turning to Witchcraft - FLARE
    The rise of the Satanic Temple in Canada
    Hell freezes over: how the Church of Satan got cool
    Organized religion 'will be driven toward extinction' in 9 countries, experts predict

Increased Knowledge, AI, Robots, & Automation

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." ~Daniel 12:4

Elon Musk: artificial intelligence is our biggest existential threat
    Stephen Hawking – On the Threat of Artificial Intelligence | Genius
    Don't Let Artificial Intelligence Take Over, Top Scientists Warn | Live Science
    Thousands of leading AI researchers sign pledge against killer robots
    The Rise of Automation: How Robots May Impact the U.S. Labor Market | St. Louis Fed
    Americans’ views on the rise of automation: 6 key findings
    Rise of the robots: what will the future of work look like? | Robert Skidelsky
    Killer robots: The soldiers that never sleep
    Knowledge Doubling Every 12 Months, Soon to be Every 12 Hours | School of Thinking
    Op-Ed: Knowledge doubles almost every day, and it's set to increase

Increase in earthquakes and volcano activity
    "Earthquakes in various places" ~Luke 21:11 & Matthew 24:7

Why are we having so many earthquakes? Has naturally occurring earthquake activity been increasing? Does this mean a big one is going to hit? OR We haven't had any earthquakes in a long time; does this mean that the pressure is building up for a big one?
    Insane! Nearly 2,000% increase in major quakes since 1900! What is going on? - Strange Sounds
    Global Volcanism Program | Has volcanic activity been increasing?
    Is volcanic activity on the rise – and if so, where's next?
    Get Ready for More Volcanic Eruptions as the Planet Warms

One World Religion

Pope calls for educational alliance to promote care for common home - Vatican News
    Pope Francis: a global pact for education | United World Project
    Grand Imam of Al Azhar, Pope Francis meet with Muslim Council of Elders
    Pope Meets With Holy Land Rabbi, Imam, Druze | parliamentofreligions.org
    Pope Francis and the United Religions Initiative
    Pope Francis under fire for claiming ‘diversity of religions’ is ‘willed by God’
    ‘Pope Francis,’ Islamic Imam Sign Declaration Calling for World Peace, ‘Dialogue Among Believers’

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  15. Rene Loup

+12,745
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The Gog & Magog War
    Ezekiel 38 and 39

The Alliance is Formed

The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.
    An Emerging Russia-Turkey-Iran Alliance Could Reshape the Middle East
    Alliance Between Russia, Turkey, Iran on Syria Taking Shape
    Russia-Iran-Turkey alliance most effective in solving Syrian crisis – Lavrov
    Sudan's President to Putin: 'We Need Protection From US Aggressive Actions'
    It's Business as Usual for Russians in Sudan, Despite Bashir's Fall
    Russia moving into Libya
    Libya after Aleppo … Russian bear and new alliance | Libya Prospect

The Spoils of War

Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’
    Israel gas supply 2019: supply expected to exceed demand by 2023
    Israel’s Energy Dilemma: More Natural Gas Than It Can Use or Export
    Huge Oil Discovery on the Golan Heights! – Messianic Jewish Alliance of America
    Huge oil discovery in Golan Heights - Israeli media
    Gold Rush in Israel – near Eilat
    Billions of Dollars of Gold Discovered Under Eilat Mountains to be Used to Rebuild Third Jewish Temple
    New mineral found inside gemstones in Israel
    Israeli company unearths rare mineral
    https://www.israel21c.org/first-israeli-makes-global-list-of-most-prolific-inventors/
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/tel-a...00-universities-with-most-us-patents-in-2018/

The Hook in the Jaws

I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20190607-cyprus-signs-9bn-contract-with-israel-to-extract-gas/
    https://sputniknews.com/business/201811211070009783-israel-egypt-jordan-gas-eu-market/
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/russia-economy-facts-2019-4-1028116037
    https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/10/irans_economy_is_on_the_verge_of_collapse.html
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevehanke/2018/07/29/irans-rial-is-in-a-death-spiral-again/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/business/turkey-economy-crisis.html
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-economy-poll-idUSKCN1RO19Y

16. Rene Loup

+12,745
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I am only human and mistakes will be made. They were published throughout the decade and not all of the articles are up to date. Point them out to me and I will try to find better articles.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  17. throughfireytrial

throughfireytrial Truth-Lover Supporter

+525
    Christian
    Married
    Watch! Watch and pray that you enter not into temptation! Always...WATCH!

18. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+718
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Pointless. Relax, it is not end times now any more than it was end times when the Rome fell.

19. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,079
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    You do realise that the world system does its best to discredit Christianity and God's word? Satan's intent is to discourage and, if possible, prevent people from reading God's word. The state government of Victoria, where I live, is considering laws that would make it illegal to quote some sections of the Bible. The alphabet soup of homosexual lobby groups want to shut up those who expose it as sin. Some influential people want it to be classified as hate speech. Preachers have already been sanctioned for saying that other religions are not the way to God. No one has gone to jail - yet.

20. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,079
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    It is difficult to compare, you are right. The world system reports only the bad news. Lord Jesus said that in the last days the love of many would grow cold. He warned that there would be a great falling away. We are seeing that. Freedoms that western nations take for granted are being undermined. Much of that is voluntary. I don't do Facebook or Instagram. I don't need multinational corporations knowing my every movement. Yet people give up details that are intensely personal. That has only been possible recently. We also have the power to destroy civilisation with nuclear weapons. That's only been possible since 1945.