• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Signs of Heart Attacks in Women

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lately I've been feeling a few pains on the left side of my chest. They're not very profound or anything, but like I always do, I typed that symptom into the search bar and it suggested that I could be experiencing a heart attack. I doubt that I am, honestly, but while I was looking at the symptoms of a heart attack, I realized that heart attacks have some of the same general symptoms for men and women, and yet there are still other signs that go unnoticed by women in particular. So, today, I thought I would share with you all some of the signs of a heart attack that are prominent in women. You know, just so you'd be aware.

https://www.heart.org/en/health-top...a-heart-attack/heart-attack-symptoms-in-women

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Typically women's symptoms are more diffuse than mens. Feeling under the weather and just sick is often reported to be the only symptoms the victims experienced in the hours leading up to the heart attack. Unfortunately this makes women's cardiac arrests etc far more difficult to discover and diagnose in an early stage than mens :(

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could be "Angina" or other Lung problem.
Angina is not a lung problem. It is pain from blockages in coronary arteries.

To the OP: yes - PLEASE get checked out by a cardiologist. As it has been said the symptoms of heart disease are not as clear in women so it frequently goes unnoticed and untreated.

"For generations, heart disease has been our number one killer, striking women of every age, color and culture," says Hudson in the commercial. "Heart disease claims one woman every minute, killing more women than men, and more women than all cancers combined. I don't know about you but I intend to stay alive. Fight the lady killer."​

https://www.heart.org/-/media/files...heets/facts-cvd-womens-no-1-health-threat.pdf

Heart Disease Kills More Women Than Men

Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer

Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stellar Vision

Mar 17, 2004
Raleigh, NC
✟138,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a useful video that explains how blood flow to the heart can quickly improve by basically eating whole plant foods, and nothing but whole... plant... foods.

2:46 They started out with miserable cholesterol levels, and the diminished blood flow to their hearts to prove it (the dark blue areas represent so-called perfusion deficits; areas to the heart that aren't getting adequate blood flow).

After cholesterol lowering their cholesterol was still terrible but with the improvement, there was an improvement in blood flow. And their angina attacks were cut in half. And when they stopped and their cholesterol went back up, the blood flow to their heart muscle went back down.

So cholesterol lowering itself appears to improve blood flow to the heart, and they think it's because when cholesterol goes down endothelial function improves.
The problem is people don't want to even think about trying it because their tastebuds have been acclimated to overly salty, fatty, and sweet foods.

Upvote 0