Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand that Astrology is a sin when used as a form of divination/worship. The Bible clearly speaks against looking to the heavens for answers. But one cannot deny that God may use the celestial bodies to display signs, after all its his domain.

We have in Genesis 1:14 where God states that there will be lights in the heavens to separate day from night and be there for signs, season and days and years.
Notice something here. It clearly differentiates the passage of time from the other reason which is Signs. Again God is not talking about the passage of time here but clearly evident is the word SIGNS. Dont twist the meaning to fit the narrative you believe. We have it in the New Testament account of 3 wise men coming to visit Jesus from afar. In Matthew 2:2 they state plainly Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Also if you look at Numbers 24:17 It confirms this again in OT "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near. A star shall come forth from Jacob, a scepter shall rise from Israel". What if the sun and moon stopped midday like in the OT? What if all the stars faded just as in before the glorious return of our Lord? Clearly God has and will continue to use powerful signs in the heavens.

Food for thought I always like a good discussion.

• Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you read Bullinger's or Seiss's books (Witness of the Stars, Gospel in the Stars)? Fascinating stuff. I personally think their work answers a lot of questions. They expanded on some woman's work called Massaroth (sp?).

• Informative
Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Have you read Bullinger's or Seiss's books (Witness of the Stars, Gospel in the Stars)? Fascinating stuff. I personally think their work answers a lot of questions. They expanded on some woman's work called Massaroth (sp?).

No I surely will look into it. Also forgot to mention that Jesus is known as the morning star. Could it be that we all have a star in heaven?

Upvote 0

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No I surely will look into it. Also forgot to mention that Jesus is known as the morning star. Could it be that we all have a star in heaven?

I'm pretty sure you can find at least one of those books online. The books themselves are nice because of the images and the fold-out constellation map.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The wise men were astrologers. They knew more about the Messiah reading the stars than the Jews did reading their prohets.
I believe that was the end of the era for astrology revealing truth. The last time it worked. Stars foretell in as much as the human will isnt free.

Upvote 0

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Informative
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The wise men were astrologers. They knew more about the Messiah reading the stars than the Jews did reading their prohets.
I believe that was the end of the era for astrology revealing truth. The last time it worked. Stars foretell in as much as the human will isnt free.

Indeed however I came to the conclusion that these men have been led by the Holy Spirit in their ways to prove to us that God has everything written in the heavens as a sign of his power.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed however I came to the conclusion that these men have been led by the Holy Spirit in their ways to prove to us that God has everything written in the heavens as a sign of his power.
All creation, every story told, every word spoken will in some way point to Jesus. I read that a long time ago. As for the stars, we aren't supposed to follow them. They follow us.:D

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
All creation, every story told, every word spoken will in some way point to Jesus. I read that a long time ago. As for the stars, we aren't supposed to follow them. They follow us.:D

I have seen close to a dozen shooting stars in the past six months probably more then I have in my entire life. I had wished the same wish in the Lords name perhaps he was trying to tell me something. I hope I get it. :pray:

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have seen close to a dozen shooting stars in the past six months probably more then I have in my entire life. I had wished the same wish in the Lords name perhaps he was trying to tell me something. I hope I get it. :pray:
Me too. It's lookin like something's going on! Adding my prayer to that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If you go outside with no light pollution at night you'll see them every single night. There's nothing to be read into this - it's a rather natural, regular, high frequency occurrence. It's not a message from the sky to you.

Upvote 0

Cement

Mar 24, 2018
Austin
✟55,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If you go outside with no light pollution at night you'll see them every single night. There's nothing to be read into this - it's a rather natural, regular, high frequency occurrence. It's not a message from the sky to you.

My Faith says otherwise. You can explain away a persons Faith anyway you like but its still there. Just like a dream that takes you somewhere and tells you something about yourself. Its just a dream they say its nothing now go about your own day. But the Lord has spoken to us through his creation long before we knew of it.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Did you notice that all of them are falling and none is rising ?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Depending on what month, you can average between 6 to 16 a night (Northern Hemisphere)
5-16 (Southern Hemisphere)
https://www.skyandtelescope.com/ast...bob-king/random-meteors-arent-random02112015/
https://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/9780387094601-c1.pdf

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From my perspective they rather streak across the sky.
They mean what they mean to you. What they mean to others isn't relative. Even if they aren't rare occurances they weren't noticed before. Now they are. That's the key. My two cents.

• Agree
Reactions: Cement
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

And in Isaiah "morning star" (Lucifer in Latin) is used ironically to refer to an egotistical Babylonian king.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I gazzle at stars from my 7th floor building . Today there is something strange tho , stars are visible as usually . I noticed very bright one like 5-10 times brighter than a star so after looking at it my eyes need a sec to adapt to other stars . Best thing is that this thing/star moved and the other did not quite strange . It moved quite drastically if you imagine clock and number then it moved from 1'clock to about 4'clock so I have to stick my head through window and turn it to the right because I almost can't see it .

Very bright and fun to watch , didn't know stars can move like that so fast :blink:
Observed them from about 23:00 to 01:00 .

Upvote 0