Signs a person is regenerated.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It's a good question, but all I've seen around me for the last year are Fox News, BLM protestors, Capitol insurrectionists and angry people on the internet.
Oh yes there's a lot of that going on. I tend to ignore the news. It all proves that Jesus's return is closer and closer... Anyway back on topic.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Private
Same.
You can add Telegram and Gab to that list. I use to be one of those angry people. Anger is a cancer.

It's a good question, but all I've seen around me for the last year are Fox News, BLM protestors, Capitol insurrectionists and angry people on the internet.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What are signs a person can look at to say "The Holy Spirit lives in me."
The person who is redeemed will naturally live a changed life, emulating his savior, and endeavoring to live as Christ taught.

That isn't to say that every onlooker can be certain about what he's witnessing, but neither are they/we expected to go around evaluating other people like that.

As for yourself, you cannot really "prove" whether you are in the right category and you shouldn't worry yourself about it endlessly. You know the call that Christ issued, and if you try your best (even with slip-ups and mistakes along the way), you will be doing what the Lord asked his disciples to do.

Remember that the Apostles--the people who were the closest to Jesus for years--were constantly worrying and guessing...and he was not impressed by it.

Towards the end, he simply told them, in no uncertain terms, that they'd heard his message and his promises concerning his triumph over sin made available to all who would come to him, and that they (and we) should trust him to have meant it. Do you believe he is who he said and showed himself to be? Yes. Then you certainly can trust him.
:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If it's obvious someone is trying...

Some take a little longer to emulate Jesus than others, depending on how many bad habits they have accumulated.

For instance I have changed a lot in 3 years...but I still swear and smoke. Working on the swearing right now.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
If it's obvious someone is trying...

Some take a little longer to emulate Jesus than others, depending on how many bad habits they have accumulated.

For instance I have changed a lot in 3 years...but I still swear and smoke. Working on the swearing right now.
We judge by external standards, God judges the heart. There is no way to tell, practically speaking whether someone is trying. That's not for us to even determine. Keep your focus on Christ. You're in a relationship with him, not yourself and your habits or sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The fruit of the spirit is ... go read scripture for the answer.

Reactions: TheWhat?
Upvote 0

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We judge by external standards, God judges the heart. There is no way to tell, practically speaking whether someone is trying. That's not for us to even determine. Keep your focus on Christ. You're in a relationship with him, not yourself and your habits or sins.

The OP's question was how to tell if the Holy Spirit lives within a person. Did you not read it?
Furthermore, I gave my own practical experiences for the edification of others on this board.
I am sorry it did not sit well with you.
Finally, My focus IS on Christ...you have no idea what my relationship with Him is...so keep your snarky judgements of other Christians to yourself.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Here is one of the "signs" @Neostarwcc, in this case from pastor/theologian A. W. Pink.

quote-it-is-not-the-absence-of-sin-but-the-grieving-over-it-which-distinguishes-the-child-arthur-w-pink-70-74-09.jpg

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
The OP's question was how to tell if the Holy Spirit lives within a person. Did you not read it?
Yes. And it's not for us to judge,like I said.
Furthermore, I gave my own practical experiences for the edification of others on this board.
I am sorry it did not sit well with you.
It's not a personal thing. You are entitled to your opinion but I am entitled to mine.
Finally, My focus IS on Christ...you have no idea what my relationship with Him is...so keep your snarky judgements of other Christians to yourself.
I don't know how you took an encouraging post as snarky...but you do you. I don't want to fight.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes. And it's not for us to judge,like I said.

It's not a personal thing. You are entitled to your opinion but I am entitled to mine.

I don't know how you took an encouraging post as snarky...but you do you. I don't want to fight.

Your post was presumptuous and judgmental, not encouraging. If you have a specific opinion regarding the OP's question, take it up with the OP.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Your post was presumptuous and judgmental, not encouraging. If you have a specific opinion regarding the OP's question, take it up with the OP.
How is telling you to keep your eye on Christ, judgemental and presumptuous? We all lose focus on him at times. That is a part of what it means to be a sinner. Please don't take this as a judgement, but as a call to daily repentance (which I hope that you would call me to as well).

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Anyone telling you to look at your repentance, your patience, love, virtue, peace ect. is being pietistic. In fact the more you look at these things, the more you will realize how terribly short you fall. Lutheranism has taught me that it is Christ's righteousness that matters. You have been baptized. You are in him. Don't look for evidence for the Holy Spirit in yourself or others. You will become judgemental if you do.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
1 Corinthians 12:3 So I want you to know that no one speaking by God’s Spirit says, “Jesus is cursed.” No one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

If we go beyond this simple truth from scripture we’ve gone to far.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Amen!
1 Corinthians 12:3 So I want you to know that no one speaking by God’s Spirit says, “Jesus is cursed.” No one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

If we go beyond this simple truth from scripture we’ve gone to far.

Upvote 0