Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm married now, but when I was single the usual "signs" of interest I gave off were:

Lots of eye contact
Engage in opportunities to strike up a conversation
Laugh at anything funny he would say
Touch his arm (upper arm our forearm) when laughing
Smile. Smile. Smile.
Remember things he told me and ask about them again the next time I saw him.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2011
Washington State
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm married now, but when I was single the usual "signs" of interest I gave off were:

Lots of eye contact
Engage in opportunities to strike up a conversation
Laugh at anything funny he would say
Touch his arm (upper arm our forearm) when laughing
Smile. Smile. Smile.
Remember things he told me and ask about them again the next time I saw him.

Definitely this.

Upvote 0

mrFIVE

May 19, 2011
✟7,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
thanks for the comments, this girl is a bit opposite to what you said. When I first met her she was very open and friendly, we had a great time being together. But since then (1.5 months later) she is very distant when I'm around her. She can't stand close to me when I'm talking to her and will step further away. One time I was talking to her she stepped away that she broke line of sight with me during mid sentence. It's hard to hold a conversation with her, she's only interested having a conversation with me when I talk about the Bible and the Lord. I'm confused cause I don't know if she's distant and uncomfortable because she really likes me, or she doesn't. Any comments will be appreciated

Upvote 0

MrsSeptemberPenguin

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
Minnesota
✟32,184.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well every girl is different, but if I were doing the things you were describing it would probably be because I realized you were interested, and I wasn't interested in anything more than friendship. It would be my effort to put some distance in the situation without coming strait out and saying I wasn't interested. Every girl is different, but that's how it'd be if I were acting that way.

Upvote 0

Weak&Loved

May 6, 2011
✟7,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thanks for the comments, this girl is a bit opposite to what you said. When I first met her she was very open and friendly, we had a great time being together. But since then (1.5 months later) she is very distant when I'm around her. She can't stand close to me when I'm talking to her and will step further away. One time I was talking to her she stepped away that she broke line of sight with me during mid sentence. It's hard to hold a conversation with her, she's only interested having a conversation with me when I talk about the Bible and the Lord. I'm confused cause I don't know if she's distant and uncomfortable because she really likes me, or she doesn't. Any comments will be appreciated

-Yea, every girl is different. For instance if I really like a guy, I'm actually a lot more shy around them and have no idea what to say to them. I usually don't walk away from them though. But, yea if I like them I feel a lot more comfortable talking about God or things of the sort. There was maybe only one guy that I liked that I felt comfortable around, because he made it easy to be comfortable around (sometimes it was awkward though).

-On the other hand if I don't like a guy in that way, but I can tell they like me, I'll act awkward as well. I'll keep conversation really short, and sometimes avoid them.

-And if I'm not interested in them at all and can tell they are probably not interested in me, I can act more normal, lol. Every girl is different.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It might help if we knew how old she is? When I was younger I found it incredibly difficult to talk to guys I was interested in. Now I probably talk to them too much :sorry: So it could just be because she's young and perhaps doesn't have a lot of experience with guys and dating.

If I like a guy now, I try to encourage him in that by actively showing an interest in him and even flirting a little bit. There's still a little shyness/awkwardness when I don't know what to say, but for the most part I'm probably terribly transparent when I like someone.

On the other hand if you and she used to have really good conversations and only now things are turning awkward and you notice her pulling away, you should brace yourself for the possibility she's not interested.

Since, as was mentioned, every girl is different, the only way to know for sure is to talk to her, as awkward as that may be in the current situation. But you'll have your answer. If she's not interested, you'll get closure to move on. If she is, then you'll know how to pursue her from there.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well every girl is different, but if I were doing the things you were describing it would probably be because I realized you were interested, and I wasn't interested in anything more than friendship. It would be my effort to put some distance in the situation without coming strait out and saying I wasn't interested. Every girl is different, but that's how it'd be if I were acting that way.

This.

Girls are much less complicated than guys WANT to think we are. If we act interested, we're probably interested. If we act disinterested, we're probably disinterested. The whole "I don't understand girls" stuff comes in when a guy just doesn't want to ACCEPT what a girl is doing or saying. Accept it. Move on.

Seriously. It's not that complex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums