Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The sign at the door of the Colt factory displays a gun with a slash through it: "No loaded or unauthorized firearms beyond this point." Understandable for workers at a plant, but also a bit ironic, considering one of the largest arsenals in America lies just beyond.

link
understandable for workers at a plant? not so! we need guns everywhere!! (or say some gun nuts)

so will you be boycotting colt over this policy?

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
So if a gun factory doesn't allow guns inside...how according to their own policy can they actually make the guns? ^_^

Lame joke made even lamer since the intent of the policy is actually spelled out very clearly and doesn't even make room for your joke.

Upvote 0

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
I didn't see it spelled out clearly in the article - what is the intent of the policy?

When it comes to that joke?

"No loaded or unauthorized firearms"

Cause you know, the firearms they manufacture are going to be a) loaded or b) unauthorized.

Upvote 0

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
No, assuming you were serious when you said, "the intent of the policy is actually spelled out very clearly", then I was serious about asking for clarification on the intent.

Are you having trouble understanding the intent of the policy is to prevent loaded and unauthorized firearms inside the premise which would not in any way prevent the manufacturing of firearms inside the facility?

Upvote 0

QR1

Rook by any other name, still moves the same
Nov 20, 2012
✟15,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
understandable for workers at a plant? not so! we need guns everywhere!! (or say some gun nuts)

so will you be boycotting colt over this policy?

You think jewelers work with fists full of rings, necklaces hanging from their neck near the buffing wheel? Obviously they should boycott jewelry stores and so should people who like jewelry.

You think people who work in pharmaceuticals are allowed to carry around their own OTC cocktail where the liability for a personal pill getting mixed in is a huge enough concern to warrant a ban? Hah.

You think farmers take their champion bull to market with the rest of the herd . . . beef fans everywhere, time to get upset that Farmer Joe leaves the bull at home!

Oh my, ya'll seriously reaching to try and make something outta nothing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

HorsieJuice

Are you having trouble understanding the intent of the policy is to prevent loaded and unauthorized firearms inside the premise which would not in any way prevent the manufacturing of firearms inside the facility?

Yes, I think it was a lousy joke. No, I do not think the policy would affect the manufacture of the weapons.

What I'm trying to figure out is the intent of the policy - it's not stated in the article, yet both you and Proud Parrot have referred to its intent as being clearly spelled out. I'm hoping somebody can clarify it for me.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You mean like Australia and England, where there's very little gun violence?

..but there is still plenty of violence I no doubt.

If one country has 100 deaths.. 80 because of guns and 20 because of stabbings.

..and another country also has 100 deaths... 80 from stabbings and 20 from bludgeonings....

Are they really less violent due to lack of guns?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's just amusing since gun enthusiasts are so intent on being able to have access to guns anywhere.

I can see the irony in it. But the purpose of being able to have a gun with you at times when you may need to protect yourself is important. Criminals like to take advantage of people when the potential victim is unarmed and vulnerable, or at least when the criminal believes they are.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I think it was a lousy joke. No, I do not think the policy would affect the manufacture of the weapons.

What I'm trying to figure out is the intent of the policy - it's not stated in the article, yet both you and Proud Parrot have referred to its intent as being clearly spelled out. I'm hoping somebody can clarify it for me.

It's for safety. In a facility that manufactures guns they want the guns to be unloaded and don't want there to be any confusion by throwing loaded guns into the mix- increasing the risk of someone accidentally confusing the two. Most people who handle guns perform checks, but in a facility manufacturing firearms, they would want a policy in place that takes out the need for the occurrence. Also note that it specifically says 'unauthorized' firearms. While prohibiting anyone from waltzing in with a gun, this also means that there are people who may be authorized to bring firearms into the facility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would anyone not call 911 if someone breaks into their home? Calling quickly, regardless if you are armed, will reduce the chance of you or your family being harmed.

I have guns in my home. A few years ago I got a knock on my door at 11pm. Not expecting anyone I yell for the person to identify themselves. They didn't answer. My wife called 911 while I got my gun. When the officer showed up I felt a bit embarrassed, but he told me that earlier that night their was a break-in in a few streets over where the person did open the door. Likely the police were looking for him and he was looking to break into another home to hide out. When I didn't let him in he likely ran off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why would anyone not call 911 if someone breaks into their home? Calling quickly, regardless if you are armed, will reduce the chance of you or your family being harmed.

I have guns in my home. A few years ago I got a knock on my door at 11pm. Not expecting anyone I yell for the person to identify themselves. They didn't answer. My wife called 911 while I got my gun. When the officer showed up I felt a bit embarrassed, but he told me that earlier that night their was a break-in in a few streets over where the person did open the door. Likely the police were looking for him and he was looking to break into another home to hide out. When I didn't let him in he likely ran off.

That's the problem with a gun or an alarm system that does not go off until someone has already entered the home.

Dogs go off early and you never get the knock.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You mean like Australia and England, where there's very little gun violence?

Gun violence of the type Obama tried to ban isn't significant in the US either. More people die from bare knuckles than the so called "assault weapons" which are not really assault weapons since the military uses full auto.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

It takes the police 40 minutes or so to get to my house.

And that is the tactically sound way to handle it. Good show.

As for this sign, it's a private company, so, they're allowed to set their policies.

Upvote 0