*sigh* Jesus died for this?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So im still spending money like no tomorrow. My banks empty my cards are maxed with no increase, i skipped rent and cable this month. Just... Why? Because I want to play my addiction. Free to play games where you can spend thousands and get nowhere.

I cant stop and I think its time I stopped blaming this on mania. I mean, yes im manic. But ive also had this problem for years. Even games with a set price every month because theres always extra stuff to buy even in those.

Ive had this problem from before I even knew I had bipolar disorder. I think the manic and psychotic mixes didnt really help my situation. Now that im manic its nearly impossible to stop, I dont have control.

Honestly? I dont need a therapist, I need Jesus. Where is he? I cant afford therapy anyway my insurance no longer covers a good therapist or half of my good doctors anymore. Just... Impossible. Please ask Jesus to help, I dont know where else to turn. He cured many things wrong with me including a inappropriate content addiction id never thought would go away. Yet, he wont deal with this? Where is he? Each day that passes is more sins that he had to SUFFER for! This needs to stop. Im going insane, literally!

I said it in the title and ill say it here! *Sigh*! Jesus died for this?

Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fast for two days drinking only water. I guarantee your mind won't be wondering to games and other frivolities into day 2. Observe what your thoughts are and realize that yes, you have control over the thoughts that spend time in your mind. In other words reject the temporary urge to spend money you don't have on being a consumer.
Keep God in the forefront of your mind during the fast, praying often and beseeching Him to accept your attempt at humbling yourself before His authority and that you are determined to put Him first in your life. Good luck on a successful fast. :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And... she took off again. Why is it everytime something like this comes up we fight and she takes off? It's been almost 2 hours.

People leave to cool off. Ephesians 4:31.

Upvote 0

Herbivore Wolf

Jun 19, 2021
Norman
✟11,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll keep you in my prayers, friend. Yes, Christ died for this. I'm young, and I'm not going through what you are. But I'll pray for you, cause I know some people that speak like you post. Maybe read much Scripture, pray like Job and ask Christ why. Look for answers in Scripture... I'm sorry for what you're going through.

• Winner
Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
People leave to cool off. Ephesians 4:31.

Yeah she came home again a few hours ago. This time she just walked to a grocery store and sat there to cool off. Im glad.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'll keep you in my prayers, friend. Yes, Christ died for this. I'm young, and I'm not going through what you are. But I'll pray for you, cause I know some people that speak like you post. Maybe read much Scripture, pray like Job and ask Christ why. Look for answers in Scripture... I'm sorry for what you're going through.

Thank you brother!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,051.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Fast for two days drinking only water. I guarantee your mind won't be wondering to games and other frivolities into day 2. Observe what your thoughts are and realize that yes, you have control over the thoughts that spend time in your mind. In other words reject the temporary urge to spend money you don't have on being a consumer.
Keep God in the forefront of your mind during the fast, praying often and beseeching Him to accept your attempt at humbling yourself before His authority and that you are determined to put Him first in your life. Good luck on a successful fast. :oldthumbsup:
I know that Moses and Messiah fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. But they ain’t us!

Fasting is a form of starvation and it is hard on the adrenals. If the adrenals weaken it seems impossible to ever get them back to their normal state.

Yes fasting can yield wonderful results spiritually. But my personal opinion is that it should only be done by someone who is very healthy. Also, I think a 24 hour water only fast once a week can lead to great results and that nothing more strenuous is required.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know that Moses and Messiah fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. But they ain’t us!

Fasting is a form of starvation and it is hard on the adrenals. If the adrenals weaken it seems impossible to ever get them back to their normal state.

Yes fasting can yield wonderful results spiritually. But my personal opinion is that it should only be done by someone who is very healthy. Also, I think a 24 hour water only fast once a week can lead to great results and that nothing more strenuous is required.

Idk the last time my wife tried fasting for even one day she puked her guts out. Turns me off from trying.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Fasting in your case could be 24 hours without any internet whatsoever - no games, no Christian Forums, and instead, spend that 24 hours in prayer first to the Lord, then later, read the Scriptures that you feel led to read. Give it a try, then come back and tell us how it worked, and what you learned. Fasting need not only be a matter of not eating. The point is to do without something you normally need, in order to put the Lord first, and in your case, it seems gaming, likely online, is your problem, so disconnect completely for a day and instead spend that time with the Lord and your wife and family.

Upvote 0