• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Side Effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Last year I was prescribed Prozac and for the first 6 weeks I had a pretty rough ride. My appetite went, I couldn't sleep and my mood plummeted. Gradually it began to kick in.

*Glad to see you back again!!! Was worried about you, sis!* :hug:'s

Upvote 0

zsepthenne

Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2007
California
✟22,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had a problem with Prozac and anger, it worked in sense that it made me in an agitated mania state. I had bad side effects with Lithium and they were gone in about 3 months. I'm going to be trying lamactil, and some people on the crazyboards say it can cause agitation while titrating the dosage.
With most anti-deps minimal improvement in about 2 wks, anti-psychs assorted times, anti-convulsants pretty immediate. This is for me though.

Upvote 0

Love233

Aug 15, 2007
✟12,182.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Hi Everyone,

Have you ever had negative side effects from a new med for the first 2 or 3 weeks that eventually went away? I'm particulary interested in knowing if anyone felt agitated/angry? What were you taking and how long until you felt like the med was working?

Thank you
feeling agitated and angry for no reason os not good, talk to your doc. Wellbutrin was the worst becuase it had me high one day and the next crying hystericaly. I been on Zoloft for the past few months and I've been well

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.