Shutting down government just to spite the President?

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Democrats have no real fuss over what is on the table, everything should have passed, but they are unhappy and want a moment in the spotlight before other things are brought into the light...

This is watergate big...

But, but, it's ridiculous to even think anyone would try to fix the election....right?

Any of you ever notice how we just know something from watching a big picture for long enough? Can't really pinpoint exactly how we know, or even prove anything for that matter, but we know nonetheless? Maybe it's a type of instinct where out minds are picking up on things and making proper calculations when we don't even know it? Or maybe I was just slow and everyone else knew, and knew why they knew. :)

Whatever the case, a lot of us knew, the very reason we voted for Trump.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And yet the Party if Obstruction is fighting him at every step. Exactly what they said they would do from the very first day.

The ONLY thing the Democrats have done in a year is obstruct and complain. They are the party of no.

And all this bloviating doesn’t negate that simple reality and it is becoming more and more recognized by the public.

Rubbish. Trump was presented with a deal that was bipartisan and that he agreed with it. Then he pulled the rug...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rubbish. Trump was presented with a deal that was bipartisan and that he agreed with it. Then he pulled the rug...

And then he got what he wanted. That’s called winning a negotiation.

Good morning. You are up early! Hope you have a great day.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And then he got what he wanted. That’s called winning a negotiation.

Good morning. You are up early! Hope you have a great day.

How would you know what he wanted, when he doesn’t seem to know himself...??

Yes, I’m up at 6:00 every morning. Best part of the day...:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But, but, it's ridiculous to even think anyone would try to fix the election....right?

Any of you ever notice how we just know something from watching a big picture for long enough? Can't really pinpoint exactly how we know, or even prove anything for that matter, but we know nonetheless? Maybe it's a type of instinct where out minds are picking up on things and making proper calculations when we don't even know it? Or maybe I was just slow and everyone else knew, and knew why they knew. :)

Whatever the case, a lot of us knew, the very reason we voted for Trump.

Right, people on both sides have used different tactics for as long as I can remember to try to sway elections. In the past I've heard of such as buying homeless people booze and cigarettes for votes, or some such. But it is on a whole different level when the FBI is involved. First Hilary, now the FBI, five months of FBI correspondence goes suddenly missing.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right, people on both sides have used different tactics for as long as I can remember to try to sway elections. In the past I've heard of such as buying homeless people booze and cigarettes for votes, or some such. But it is on a whole different level when the FBI is involved. First Hilary, now the FBI, five months of FBI correspondence goes suddenly missing.

Agree. Though it shouldn't be done on any level, by anyone, this is a whole new ball game.

A lot of my post there was fear of what the Clinton administration was capable of in general, and this just brought a small part of that to light.

Yep, "suddenly gone missing" correspondence fit's my big picture profile of them exactly.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought Donald Trump was not really a Republican, but he started by running against Republicans so he could remove them from competition, then take on the Democrats. That's what I thought I was hearing, earlier-on.

But succeeding as a Republican possibly has gotten a lot of Republicans hooked on him, so he can maintain some support for his more independent agenda. There were plenty of candidates Republican who did not agree with him.

So, how many people really appreciate him and what he wants??????? And how many stay with him mainly because they are anti-Democrat?

Possibly, the United States, really, is divided in many more ways, then, than mainly into only two parties. For example of what I mean > it seems that Bernie still has his people, so that the Democratic party is, really, also divided . . . maybe really more than one party, too.

Democracy, then, is becoming more and more like church culture with its various groups.

I have thought that you could have a thing where each candidate gets money to control, in proportion to the votes the person gets. Then he or she can invest in what he or she wants, in legislation and programs and policy. For example, if he or she approves of a certain education thing, the candidate decides how much of his or her voted money goes to that education legislation or program. For certain things like education and defense, candidates would be required to spend a certain percentage on certain things. Pork stuff would have only so much allowed, total.

For something like managing immigration, ones favoring Donald would be able to invest their money designated to them, however they see fit to pay for a wall, for example. But ones opposed to the wall could finance border patrols and/or assistance to illegals. Put their money where their mouth is. So, in case many Republicans don't buy the wall thing, they can invest their designated money how they please.

So, voting on laws and programs would be in the form of how much money would be invested in each item. Ones opposing a certain education thing can use their money locally in their state how they choose.

Donald can't force money from New York to building a wall in Texas. The New York candidates must do something about illegal immigration, yes, with so much money their votes get for them, but how they choose.

Of course, I now consider, this could result in fifty independent nations, and an interesting situation for dealing with more worldwide issues of the United Nations and North Korea.

Prayer works; God is committed to using our prayer ! ! ! He has guaranteed this > 1 Timothy 2:1-4, 1 Corinthians 15:58.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Possibly, the United States, really, is divided in many more ways, then, than mainly into only two parties. For example of what I mean > it seems that Bernie still has his people, so that the Democratic party is, really, also divided . . . maybe really more than one party, too.

Indeed, this H.A. Goodman is interesting to listen to, he has an interesting background also.

Upvote 0