Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jet Black said:
Church dispensation?

Yes, the church dispensation, also refered to as the time of the gentiles. Or the dispensation of the Holy Spirit of Grace and Truth.

This is the age we live in and it began on the day of pentacost when the Holy Spirit was poured out and given to the church.

As far as I know, this age will only last 2000 years, so we are beginning to get very close to the end of it.

No one knows exactly when Pentacost was, but if you go by the calender we are using now, then it was in the year 33 ad.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jet Black said:
where does it say that? I have not heard of this before.

Where? In a lot of different places. But this one is my favorite:

Luke 13:32
And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

The next thousand years for mankind is refered to as the perfect age. It is a sabbath or a time man will rest from his works.

Genesis 2:2
And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,931.00
Faith
Unitarian
Confessed? That would be like Michelangelo confessing to having painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

I would like to know more about this amazing artist. Who was the Bishop that he "confessed" to. Can you tell us more about it? Did he do any other masterpeices or works of art that have been preserved?

Shroud believers generally fail to even mention this.

http://www.uiowa.edu/~anthro/webcourse/lost/shroud/facts.htm
http://www.uiowa.edu/~anthro/webcourse/lost/shroud/confession.htm

The details on it are amazing. Like finding dirt on the knee and in the Bible it takes about how Jesus fell when He carried His cross to Calvery.

Are we to assume the forger never read the Bible? What about all the details that are wrong compared to the Gospel of John. The body was supposed to have been wrapped in linens with a hunderd pound weight of spices. Why is there no trace of spices on the shroud? Was the Gospel of John in error about this? Why does it say linens and not a single linen?

How about the anatomical errors?

http://www.uiowa.edu/~anthro/webcourse/lost/shroud/anatomy.htm

What was questionable was where they got the sample for the carbon test. Some people feel it came from a area that had been damaged and a attempt had been made at a repair. So the area they tested was from a restored area on the shroud.

What is questionable are the desperate attempts of shroud believers to descredit the C14 dating.

Well, then lets crank out a few thousand of them. I am sure there are churchs all over the place that would pay good money for one. It would make a great teaching aid for their sunday school classes.

It may not be as hard to do as you think.

http://www.shroud.com/pdfs/craig.pdf

The Frumious Bandersnatch

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jet Black said:
where does it say 2000 years though? or are you taking that "day is like a thousand years " comment in as well? the one that is followed by "and a thousand years is like a day"

It is very simple a day represents 1000 years. This does not get complicated until you get into something like Daniel's 70 th week being equal to 490 years. But I would not even attempt to try and explain something like that on here. People have enough trouble to grasp the easy stuff.

Upvote 0

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
JohnR7 said:
It is very simple a day represents 1000 years. This does not get complicated until you get into something like Daniel's 70 th week being equal to 490 years. But I would not even attempt to try and explain something like that on here. People have enough trouble to grasp the easy stuff.

You have a frighteningly literal mind, John. Most people tend to interpret those verses as meaning that God is not constrained by or interested in discrete units of time.

Oh and a suggestion: ditch the spiritual and intellectual arrogance if you would like people to open their ears and minds to what you have to say.

Upvote 0