✟9,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

since i am living alone, my cats are important for me. Today I took video pieces and made a clip so that i can introduce them to you. I hope it works.

Do you have any pictures and films from your cat(s)? Pictures tell more than 1.000 words :)

So let's start and share the photos and films of our little tigers.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF!

Nice. :) One with blue eyes and one with green eyes? So do they like playing in water?

My cat loves plastic too. I don't have any video of her but I should have some pics.

IMG_0002.JPG

She likes to pose for pics.

IMG_0235.JPG

Sometimes she sits in weird positions too.

IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG

She's pleased here - loves the excitement of opening "stuff" wrapped in paper and she got Christmas presents too.

IMG_2442.JPG

She also gets very excited when I bring in boxes - especially boxes with fake trees - two toys in one. She couldn't stay out of everythbig while I was trying to put my Christmas tree up.

IMG_2614.JPG

Just napping in her bed with a toy.

IMG_2986.JPG

Rolling on the bed asking for attention - one of the high points of her day is when I make the bed. Usually with her still in it.

That's my girl. She's been with me through a LOT, we both almost lost each other. She's been such a comfort and I'm thankful for her. She picked me when she was a kitten. There were three or four cages full of kittens and I wanted to see a gray tabby. She was an ugly little white rat looking thing. But she launched herself from the cage as soon as the door opened, landed on me and crawled up under my chin, and refused to be put down. So I went home with two kittens. It was good ... the poor other kitten I'd wanted died of liver failure a couple of days later. But she's been my shadow for ten years now. :)

Upvote 0

Claudia Zimmer

Jun 5, 2018
Rheinland-Pfalz
Visit site
✟9,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, your cat is beautyful! i especially like this picture where she is lieing on your bed :) She isn't 10 years old, is she? she looks much younger.

My 2 cats love water. The boy is interested in details like "where does the water disappear?", the girl likes playing with the drops and biting into the shower.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, your cat is beautyful! i especially like this picture where she is lieing on your bed :) She isn't 10 years old, is she? she looks much younger.

My 2 cats love water. The boy is interested in details like "where does the water disappear?", the girl likes playing with the drops and biting into the shower.
Thank you. Yes, she's over ten years old. Those pictures cover a period of almost two years though, and are in chronological order (two Christmases in there.) The one on the bed was just a few weeks ago.

She's madly active. Still has the dash around climbing, jumping, wanting to be chased, and wants to chase things. She jumps a TINY bit less longwise than she used to do - we have a game she basically trained ME in. She likes to be told "jump" and where to jump (though she actually shows me with her eyes where she wants to be sent - but it LOOKS like I'm commanding and she's obeying, lol). And I've had to move one of her jumps a few inches closer or she won't do it. But she's wonderfully strong and healthy, thankfully. I can't bear the thought of losing her. And she's always been somewhat fragile medically - she has asthma and allergies and can't bear anesthesia (she almost died when I had her spayed), but those things are generally in control most of the time. I do all I can to keep her healthy. :) (Which is really just giving her good food, keeping her active, and keeping allergens down.)

Haha, it's so interesting what intrigues them! I can imagine your boy could be entertained by all kinds of things, especially maybe a fountain with an emptying bowl. My cat is the same as your girl about moving water. She likes water too (to a point) but doesn't want to just drink from a bowl. She prefers moving water (I got a fountain for her when they were clearanced on Amazon a couple of years ago) or else she will find a plant watering can and dip in her paw to lick drops from there. Water is probably about her third-favorite amusement. But I love seeing cats like yours that really enjoy playing with it. :)

Do they like it so much that they'd actually swim or get in on purpose? Or just play with it in small amounts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Claudia Zimmer

Jun 5, 2018
Rheinland-Pfalz
Visit site
✟9,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They don't like too much water. Only when they were young they walked in shallow water.

Your cat is so similar to Chantal :) they would be good friends. She is allergic, too. Her skin turns red if she eats someting wrong (which is almost everything). After years of try and error I found 2 sorts of food that are ok for her.

I can't stand the thought of loosing them either. But if I will loose them sometime in the future I will know that I enjoyed them every day and cared for them the best way I could. I even asked Jesus to take them to Heaven also. A silly question :)

You do the best thing for your cat when you keep her active and provide good food. I hope she will live for many more years.

The boy likes chasing me. He hides behind a wall and then jumps at my legs and I fall under the weight of his 4,5 kg. He seems to smile then and the game starts again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They don't like too much water. Only when they were young they walked in shallow water.

Your cat is so similar to Chantal :) they would be good friends. She is allergic, too. Her skin turns red if she eats someting wrong (which is almost everything). After years of try and error I found 2 sorts of food that are ok for her.

I can't stand the thought of loosing them either. But if I will loose them sometime in the future I will know that I enjoyed them every day and cared for them the best way I could. I even asked Jesus to take them to Heaven also. A silly question :)

You do the best thing for your cat when you keep her active and provide good food. I hope she will live for many more years.

The boy likes chasing me. He hides behind a wall and then jumps at my legs and I fall under the weight of his 4,5 kg. He seems to smile then and the game starts again.
Awwwww. :)

I used to have a cat that played like that. He was found by my daughter ... she swore she heard a kitten in the woods and went in after him. After much coaxing he came out. He was very young. I had to get a tiny bottle and feed him, and mix special milk for him, but thankfully he survived. I had some farm animals and he used to go with me when I did my chores. He went ahead where he knew I would come and hid, then when I came by he would run out, dancing on his hind legs, and tackle me with the front ones. He was my buddy. :) I used to put up the animals at night, and he would sit on top of the clothesline pole and watch. Then I'd call him down and hug him while I said an evening prayer and thank God for him and for my life and all He blessed me with. I was so sad when he died at only about 2 years old. I think it was from the additives we were getting in pet food from China - many pets died then. :(

I have prayed too for God to receive my pets into heaven. I want them to be with me in eternity. I don't know if that's possible or not, but I have asked. I know they don't have same kinds of souls/spirits as we do, but I hope anyway. :) Nothing is too hard for Him, after all. :)

I'm glad you found foods that Chantal does well on. I have to be careful with that too. And yes, we do the best we can, and we love them, and take care of them. I've lost other pets that were great companions, and it's always hard. I think maybe it gets harder. I had a dog (German Shepherd) that was my constant companion for 12 years, and he died 6 months after my daughter was born. That broke my heart, but I was very busy with my daughter. My cat now is such a constant companion and has nursed me through sickness and severe difficulty and offered so much comfort - I guess I just hope too that she stays healthy and lives much longer. Cats sometimes can. :)

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kitten, but the picture is from last year.
Well it's so cute! I realized when I read the comment about a handsome fellow I'm just assuming female. I guess I often assume cats are female if I can't tell, especially if they have long hair. Just a weird prejudice of mine I guess. :)

• Haha
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Claudia Zimmer

Jun 5, 2018
Rheinland-Pfalz
Visit site
✟9,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
oh no, the food became poison, this poor little kitten! And the chinese still sell food. That's not fair.

Pets show God's character in very special way. Sometimes I feel God lets them fall out of heaven to let us know how he loves us. Like pets he simply enjoys being around us, without judging and asking about our position in society. Of cause he is God and the Lord and Saviour, there is a difference - but sweetness and kindness are his.

Good to hear that your cat comforts you if you need it and she made your suffering a little easier.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Anastasia, your cat is delivering a speech. Have you seen that? :) I have turned the photo around where she is lieing on the bed and you clearly see how she is speaking about important things.
LOL! You don't know how right you are!

My cat "talks" ... a LOT. She has different sounds, different voices. She is very good at telling me what she wants, and I almost always go along, so we've made lots of little games and routines. She uses eyes, ears, tail too. It's almost like talking. And she does have a lot to say and opinions about everything. She can be a little grumpy and picky too. But I love her so much I let her be that way.

But yes, she was "talking" at that moment. I think if I remember it was probably exactly how and where she wanted to be petted right at that minute. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This picture was taken in 2014 right before i got Dizzy Lizzy. She's a stellar "mouser". :)

191303_33e2e2e470effa503e81dc0f2aaa7af1.jpg
Oh she's a pretty little thing. She looks quite intense with her prey too lol.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Oh, that kitty is adorable! Is it a kitten or does she just look small in that picture?
Here she is enjoying the afternoon sun, just yesterday.

IMG_3525 (2).JPG

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Some of my favorite pics of mine past and present... ^^ around the names mean I had suffered their loss (past) and their bio pages on my website. I warn you in advance, many of the bios may make you tear up. Nova and Electra have been in the Cat a Day calendars too. The final is not an image, just a link to the bio of ALeC. Yes the name is spelled with the cases like that, read the bio to see why and have a tissue handy.

I cannot imagine my life without little fur friends in it. Sadly we are now gearing up for the loss of Orion and Apollo and I suspect O will be this year from this cancer. :( I am not looking forward to going through the pain again, but with 4 cats that are 15 and 16 we will have 2 clumps of losses and my heard will have to break 4 times. In 2004 we lost THREE in a month, ^Itchy^ on May 12, ^Electra^ on the 27th and ^Copycat^ on the 29th. That was a hard month and I was broken by the end of it. Nothing could have prepared me for my loss of ^Hamlet^ though, my first and soul cat. Ahh, but I digress. Below are some images and links to their bios. ;)

(my soul cat ^Hamlet^ - Bio: www.coolcybercats.com/bios/Hamlet)
LetMeRelax.jpg

Hamlet1.jpg

Hamlet2.jpg

(My sweet ^Itchy^ - Bio: http://www.coolcybercats.com/bios/Itchy)
ItchyStandsCounter2.jpg
FPItchy.jpg

(^Leo^ - he is also my member image here - Bio: http://www.coolcybercats.com/bios/Leo)
Going4AWalk.jpg
BeanBag.jpg

CONTINUES---
***It seems this site wants messages with no more than 10 images, so I am posting the remainder of this post in a new message after this one****

Upvote 0