Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm speaking of Trudeau when I say that he is not a narcissist, yes.

Surely you were not denigrating our President and/or calling him names, were you?

That would be most unfriendly and un-genteel of you, Kiterius.

Are we not friends?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We will be soon due to America's unfair trade tariffs on Canada.

Aaaah, i thought, to be honest, that Canada already had a seething loathing for America.

Your honesty backs up the general sentiment of hatred that Canadians apparently harbors towards Americans.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiterius
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread is for those that think we should hate our own country. I know a lot of you go by the Bible alone so if you would kindly show me the chapter and verse where we are told to hate our country. I do not desire your interpretation but the exact book, chapter, and verse please. Thank you

If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. ~Luke 14:26

denial of self is at the forefront of the gospel so whatever is a part of our life or whatever defines us in terms of earthly qualities we are called to deny to follow Christ. You may write this off as an interpretation but doing so would be irresponsible as this is the logic of the verse not it's interpretation.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. ~Luke 14:26

denial of self is at the forefront of the gospel so whatever is a part of our life or whatever defines us in terms of earthly qualities we are called to deny to follow Christ. You may write this off as an interpretation but doing so would be irresponsible as this is the logic of the verse not it's interpretation.

"Hate" as in "despising" in one's heart?

You might want to tread lightly, Damian.

"Hatred", in human terms, is a sin.

Is that what you are referring to Damian?

A partial definition of "hatred": intense dislike or extreme aversion or hostility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Hate" as in "despising" in one's heart?

You might want to tread lightly, Damian.

"Hatred", in human terms, is a sin.

Is that what you are referring to Damian?

A partial definition of "hatred": intense dislike or extreme aversion or hostility.
Christ's words not mine. I even lighten up the language speaking of denial of self but I can't change Christ' words

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This was written 45 years ago by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian. It was later recorded by Byron MacGreagor, another Canadian:

An American response was released by Charles Ashman:

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have not seen anyone here who said rhat they hate their country. That claim is false.

I never said that what I said was that there are those who said that we must hate our country because we are Christians and there in a thread in GT were people are arguing that. Somebody from Canada said we have to hate America because we are Christians in that thread.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I will write it off because absolutely no one can show any verse that says we must hate our country. All we have is a bunch of interpretations but nothing really concrete. So I am still going to love America

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We need to pray for our president and each other, whether American or Canadian or whatever. We are citizens of Heaven, but we are called to be a people of prayer in times of trial and uncertainty. America is going through a trial right now, and many are confused and want to point fingers.

"But God works everything together for the good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

I am proud to be an American Christian. I don't understand politics. But I do understand prayer. We need to pray for our president and leaders. God works in peoples' hearts.
Prayer is soooo important! :)

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We will be soon due to America's unfair trade tariffs on Canada.

It is long overdue, it is time America stopped being a foot mat for the world and started demanding better treatment. Counties have taken advantage of America in trade and now that we have a good President who wants to fix America, getting taken advantage of in trade by other countries will end. It is high time other countries pay their own way.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This was written 45 years ago by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian. It was later recorded by Byron MacGreagor, another Canadian:

Thank you Gordon Sinclair, and Byron MacGreagor, and Archivist for posting these videos.

And a thank you to Charles Ashman too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Thank you Archivist. I found this too. (You have blessed me BIG TIME).

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Again these are Christ's words so you will have to ask him.

I'm asking you. You emphasized "hate", did you not?

It is also written that if one does not care for their children and family they are worse than an infidel. It is also written that a husband is to love his wife like Christ loves the Church, to the extent that hge is willing to lay his life down for her.

When Jesus was dying on the cross, He told John to care for His mother so that she would be taken care of as long as she lived.

Since you mentioned "hate", let's examine what Jesus meant by "hate", shall we?

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will write it off because absolutely no one can show any verse that says we must hate our country. All we have is a bunch of interpretations but nothing really concrete. So I am still going to love America
Your faith will be pretty limited if you can only accept that which is explicitly stated. Regardless the text says to deny self which includes our patriotic identity or any earthy identity.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm asking you. You emphasized "hate", did you not?

It is also written that if one does not care for their children and family they are worse than an infidel. It is also written that a husband is to love his wife like Christ loves the Church, to the extent that hge is willing to lay his life down for her.

When Jesus was dying on the cross, He told John to care for His mother so that she would be taken care of as long as she lived.

Since you mentioned "hate", let's examine what Jesus meant by "hate", shall we?
Christ emphasized hate, the language I used was denial of self.

Upvote 0