The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When God saves, he saves. He doesn't go part way and expect the person he's saving to go the other part way. He doesn't throw a life preserver. He jumps in the water and actually saves the person.

We aren't talking about salvation here, correct?
I respectfully disagree with you.

And a federal leader who isn't a narcissist.

Yep, Trudeau is a great Christian example

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We aren't talking about salvation here, correct?
I respectfully disagree with you.

Yep, Trudeau is a great Christian example

He has a few flaws as we all do. Then again, he has never separated thousands of children from their parents.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No it doesn't mean that. It also doesn't mean we complain or show discontentment with what God has provided. The apostles teach us to pray for all things and to be thankful in everything. Jesus says to take no thought for your life because God will take care of us. Politicians do not follow that path. Do they? Do they teach us that way? No, so how is following them a good idea?

Never said anything about following politicians. Nor about not being satisfied with what God provides us. All I was trying to say is that one can be a patriot and proud of their country.
Does God not raise up kings and make kings fall?

God Bless you, have a good night.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And a federal leader who isn't a narcissist.
Trust me, we don't all like Trump either. As a matter of fact we will trade you, we'll even through in the Red Wings.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Never said anything about following politicians. Nor about not being satisfied with what God provides us. All I was trying to say is that one can be a patriot and proud of their country.
Does God not raise up kings and make kings fall?

God Bless you, have a good night.
Good night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible doesn't teach that you should hate your country. The premiering the OP is an absurdity.

I believe the OP may have gotten those sentiments from some other threads centering on the 4th of July celebrations.

That is right there were people that said that we should hate our country and pretty much hate everything if we are Christians.

• Winner
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is right there were people that said that we should hate our country and pretty much hate everything if we are Christians.
Which is nonsense, even when Israel and Judea were on the brink of invasion and conquest by divine Oracle's over at least a hundred years, God never told them to lose their loyalty to the core that was their nation. The OP is an absurdity.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We need to pray for our president and each other, whether American or Canadian or whatever. We are citizens of Heaven, but we are called to be a people of prayer in times of trial and uncertainty. America is going through a trial right now, and many are confused and want to point fingers.

"But God works everything together for the good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

I am proud to be an American Christian. I don't understand politics. But I do understand prayer. We need to pray for our president and leaders. God works in peoples' hearts.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not seen anyone here who said rhat they hate their country. That claim is false.

But the Lord God says that you shall have no other God(s) before Him. And I respectfully suggest that you read the Book of Jeremiah to see what happened to Israel when they ignored this commandment.

• Agree
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I have not seen anyone here who said rhat they hate their country. That claim is false.

But the Lord God says that you shall have no other God(s) before Him. And I respectfully suggest that you read the Book of Jeremiah to see what happened to Israel when they ignored this commandment.
Reverend Wright.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God promised to take care of us. Correct?

Why then do we need to make america great again? Is Gods provision not enough for us? Are we not saying that God has forsaken us? After all, its He who supplies our needs, not man, so when we are discontent its God who we are discontent with. So what gives us the right to be discontent with what God has provided?

I think God also expects us to be good stewards of what we have and that would include our country. We know that he expects people to have countries or he wouldn't have provided them with them.

Genesis 15:18 declares to Abraham, “To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates.” God later confirms this promise to Abraham’s son Isaac and Isaac’s son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel). When the Israelites were about to invade the Promised Land, God reiterated the land promise, as recorded in Joshua 1:4, “Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Great Sea on the west.”

Likewise I believe we Americans are given a great nation that has remained a great nation so long as we are good stewards of it to God's glory. When there are no longer enough of us who understand that, I expect it to become another tired, worn, troubled place on the planet unworthy of anybody's love.

I think my sig line sums it up pretty well.

• Winner
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread is for those that think we should hate our own country. I know a lot of you go by the Bible alone so if you would kindly show me the chapter and verse where we are told to hate our country. I do not desire your interpretation but the exact book, chapter, and verse please. Thank you
You wanted scripture to say "hate your country"? Well you won't find any. Or none that uses that phrase anyway. But there is scripture warning against trusting leaders.

Psalms 146:1 Alleluia! Praise the Lord , my soul! 2 I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to God while I live 3 Do not put your trust in princes, in a great one, who cannot save. 4 No sooner than his spirit has left and he goes back to the dust of the earth then, on that very day, all of his plans come to nothing. 5 Blessed are they whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God, 6 maker of heaven and earth, the sea and all they contain. The Lord is forever faithful; 7 he gives justice to the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free. 8a The Lord gives sight to the blind; the Lord straightens the bent. 9 The Lord protects the stranger; sustains the widow and the orphan. 8b The Lord loves the virtuous; but he brings to ruin the way of the wicked. 10 The Lord will reign forever, your God, O Zion, from generation to generation. Alleluia!

Upvote 0