Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is a two way street. You have just as much of a burden to produce evidence as I do

Nope, sorry. Only you have a burden of evidence when it comes to the claims you are making.

So you need to start producing. Standing there barking orders at people is not going to get you anywhere when you yourself have a job to do.

People need to quit being derelict in their duty and assume the responsibility they are given. Clearly we are told: "From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and from him who has been entrusted with much, even more will be demanded." Luke 12:48

Quoting the bible to atheists is an exercise in futility.

Now, about that evidence in support of your claims.... got any?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nope - nothing yet. Are you sure you prayed to the right god??

You posted that message 4 minutes after bhsmte told you to wait for 5 minutes.
Therefor, you jinxed it. Now it won't work anymore because you have engaged in the sin of impatience.

Tough luck!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Care to actually answer my question though?
I did and the answer is NO. Severed body parts can be re attached but they do not grow back again. Matthew 22:29 "Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God." When skin is cut it forms scar tissue. Is that what you were thinking that some sort of scar tissue could re attach a severed limb? Or did you want to get into a discussion on: 1Peter2:24 "By his wounds you are healed." In Luke chapter 6 there was a withered limb that Jesus restored. Of course withered is not the same as severed.

What is cut off is not restored so much as reattached. Limbs of a tree can be cut off and reattached but they do not regenerate themselves. The tree just grows new limbs to replace the limbs that were severed. Any limb that does not produce fruit is thrown into the fire. John 15:6 "If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned."

Clearly like the limb on a tree our life comes from God. If we are severed from God we need to be reattached or we will be thrown into the fire and perish.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed it is. So why do you treat it as one way?
Because you treat it as a one way street expecting us to do everything while you do nothing. Even if WE do not hold YOU accountable God will still hold everyone accountable.

Upvote 0

tyke

Aug 15, 2015
✟144,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Severed body parts can be re attached but they do not grow back again. Matthew 22:29 "Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God."

Now you are putting limits on god's power??

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And I was soooo looking forward to my new foot! Oh well.

We all are looking forward to what is in the future.

Some with Joy and Peace, some with troubles and pain, some with faith in Yahweh, some with faith in mankind, some with faith in the devil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No opinion needed.
The operation manual for "Christians" ('true' "Christians") explains it very well.

Ok. So what is that explanation?

fwiw, "many" are not needed. (and more often 'many' are 'wrong')
It is unlikely someone can find the reports, but if you can, there were instances miracles happened when "one" faithful man spoke or prayed. It wasn't done for publicity, nor for fame or money.

But I guess that miracle wasn't about a missing limb growing back?
Since you just said that such a thing can't happen.

I'm still awaiting the explanation for why it can't happen.
So what kind of "miracles" are you talking about here then?
There's no need to get into specifics. Just overall, what are we talking about?

Tumors shrinking or going away?
What?

I'll be open here and immediatly pop the next obvious question: so why did your god choose to answer that prayer for that insignificant person, while hundreds of thousands of children suffer and die every day in agony from parasites, horrible deseases, cancer, famine, etc... plenty of which, likely most of which actually, have plenty of friends and family praying, BEGGING, their god for miracle cures etc.?

And why is it that this God's miracles always seem to only be able to do those things which occur naturally anyway? Like cancer going away versus going in spontanous remission and stuff?

Why is it that these miracles never seem to do something truelly verifiably impossible, like making limbs grow back?

From a miracle, an act from the most powerful entity out there, I'ld expect something more impressive then a thing that nature does by itself all the time....

Even with miracles, most people still don't believe, so what's the point anyway?

I'ld happily accept that there is some entity answering prayers, if prayer could make limbs grow back.

The problem with the claimed "miracles" out there is that they are either obvious hoaxes, or they are just rare events that happen all the time anyway.

Calling things a "miracle", doesn't make it inherently miraculous.

I can call my 2-year old son a "miracle of nature", but the fact is that billions of humans have been born for the last several million years and it is not that special.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I was soooo looking forward to my new foot! Oh well.
Be grateful you only lost a foot. In this day and age people are lucky if they have one limb left. It is common to lose three limbs in today's political climate. Of course you will dance in Heaven and your foot will be restored there. We will all be fully restored in Heaven. What we consider loss here we will gain back there.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Because you treat it as a one way street expecting us to do everything while you do nothing. Even if WE do not hold YOU accountable God will still hold everyone accountable.
Really? When have I refused to support my claims?

It is patently obvious that you actually have nothing. Please stop with the dishonesty and just admit it or prove me wrong.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because you treat it as a one way street expecting us to do everything while you do nothing

In a context where you are making the claims, it is indeed you who needs to do all the work to support such claims.

Even if WE do not hold YOU accountable God will still hold everyone accountable.

Stop preaching and start supporting your claims.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tyke

Aug 15, 2015
✟144,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Of course you will dance in Heaven and your foot will be restored there. We will all be fully restored in Heaven. What we consider loss here we will gain back there.

These platitudes didn't work when I was 10.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what kind of "miracles" are you talking about here then?
You are correct a miracle is a restoration. Even if we are cut off from
God we can be restored to a right relationship with God when we are reattached to Him. The unproductive limb is cast into the fire and God will attach a limb from a wild tree to the tree that is cultivated. As gentiles we are adopted into the family of God.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These platitudes didn't work when I was 10.
I know a girl with brittle bone disease and that is a big dream for her when she will dance in Heaven. So really I was thinking about her and people like her that rejoice in this.

Reminds me of a patient my dad took us to see when I was a child. He had polio and his whole body was withered. Only his head was normal. Sort of strange like the body of a three year old and the head of an adult.

My dad was VERY impressed with him and his family and that is why the boy with the withered body was held up as an example to us. They were very happy people and they had a very good attitude even with all of their adversity.

I had a friend that lost a leg to a claymore mine. He use to go to a support group at the veterans and he was concerned about the people in the group that did not have God to help them deal with the loss of their limb. He felt like he was better equipped to deal with his loss though the church compared to what science had to offer him. People can deny themselves the comfort that God has for them if they want. He does not always deliver us from adversity, sometimes He gives us the strength to go through adversity so we can learn and grow and be stronger because of what we have had to endure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0