Shouldn’t euthanasia be compulsory for sick old people?

Shouldn’t euthanasia be compulsory for sick old people?

• Yes euthanasia should be compulsory for sick old people.

• euthanasia shouldn’t be compulsory for sick old people.

• euthanasia should be compulsory for everyone, beyond medical help.

• euthanasia should be optional for everyone.

• don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Shouldn’t Euthanasia be used on sick old people in order to relieve pain and suffering?

When euthanasia becomes mandatory, it's just murder.

Because if it isn’t, evil to kill healthy babies about to be born, then
why shouldn’t doctors be allowed to kill sick old people in order to relieve pain and suffering?

Old people were actually born.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it should be optional for everyone because that is the natural outcome of existing as a creature and being free to act. forcing others to obey the whims of random people is not moral.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shouldn’t Euthanasia be used on sick old people in order to relieve pain and suffering?
And if that person is not a born again believer, you take them from a low degree of "pain and suffering" into an infinitely greater degree of that once they die.

Mark 9:43
If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire, 44 [where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.] 45 If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell, 46 [where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.] 47 If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell, 48 where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.

Revelation 14:11a
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night,​

Upvote 0

Earatha

Feb 26, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
✟34,390.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Mandatory euthanasia is murder. A person has a right to make their own choice and control their own body.

I have made my advance directive. If in the event of severe trauma I have opted out of extreme medical intervention in favor of pain management and hospice care. I have made that choice for myself, as is my right. If the time comes when right to die laws in this state and I get a terminal diagnosis I intend to take advantage in order to minimize my own suffering. But the choice is mine.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mandatory euthanasia is murder. A person has a right to make their own choice and control their own body.

I have made my advance directive.
My son married the daughter of friends of ours. One day a few years ago we were all sitting around the table for some holiday meal discussing this very issue, and son's MIL spoke up that she wanted to get a large "DNR" (do not resuscitate) tattooed on her chest so there would be no question if she was unable to respond.

So I asked her why she wanted them to consult with the Department of Natural Resources???? That was the biggest joke of the evening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Why dont we just euthanize everyone and be done with it.

Abort the babies.. kill the old people.

God no longer decides the days that you live and the day that you die... It is now in man's hands... or Satan's... not really sure.

But perhaps I am not a perfect person capable of deciding who should live, and who should die.

Excuse me as I quietly exit your thread.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God no longer decides the days that you live and the day that you die... It is now in man's hands...
I do hope you have an exstensive DNR to avoid the day of your death being placed in mans hands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums