Shouldn’t euthanasia be compulsory for sick old people?

Shouldn’t euthanasia be compulsory for sick old people?

• Yes euthanasia should be compulsory for sick old people.

• euthanasia shouldn’t be compulsory for sick old people.

• euthanasia should be compulsory for everyone, beyond medical help.

• euthanasia should be optional for everyone.

• don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
G

gattaca

Shouldn’t Euthanasia be used on sick old people in order to relieve pain and suffering?

Because if it isn’t, evil to kill healthy babies about to be born, then

why shouldn’t doctors be allowed to kill sick old people in order to relieve pain and suffering?

whats your preference a world full of healthy babies or a world full of sick old people?

fetus.jpg

savile_main_1604532a.jpg

Last edited:

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a child-like presentation of abortion, euthanasia, and utilitarianism. Either:

1) You're trying to rile people up,

or

2) you have no actual understanding of the reasoning behind the topic.

Upvote 0
G

gattaca

This is a child-like presentation of abortion, euthanasia, and utilitarianism. Either:

1) You're trying to rile people up,

or

2) you have no actual understanding of the reasoning behind the topic.

then why don't you explain the reasoning behind the topic to me so i can actually understand it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Shouldn’t Euthanasia be used on sick old people in order to relieve pain and suffering?

Because if it isn’t, evil to kill healthy babies about to be born, then

why shouldn’t doctors be allowed to kill sick old people in order to relieve pain and suffering?

whats your preference a world full of healthy babies or a world full of sick old people?

fetus.jpg

savile_main_1604532a.jpg

In the vast majority of people who are terminally ill, they can be treated in such a way where they are kept comfortable, without pain and live out their final weeks or months in peace, without needing to intentionally kill them.

Ever heard of hospice care? It is very inexpensive to treat people on hospice and they die with some dignity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SaphireOwl

Who are you?Whoo whoo whoo whoo! Yeah, I know
May 15, 2014
✟1,488.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Praying%20for%20you%20pic%20in%20Purple.jpg

:( I think we should consider all the points that show us who this is posting this poll. They identify their mood as aggressive.

And they selected the Jewish faith symbol, which can be changed at will in a members control panel, and then proceed to speak about euthanasia of the elderly in the same way that Hitler did in his day.

Especially troubling is that a Jew would ask this poll question given the history of Hitler's euthanasia programs, that someone would think would be abhorrent to them enough in at least recollecting that history so as to not ever pose a poll question of this nature.

Further, this question is inflammatory as well as demonstrably ignorant of how elective abortion differs from their proposition of compulsory euthanasia of the elderly.

Rather than give this thread what it asks for in invoking the reportable trolling spirit, or assailing the poster themselves, we as Christians should hold this hurting individual up in prayer in the hope that God almighty will bring peace to the pain that caused them to bring a post like this to life here. :groupray:

Upvote 0
G

gattaca

I think we should consider all the points that show us who this is posting this poll. They identify their mood as aggressive.

And they selected the Jewish faith symbol, which can be changed at will in a members control panel, and then proceed to speak about euthanasia of the elderly in the same way that Hitler did in his day.

Especially troubling is that a Jew would ask this poll question given the history of Hitler's euthanasia programs, that someone would think would be abhorrent to them enough in at least recollecting that history so as to not ever pose a poll question of this nature.

Further, this question is inflammatory as well as demonstrably ignorant of how elective abortion differs from their proposition of compulsory euthanasia of the elderly.

Rather than give this thread what it asks for in invoking the reportable trolling spirit, or assailing the poster themselves, we as Christians should hold this hurting individual up in prayer in the hope that God almighty will bring peace to the pain that caused them to bring a post like this to life here.

but we have had euthanasia in Israel since 2005

Israelis to be allowed euthanasia by machine - Telegraph

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
While I happen to oppose both ACTIVE euthanasia and abortion. I think part of it is whether or not unborn babies are CONSIDERED humans at all ( particularly in early term abortions. That and the older people have proven themselves they have ( most of the time) pulled their weight at one time or another; that and an older person can usually either verbalize that they want or do not want treatment or have family that do it for them as well as sometimes have WRITTEN instructions as to treatment they want or do not want and if done while that person was of sound mind that then becomes both immoral AND illegal to not follow that legal document.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I happen to oppose both ACTIVE euthanasia and abortion. I think part of it is whether or not unborn babies are CONSIDERED humans at all ( particularly in early term abortions. That and the older people have proven themselves they have ( most of the time) pulled their weight at one time or another; that and an older person can usually either verbalize that they want or do not want treatment or have family that do it for them as well as sometimes have WRITTEN instructions as to treatment they want or do not want and if done while that person was of sound mind that then becomes both immoral AND illegal to not follow that legal document.

I agree that if someone doesn't want extra measures taken to prolong their lives, then they have that right, without question. That's not euthanasia, though.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree that if someone doesn't want extra measures taken to prolong their lives, then they have that right, without question. That's not euthanasia, though.
Thus if someone WANTS to be kept alive ( within reason) this mostly relates to life support then they have that right as well; though I would hope that most adults would know when they need to let go.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since when was abortion compulsory?

Since when has anyone ever argued it should be?
In this particular thread it was not. What the OP is basically asking is why is it that abortion is considered so acceptable and yet in most states euthanasia ( true euthanasia) Not just refusing treatment is considered illegal to the point that even if a person consents the person who gave the drugs can face murder charges.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0