Should you fight for someone or should you let them go?

Goddey

May 13, 2017
Virginia
✟8,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In a world such as this where people come and go out of each other's lives when is it okay to put your foot down and say enough is enough? When do you stand against whatever is making you lose friends and loved ones? How many times are we to just let people walk out of our lives? Do we blame it on them and say 'if they don't value you let them go'? Or do we try to strive for our loved ones? How about when you may be the cause of why they left to begin with? Whether it was your lack of appreciation towards them or you not seeing whom they were when they were around. If you receive a revelation and decide to take them serious and get them back in your life is it your fault at that point? Is it a matter of you should've realized what you had while you had it and now it's too late, or should you keep praying and fighting for the person to develop a forgiving heart towards you?
I am curious.

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gosh, I guess I am a good person to answer this thread. I guess you could say I fought for someone, but the thing is, he let me go a long time ago and I didn't even know it!

So, no matter how much you love someone, if the person doesn't want you in their life, there is not anything you can do about it.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, people can't forgive you.

You can pray that the person might forgive you, but it might never happen. I prayed for over a year now, that I might be forgiven. Sometimes, I thought I was forgiven, and other times very much unforgiven.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with Galatea, in that sometimes it will do no good, but maybe the best way to find that out is to fight. Better safe than sorry?

Then there is the fact there are clues to tell you one way or another if it's worth it but unless you are certain those clues mean what you think, don't rely too much on them.

You fight, you lose, you know you did your best no question, you don't, then you don't know. Also, know when to say when.

Upvote 0

twinserk

Apr 16, 2011
South
✟31,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If you love them, then fight for them.

If they left because of the way you treated them, then you should get off your butt, throw away your excuses, become a better version of yourself, and then do whatever it takes to get a second chance, and treat them better.

But sometimes, however much we try, those we love don't respond. At some point, you have to walk away. Not because you don't care, but because they don't. All you can do is give 110%, and hope that they respond to your efforts.

Upvote 0

ceno101

Nov 1, 2017
Buford, GA
✟15,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We cant control anybody. I agree with all of the answer
In a world such as this where people come and go out of each other's lives when is it okay to put your foot down and say enough is enough? When do you stand against whatever is making you lose friends and loved ones? How many times are we to just let people walk out of our lives? Do we blame it on them and say 'if they don't value you let them go'? Or do we try to strive for our loved ones? How about when you may be the cause of why they left to begin with? Whether it was your lack of appreciation towards them or you not seeing whom they were when they were around. If you receive a revelation and decide to take them serious and get them back in your life is it your fault at that point? Is it a matter of you should've realized what you had while you had it and now it's too late, or should you keep praying and fighting for the person to develop a forgiving heart towards you?
I am curious.

I agree with all of the answers above. We cant control anyone. Jesus himself had 70 something disciples (faithful followers) the deeper He got about who He was, the number went to 12, then He said, "You guys down too leave too?".
For short, From personal experience in this season of my life, I believe it is important to love and also understand that if the other person wants to leave or times just change, let go and trust God. Allow the grieving process, pray and heal, and understand that God has created an abundant universe. You will meet new people, a new lover, people who love you for who you are in your season of life. Sometimes, its not even our fault ppl leave, they are dealing with their own stuff. Take nothing personal but unless you are married to the person, trust the process and don't be afraid of what you cannot control. Let go...

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We cant control anybody. I agree with all of the answer

I agree with all of the answers above. We cant control anyone. Jesus himself had 70 something disciples (faithful followers) the deeper He got about who He was, the number went to 12, then He said, "You guys down too leave too?".
For short, From personal experience in this season of my life, I believe it is important to love and also understand that if the other person wants to leave or times just change, let go and trust God. Allow the grieving process, pray and heal, and understand that God has created an abundant universe. You will meet new people, a new lover, people who love you for who you are in your season of life. Sometimes, its not even our fault ppl leave, they are dealing with their own stuff. Take nothing personal but unless you are married to the person, trust the process and don't be afraid of what you cannot control. Let go...
No, you can not control other people. If a person has let go of any expectation of love being requited, yet the person refuses to move on, but would rather carry a torch for the one that got away, it is the person’s prerogative.

The lover says “I realize you do not love me romantically. I have let you go.” This does not mean the lover stops loving. Perhaps the person would rather just dream about what might have been rather than look for someone new.

It has no bearing on the loved. The loved can go away and live life and be happy, the loved does not have to be friends with the lover out of compassion or pity- not moving forward until the lover is where the loved one thinks the lover should be in life. If the lover retreats, it is not incumbent upon the loved to try to make the lover get well.

The loved should feel absolutely no guilt or sense of responsibilty.

Upvote 0