Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Numbers 15:37-40

Complete Jewish Bible

(Maftir) 37 Adonai said to Moshe, 38 “Speak to the people of Isra’el, instructing them to make, through all their generations, tzitziyot on the corners of their garments, and to put with the tzitzit on each corner a blue thread. 39 It is to be a tzitzit for you to look at and thereby remember all of Adonai’s mitzvot and obey them, so that you won’t go around wherever your own heart and eyes lead you to prostitute yourselves; 40 but it will help you remember and obey all my mitzvot and be holy for your God.

Deuteronomy 22:12

Complete Jewish Bible

12 “You are to make for yourself twisted cords on the four corners of the garment you wrap around yourself.

Preliminary questions for consideration:

Are women included in the people of Israel?
Are women required to remember the mitzvot?
Do the translations that I've presented capture the intent of the original text?

Which lead us to...

The ultimate question:

Should Women Wear Tzitzit?

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Numbers 15:37-40

Complete Jewish Bible

(Maftir) 37 Adonai said to Moshe, 38 “Speak to the people of Isra’el, instructing them to make, through all their generations, tzitziyot on the corners of their garments, and to put with the tzitzit on each corner a blue thread. 39 It is to be a tzitzit for you to look at and thereby remember all of Adonai’s mitzvot and obey them, so that you won’t go around wherever your own heart and eyes lead you to prostitute yourselves; 40 but it will help you remember and obey all my mitzvot and be holy for your God.

Deuteronomy 22:12

Complete Jewish Bible

12 “You are to make for yourself twisted cords on the four corners of the garment you wrap around yourself.

Preliminary questions for consideration:

Are women included in the people of Israel?
Are women required to remember the mitzvot?
Do the translations that I've presented capture the intent of the original text?

Which lead us to...

The ultimate question:

Should Women Wear Tzitzit?
If you understand the original Hebrew language of the text you will see it says Beni Yisrael, which means specifically sons. It doesn't say yelidim to indicate children, nor does it say beni v'beniot to include daughters. It specifically states that it's the sons of Yisrael that are commended to do so.

לח דַּבֵּר אֶל-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, וְאָמַרְתָּ אֲלֵהֶם, וְעָשׂוּ לָהֶם צִיצִת עַל-כַּנְפֵי בִגְדֵיהֶם, לְדֹרֹתָם; וְנָתְנוּ עַל-צִיצִת הַכָּנָף, פְּתִיל תְּכֵלֶת. 38 'Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them throughout their generations fringes in the corners of their garments, and that they put with the fringe of each corner a thread of blue.

Debar beni, specifically, speak to the sons of Yisrael and tell them. L'chem, again a masculine reference.

• Prayers
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
OK, let's look at this from a literal translation.

Let's see if this logic and hermeneutics will prevail as a viable standard to interpret scripture.

(CLV) Lv 11:2
Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, These are the animals which you may eat of all the beasts which are on the land:

Are women exempt from the dietary laws?

(CLV) Lv 18:1
Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying:

(CLV) Lv 18:2
Speak to the sons of Israel, and you will say to them, I, Yahweh, am your Elohim.

Are women exempt from laws of sexual immorality?

Let's look at a passage from the OP in more detail:

(CLV) Num 15:37

(CLV) Num 15:38
Speak to the sons of Israel, and you will say to them that they make for themselves tassels on the hems of their garments throughout their generations and put blue twine on the tassels of the hem.

(CLV) Num 15:39
You will come to have a tassel so that you will see it, and you will remember all the instructions of Yahweh and observe them, and you shall not explore after your heart and after your eyes after which you are prostituting;

(CLV) Num 15:40
it is so that you may remember and observe all My instructions and become holy to your Elohim.

Are women exempt from all of YHWH's instructions? If not; how can they tell which ones they should observe?

• Useful
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you understand the original Hebrew language of the text you will see it says Beni Yisrael, which means specifically sons. It doesn't say yelidim to indicate children, nor does it say beni v'beniot to include daughters. It specifically states that it's the sons of Yisrael that are commended to do so.

לח דַּבֵּר אֶל-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, וְאָמַרְתָּ אֲלֵהֶם, וְעָשׂוּ לָהֶם צִיצִת עַל-כַּנְפֵי בִגְדֵיהֶם, לְדֹרֹתָם; וְנָתְנוּ עַל-צִיצִת הַכָּנָף, פְּתִיל תְּכֵלֶת. 38 'Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them throughout their generations fringes in the corners of their garments, and that they put with the fringe of each corner a thread of blue.

Debar beni, specifically, speak to the sons of Yisrael and tell them. L'chem, again a masculine reference.
Love the word commended that was spoken

Reactions: TreWalker
Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think somethings are for men and not women. Tzit tzits are for men. I don't mind it at all in fact I would like it if my future husband wore tzit tzits. :)

May HaShem bless you with a good and upright man.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think somethings are for men and not women. Tzit tzits are for men. I don't mind it at all in fact I would like it if my future husband wore tzit tzits. :)
Man and woman are one, echad. Like HaShem and Moshiach, and Moshiach and Yisrael.

Like a body we have different parts. It's not that the hand is exempt from walking, or the feet are exempt from holding onto something. Sure I suppose you could make that work for you in a pinch. But they are not made or those things. Eyes do not hear, ears do not see, mouths do not listen and ears do not speak. In many ways they can not. And it is just as hard for a woman to observe that which was given to the man.

We are one, and the man is called to do for the family so the woman and children can have their needs. The same with Moshaich. He is called to do for the body so the members can have their needs met. Adonai Yeshua is the Son (beni) who provides all our family needs. He brings from HaShem and gives to us what we can not provide for ourselves.

The woman in child bearing brings to us men what we an not bring to the world ourselves. Babies. The woman has certain commands regarding nidah that not only do not, but can not apply to men. Likewise there are commands of HaShem that do not apply to women.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK, let's look at this from a literal translation.

Let's see if this logic and hermeneutics will prevail as a viable standard to interpret scripture.

(CLV) Lv 11:2
Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, These are the animals which you may eat of all the beasts which are on the land:

Are women exempt from the dietary laws?

(CLV) Lv 18:1

(CLV) Lv 18:2
Speak to the sons of Israel, and you will say to them, I, Yahweh, am your Elohim.

Are women exempt from laws of sexual immorality?

Let's look at a passage from the OP in more detail:

(CLV) Num 15:37

(CLV) Num 15:38
Speak to the sons of Israel, and you will say to them that they make for themselves tassels on the hems of their garments throughout their generations and put blue twine on the tassels of the hem.

(CLV) Num 15:39
You will come to have a tassel so that you will see it, and you will remember all the instructions of Yahweh and observe them, and you shall not explore after your heart and after your eyes after which you are prostituting;

(CLV) Num 15:40
it is so that you may remember and observe all My instructions and become holy to your Elohim.

Are women exempt from all of YHWH's instructions? If not; how can they tell which ones they should observe?
It appears to me that women are considered sons at times...

John 1:11-13
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
This clearly identifies both males and females believing in Messiah as “the sons of God”

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

This clearly identifies both males and females believing in Messiah as “the sons of God”

I present this same verse to Christians who say that they are exempt from the Torah:

(CLV) Ga 3:28
in Whom there is not Jew nor yet Greek, there is not slave nor yet free, there is not male and female, for you all are one in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

You apparently have no idea what beni Elohim means. Being born of G-d, the breath of life that distinguishes you from the animals. The spark that Moshiach will gather to relight the snuffed out branches of the menorah. Our Eish Tamid that gives light and life to all others as we bow toward the shamash.

You are using a kabalisitic writting in an attempt to define a pashat understanding? The text your in is highly kabalistic. Beni Elohim does not literally mean 'sons' as opposed to daughters or to include daughters because it's not a statement given in pashat. It's sod. To use it for any other purpose is to pick the trees in your garden to make a bouquet.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I present this same verse to Christians who say that they are exempt from the Torah:

(CLV) Ga 3:28
in Whom there is not Jew nor yet Greek, there is not slave nor yet free, there is not male and female, for you all are one in Christ Jesus.
I reject whatever doctrine separates us as a body and compartmentalizes us, and I’m sure you do too. We, the followers of Messiah, are the b’nei ha’Elohim, the sons of God.

Romans 8:16-21
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Messiah; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I reject whatever doctrine separates us as a body and compartmentalizes us, and I’m sure you do too. We, the followers of Messiah, are the b’nei ha’Elohim, the sons of God.

Romans 8:16-21
Doctrine is in Torah.
And there is a distinction between sons and daughters.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Doctrine is in Torah.
And there is a distinction between sons and daughters.
ב יַעֲרֹף כַּמָּטָר לִקְחִי, {ס} תִּזַּל כַּטַּל אִמְרָתִי, {ר} כִּשְׂעִירִם עֲלֵי-דֶשֶׁא, {ס} וְכִרְבִיבִים עֲלֵי-עֵשֶׂב. {ר} 2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew; as the small rain upon the tender grass, and as the showers upon the herb.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What doctrine? Dogma? That was nailed to the pale. Scripture says we are to be one.

What, if any, division are you attempting to advocate?
I'm offering distinction.
Grass and Herbs.

If you see division.
I cannot help with any further conversation

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm offering distinction.
Grass and Herbs.

If you see division.
I cannot help with any further conversation

You responded to a post that rejects division of the body. What distinction are you advocating?

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You responded to a post that rejects division of the body. What distinction are you advocating?
A distinction of voice and song.
Have you ever heard the wind answered by herbs and grass.

I have and wrote much about such.
And the beautiful difference of each hears the wind the same, yet responds differently in their individual form.

Similar to how a warning is given about carefullness.

Blessings Always

Upvote 0