Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
According to Miranda Kerr: Women "Need to Make a Little Effort" When It Comes to Pleasing Their Men

"My grandma taught me that men are visual and you need to make a little effort," the model said in an interview with The Edit. "So when [Evan] comes home, I make sure to have a nice dress on and the candles lit. We make time to have a nice dinner together." (read the full article on Harpar's Bazaar.)

For the purposes of discussion:

Do you agree? Why or Why not? And what constitutes "a little effort?" Who defines it?

Who is Miranda Kerr?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Do you agree? Why or Why not? And what constitutes "a little effort?" Who defines it?
Obey Yahweh and all else will be granted you.

"Seek first the Kingdom of Yahweh, and all these things (the things God considers good, helpful, needed) will be added unto you".

All this is quite thoroughly described from Genesis thru Malachi, and Matthew through the Apocalypse(Revelation).

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
She's an actress. I shared the link to the post. :)

I don't think I've seen her in anything....

Regardless, I'll say that people value the opinions of celebrities far too much. She puts a genuine effort into pleasing her man? I'm shocked....he's one of the world's youngest billionaires lol. My guess is that from the moment he wakes up to the time he falls asleep, 99% of the people he interacts with put some effort into pleasing him.

Perhaps her experiences and situations don't really reflect that of the average person.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think both spouses need to make a little effort to please each other, and what that involves will vary between individuals. As they are to love each other, the decisions involved should be mutually agreed upon, and the goal of each should be to please each other in order to have a harmonious relationship.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you said in your post. My husband and I have a Christian Egalitarian marriage and we treat each other as equals. Our chosen approach to marriage and our mutual respect for each other has certainly worked for us because we celebrated our 26th anniversary last week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wholeheartedly agree with what you said in your post. My husband and I have a Christian Egalitarian marriage and we treat each other as equals. Our chosen approach to marriage and our mutual respect for each other has certainly worked for us because we celebrated our 26th anniversary last week.
Congratulations on your anniversary! My wife and I celebrated our 23rd last summer, with, God willing, many more to come.

I like to think we are in mutual service to each other, without keeping score. “Sharing without reckoning” as my father might (and did) say.

Upvote 0

kkamagwi

Feb 3, 2019
South Chungcheong
✟16,767.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to Miranda Kerr: Women "Need to Make a Little Effort" When It Comes to Pleasing Their Men

"My grandma taught me that men are visual and you need to make a little effort," the model said in an interview with The Edit. "So when [Evan] comes home, I make sure to have a nice dress on and the candles lit. We make time to have a nice dinner together." (read the full article on Harpar's Bazaar.)

Women and men shoild serve God fairrst. WithiN /thsadt, yes - women should mvakge an effort to please their men. And men shoild makle an effort to pleSe tehepir women.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sorry, this is our Miranda Kerr saying she needs to "make an effort" to "look nice"?

Am I missing something here? Did the world get taken over by aliens while I wasn't paying attention?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She's an actress. I shared the link to the post. :)

I would have said "fashion model," myself. Probably the best-known Australian model of recent times. Allegedly the sexiest woman alive in 2012.

319px-Miranda_Kerr_2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, this is our Miranda Kerr saying she needs to "make an effort" to "look nice"?

Am I missing something here? Did the world get taken over by aliens while I wasn't paying attention?

I know, I know, but Miranda's a bit odd. She's also made comments about being submissive so men can feel important and stuff.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have link for that comment?

The quote was: “If you’re really an alpha female, you don’t allow [your partner] to have the space to feel like the man in the relationship ... Maybe I am too traditional, but men feel important when you ask for their help, instead of thinking you can do it all on your own.

Edit: I see you got there already.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.