• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

should we teach cats to catch and eat rats now? because

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by prosperity4all, Jul 8, 2020.

1. prosperity4all

prosperity4all Member

+61
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,077
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Well, at least they don't transform and stuff.

3. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,382
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    When they are hungry they ACT transformed though.

4. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,337
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    Perhaps we should defund pest control.

There was a story just a couple of months ago about cats somewhere being adopted to control rats around restaurants, stores, etc. I think it was done by the private sector.

5. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber

+634
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My cats won't eat mice they prefer cat food from a bag and laying around the house in the air conditioning.

6. chevyontheriver

+8,382
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Cats have gone soft. Wolves do a great job on rats, and have not had the softening of domestication. It's documented they do rodent control in the wild.

7. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,036
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    we've found they don't need any training at all, because when our cats first got outside, they caught birds and voles (like rats that in our yard live or hide a lot underground), without ever having any kind of example or training.

One thing that happens though with plenty of wild cats around an area is cat fights at night that are noisy, and also there can be plenty of meowing during certain times I remember. Lately we don't have that since we have a dog that is out a lot.

8. Mantishand

Mantishand Active Member

+315
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I live in the woods and my cat is a murdering psychopath. He bats around the poor critters until they are dead. He kills everything in sight including full grown pack rats, rabbits etc. I’m glad house cats are small.

9. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,077
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I guess if there is a lot of them, then they would get aggressive like other mammals that roam in packs.

10. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,913
    Atheist
    Single
    My neighborhood has coyotes. A disaster because while they do kill rodents they have exterminated the cats and other small predators. Now rats, rabbits and squirrels are a major problem.

11. chevyontheriver

+8,382
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    And/or cannibalism.