Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.” 1 Corinthians 5:1-2 ESV

Sexual immorality is running rampant in America’s churches today, often with “no holds barred” (without restrictions; nothing forbidden). And, this is largely due to the adoption of the cheap grace gospel by a large majority of these churches.

For, it requires no turning away from sin (no repentance), no walks of obedience to Christ’s commandments, and no submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. So, it gives free liberty to continue in sinful practices without restriction, without guilt, and with no need for remorse.

And yet these churches are proud. They are proud of their buildings, their church denominations, their performances, their praise bands, and of their preachers, too, many of whom are just there to entertain the masses. They are proud, as well, of their numbers, their baptisms, their activities, and of their relaxed, care free, and fun environments they provide people, too. They are proud, as well, of how they do not say anything to offend anyone so that the world will feel at home in their midst.

So, while they are busy patting themselves on the back for being seeker friendly and for training their congregants to “stay in your own lane,” so as not to offend the world with the truth of the gospel, people are living like hell and they are headed straight for hell, too, while they are promising them heaven as their eternal destiny. And, the church, overall, is on a massive moral and spiritual decline in my nation and in the world, too.

“For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 5:3-5 ESV

So much of the church in America, which is market-driven (flesh-driven), and which has adopted the cheap grace gospel, is reticent to confront anyone in their sins for fear of being tagged “judgmental” and “intolerant.” So, they teach God’s grace as though it is free license to continue in sinful practices without fear of punishment or of any kind of judgment passed on them. They teach God’s love, also, as being permissive of sinful behaviors. And, so sin is running rampant because it is being tolerated under the guise of “love,” “mercy” and “grace.”

So, rather than judging habitual sinful practices in the church, they tolerate them, and they call it “love.” And, they coddle people in their sins, instead. And, they keep telling them that God loves them no matter what, and that heaven is guaranteed them no matter how much they sin against God. And, so it would seem that few church congregations anymore actually practice true biblical and loving church discipline.

Rather, they discourage the godly, and they embrace the ungodly, and so the church is not much different from the world. They discipline those who are speaking the truth in love, and they baby and they pacify those who are living in sexual immorality, who are engaging in all sorts of wickedness, and who are living in self-indulgence and in irresponsible behavior. And, this is because they don’t want anyone to feel judged, because that would not be good for business.

“Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.” 1 Corinthians 5:6-8 ESV

Because of the cheap grace gospel, habitual and sexually immoral behaviors are being tolerated and even coddled in much of today’s modern churches here in America. And, a large percentage of pastors and church leaders are now addicted to sexually immoral practices, as well. And, so they have diluted the gospel message to nothing more than a pep talk, basically. Now all anyone has to do is just acknowledge who Jesus is and they are “saved” from their sins and bound for heaven, which can never be taken away.

So, yes, that little leaven that was there a long time ago has now grown to a large mass and not much is being done within the church, as a whole, to tackle this situation head on, biblically, and to remove this cancer from their midst. So, many churches which do anything to help with this situation often do token attempts of trying to provide some kind of training in overcoming addiction. But, it often falls short, because so much of it is not biblical, but is based in modern psychology and humanistic philosophy.

So, they may or may not have “support groups” for the addicted, but it seems that few are actually practicing true biblical discipline in these matters, and so the cancer continues to grow and to multiply.

“I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. ‘Purge the evil person from among you.’” 1 Corinthians 5:9-13 ESV

Ok, so let’s recap here for a moment. So, instead of tolerating sin in our midst, and instead of being proud while such things go on, we are to mourn, and we are to grieve over the sin which is going on within the church unchallenged. And, instead of being nonjudgmental and tolerant, we are supposed to remove from our midst those who will not repent of their habitual sinful course.

Not only that, but we are to deliver such as these “to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.”

Wow! Where is this being done today? Lovingly and biblically? Do we even understand what this means?

I believe it means to bar someone such as this from the fellowship of the church gatherings so that he (or she) does not influence, infect, and impact the rest of the people to do the same. The whole idea is that by refusing him (or her) into the church fellowship it would be placing him out in the world in Satan’s kingdom, and that this would somehow bring shame upon him and that it would bring him to repentance.

In today’s world, though, I doubt that this would have the same impact as it might have then, for the person would just go to another “church” where he (or she) would be accepted just as they are. But we still, as a church, have a responsibility to remove from our fellowships those who are infecting the church and who are refusing to repent of what God calls sin. Yet, I recognize that there are churches who do practice church discipline unbiblically, too, and may cast out the godly, while retaining the ungodly among them.

But, it isn’t just the unrepentant sinner who needs to be removed from the fellowship of the church, but it is the “leaven” itself, the sin that so easily entangles, and the tolerance and permissiveness of sin within the church, which is where the real issue lies these days. So, we need to remove from among us this cheap grace gospel which gives permission for “believers” to engage in sinful practices. And, we need to bring back the true gospel and preach that, instead, which teaches repentance and obedience to Christ.

And, then we need to not make it our practice to make our close companions those who are claiming faith in Jesus Christ but who are knowingly living in sin with no sincere repentance evident in their lives. For, bad company corrupts good character, and we may be led astray from our pure devotion to Christ by such close associations as this.

Plus, by these close associations we may actually be giving credence to their sinful lifestyles. For, it is truly loving, and it is truly kind to exercise such discretion as this in the hopes of keeping the church pure and in the hopes of bringing the sinner to repentance. So, don’t be afraid to stand for holiness and purity.

Living Water

An Original Work / November 21, 2013
Based off Various Scriptures

My people have forsaken Me,
Their Savior, who died on a tree;
Made idols, and they worshipped them;
So empty, they will ne’er fulfill.

Lord, You are the hope of Your chosen ones.
Those who turn away from You will be shamed;
The Spring of Living Water left behind.

Living Water satisfies.

The thirsty, let them come and drink;
Believe in Jesus as their King;
The gift of Jesus given them,
So they will never thirst again.

Indeed, the Living Water flows within.
It springs up like a fountain cleansing sin.
Eternal life in heaven promised them.

Living Water glorifies.

Oh people, won’t you come to Him?
Obey Him and repent of sin.
Let Jesus come and live within.
Surrender all your life to Him.

My people, won’t you turn your hearts to Me?
Forsake your idols and then you’ll be free.
Won’t you come now to Me on bended knee?

Living Water sanctifies.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
“It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.” 1 Corinthians 5:1-2 ESV

Sexual immorality is running rampant in America’s churches today, often with “no holds barred” (without restrictions; nothing forbidden). And, this is largely due to the adoption of the cheap grace gospel by a large majority of these churches.

For, it requires no turning away from sin (no repentance), no walks of obedience to Christ’s commandments, and no submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. So, it gives free liberty to continue in sinful practices without restriction, without guilt, and with no need for remorse.

And yet these churches are proud. They are proud of their buildings, their church denominations, their performances, their praise bands, and of their preachers, too, many of whom are just there to entertain the masses. They are proud, as well, of their numbers, their baptisms, their activities, and of their relaxed, care free, and fun environments they provide people, too. They are proud, as well, of how they do not say anything to offend anyone so that the world will feel at home in their midst.

So, while they are busy patting themselves on the back for being seeker friendly and for training their congregants to “stay in your own lane,” so as not to offend the world with the truth of the gospel, people are living like hell and they are headed straight for hell, too, while they are promising them heaven as their eternal destiny. And, the church, overall, is on a massive moral and spiritual decline in my nation and in the world, too.

“For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 5:3-5 ESV

So much of the church in America, which is market-driven (flesh-driven), and which has adopted the cheap grace gospel, is reticent to confront anyone in their sins for fear of being tagged “judgmental” and “intolerant.” So, they teach God’s grace as though it is free license to continue in sinful practices without fear of punishment or of any kind of judgment passed on them. They teach God’s love, also, as being permissive of sinful behaviors. And, so sin is running rampant because it is being tolerated under the guise of “love,” “mercy” and “grace.”

So, rather than judging habitual sinful practices in the church, they tolerate them, and they call it “love.” And, they coddle people in their sins, instead. And, they keep telling them that God loves them no matter what, and that heaven is guaranteed them no matter how much they sin against God. And, so it would seem that few church congregations anymore actually practice true biblical and loving church discipline.

Rather, they discourage the godly, and they embrace the ungodly, and so the church is not much different from the world. They discipline those who are speaking the truth in love, and they baby and they pacify those who are living in sexual immorality, who are engaging in all sorts of wickedness, and who are living in self-indulgence and in irresponsible behavior. And, this is because they don’t want anyone to feel judged, because that would not be good for business.

“Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.” 1 Corinthians 5:6-8 ESV

Because of the cheap grace gospel, habitual and sexually immoral behaviors are being tolerated and even coddled in much of today’s modern churches here in America. And, a large percentage of pastors and church leaders are now addicted to sexually immoral practices, as well. And, so they have diluted the gospel message to nothing more than a pep talk, basically. Now all anyone has to do is just acknowledge who Jesus is and they are “saved” from their sins and bound for heaven, which can never be taken away.

So, yes, that little leaven that was there a long time ago has now grown to a large mass and not much is being done within the church, as a whole, to tackle this situation head on, biblically, and to remove this cancer from their midst. So, many churches which do anything to help with this situation often do token attempts of trying to provide some kind of training in overcoming addiction. But, it often falls short, because so much of it is not biblical, but is based in modern psychology and humanistic philosophy.

So, they may or may not have “support groups” for the addicted, but it seems that few are actually practicing true biblical discipline in these matters, and so the cancer continues to grow and to multiply.

“I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. ‘Purge the evil person from among you.’” 1 Corinthians 5:9-13 ESV

Ok, so let’s recap here for a moment. So, instead of tolerating sin in our midst, and instead of being proud while such things go on, we are to mourn, and we are to grieve over the sin which is going on within the church unchallenged. And, instead of being nonjudgmental and tolerant, we are supposed to remove from our midst those who will not repent of their habitual sinful course.

Not only that, but we are to deliver such as these “to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.”

Wow! Where is this being done today? Lovingly and biblically? Do we even understand what this means?

I believe it means to bar someone such as this from the fellowship of the church gatherings so that he (or she) does not influence, infect, and impact the rest of the people to do the same. The whole idea is that by refusing him (or her) into the church fellowship it would be placing him out in the world in Satan’s kingdom, and that this would somehow bring shame upon him and that it would bring him to repentance.

In today’s world, though, I doubt that this would have the same impact as it might have then, for the person would just go to another “church” where he (or she) would be accepted just as they are. But we still, as a church, have a responsibility to remove from our fellowships those who are infecting the church and who are refusing to repent of what God calls sin. Yet, I recognize that there are churches who do practice church discipline unbiblically, too, and may cast out the godly, while retaining the ungodly among them.

But, it isn’t just the unrepentant sinner who needs to be removed from the fellowship of the church, but it is the “leaven” itself, the sin that so easily entangles, and the tolerance and permissiveness of sin within the church, which is where the real issue lies these days. So, we need to remove from among us this cheap grace gospel which gives permission for “believers” to engage in sinful practices. And, we need to bring back the true gospel and preach that, instead, which teaches repentance and obedience to Christ.

And, then we need to not make it our practice to make our close companions those who are claiming faith in Jesus Christ but who are knowingly living in sin with no sincere repentance evident in their lives. For, bad company corrupts good character, and we may be led astray from our pure devotion to Christ by such close associations as this.

Plus, by these close associations we may actually be giving credence to their sinful lifestyles. For, it is truly loving, and it is truly kind to exercise such discretion as this in the hopes of keeping the church pure and in the hopes of bringing the sinner to repentance. So, don’t be afraid to stand for holiness and purity.

Living Water

Living Water satisfies.

Living Water glorifies.

Living Water sanctifies.

There are people in this forum who argue that all of those things are perfectly fine. Adultery, homosexuality, abortion, theft, etc.

Jesus paid the penalty for our sins to allow us to go on sinning. What are we to say to them?

Upvote 0

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
There's something about getting over 70 years old that tends to open one's eyes to truth. I know that I am a sinner and that it is only by the Grace of God that I may have eternal life. That does not give me a license to sin. We definitely should "mourn" over our sins. We should hate our sins as God hates our sins! I am so tired of these modern "rock band" churches. When will we learn?

Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are people in this forum who argue that all of those things are perfectly fine. Adultery, homosexuality, abortion, theft, etc.

Jesus paid the penalty for our sins to allow us to go on sinning. What are we to say to them?

“Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:8-10‬ ‭

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Living Water

Living Water satisfies.

Living Water glorifies.

Living Water sanctifies.

i dont feel remrse fr sin culd it be my ocd

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:8-10‬ ‭
i sometime fall to sin but i ask for forgiveness but fl o remorse could it be from my ocd that i dont feel bad

Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i feel no remorse is it because my ocd

I don’t think so there was a time when I sinned greatly against God and i was given over to my flesh and lusts and I did it rebelliously and did not care until later I became sorry for my sin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 2 on repentance makes for healthy reading...
wel i talk to jesus i do falll to sin but ask for forgivness i got ocd and get intrusive thoughts and visions ad aslo dont feel emotion apart from sadness fear and i dont feel ad for sinning but a guy said my repentance is fake and i wanna go to heaven als i have trouble understanding normal everyday stuff s the bibles super hard to understand so am i doomed

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
wel i talk to jesus i do falll to sin but ask for forgivness i got ocd and get intrusive thoughts and visions ad aslo dont feel emotion apart from sadness fear and i dont feel ad for sinning but a guy said my repentance is fake and i wanna go to heaven als i have trouble understanding normal everyday stuff s the bibles super hard to understand so am i doomed
Prayer and the Scriptures are activities which are wholesome and can point us continually to God and the Person and Work of His beloved Son. It's these activities we need to concentrate on and not get too introspective.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prayer and the Scriptures are activities which are wholesome and can point us continually to God and the Person and Work of His beloved Son. It's these activities we need to concentrate on and not get too introspective.
i talk to jesus all the time and even tho i feel like im doomed itrust jesus that im saved and i have slacked listening to the bible but im trying starting with jhn again and when i buy a nintendo switch friday im ging to go outside away from xbox and us the bible app on my switch to read and be with god as theres a forest with a bench next t my house well a canal with a mini forest and benches

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think so there was a time when I sinned greatly against God and i was given over to my flesh and lusts and I did it rebelliously and did not care until later I became sorry for my sin
iv been a christian for a few years and never felt bad forr it but i understand its wrong so i ask for forgiveness

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I am saved, but not by works.

The Ephesians were dead in their trespasses and sins. (Ephesians 2:1)

They had once walked according to the world. (Ephesians 2:2)

Through God's love, they had been saved. (Ephesians 2:4)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Galatians 5

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, , temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Christian A true Christian desires to be free from sin Amen.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
i sometime fall to sin but i ask for forgiveness but fl o remorse could it be from my ocd that i dont feel bad

Are you on medication? Sometimes medication numbs us to certain emotions.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am saved, but not by works.

The Ephesians were dead in their trespasses and sins. (Ephesians 2:1)

They had once walked according to the world. (Ephesians 2:2)

Through God's love, they had been saved. (Ephesians 2:4)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Galatians 5

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, , temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

View attachment 268682
i desire to be free from it not to sin so if i fall to it i ask for forgiveness

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0