Should we invite G_d / Holy Spirit to be with us?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So if we shouldn't (don't have to?) invite God to be with us because He already is, then is 'seeking' Him a one time thing and also now unnecessary?
We are the blind ones, we are needing to seek Him. It is not like He has gone anywhere, it is us who wander off, can't feel Him, and need the re-assurance that He is still with us.

Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So if we shouldn't (don't have to?) invite God to be with us because He already is, then is 'seeking' Him a one time thing and also now unnecessary?

Seeking G_d is for unbelievers, apostates and back sliders.

Believers should have no reason to seek him if they read the Bible - those who do not know their Bible may well search for him, not realising he is beside them, above them, with them whether as they sit down or stand up, go indoors or outdoors, when they lay down and when they rise. He is not above the heavens that anyone has go up there to look for him, he is not below the earth that we need to seek him there, he is not (unreachable), over the seas, or at the ends of the earth, that we have to go and search - he is with us in good and bad, rich or poor, ill or well, a Jew or a Gentile, a slave or a free person, a man or a woman. He is simply with us, his believers, wherever, whenever and however we are.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeking G_d is for unbelievers, apostates and back sliders.

Believers should have no reason to seek him if they read the Bible - those who do not know their Bible may well search for him, not realising he is beside them, above them, with them whether as they sit down or stand up, go indoors or outdoors, when they lay down and when they rise. He is not above the heavens that anyone has go up there to look for him, he is not below the earth that we need to seek him there, he is not (unreachable), over the seas, or at the ends of the earth, that we have to go and search - he is with us in good and bad, rich or poor, ill or well, a Jew or a Gentile, a slave or a free person, a man or a woman. He is simply with us, his believers, wherever, whenever and however we are.

:)

So if we no longer have to seek Him, seek His face, like its written in the Old Testament, then does that mean He no longer hides His face?

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
(Psa 27:8-9)
And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
(Isa 8:17)

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So if we no longer have to seek Him, seek His face, like its written in the Old Testament, then does that mean He no longer hides His face?

When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
(Psa 27:8-9)
And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
(Isa 8:17)

I take your good and sensible point but... even in the Tanach they did not believe that G_d was with them all the time, as Moses taught them. Why do you think G_d sent Yeshua, who laid down his life that we might always have the Holy Spirit?

In John 14:8 even the disciples still wanted to see G_d's face - 'that would be sufficient' for them. Yeshua's response was along the lines of: you should know by now, Phillip, if you see me then you have seen the Father. :)

Upvote 0