Should The US Be Geographically Divided (One Half Pro-Abortion, One Half Pro-Life)

Should we divide the US in half over abortion (people and companies)

• Yes, the western US is for the pro-arbortionists; the eastern US is for the pro-life

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, leave the US as is (we'll duke it out)

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Yes, but divide each state in half not the whole country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, the southern US is for the pro-abortionsts; the northern US is for the pro-life

• No, congress can and will resolve the issue

• Total voters

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking ahead on the companies moving to the states that their views aligned with. Alot of the people that support abortion are the same people who would defund the police. Once quality of life breaks down on that side people and companies may want to go to the side that protects their interests best. Thus a dystopian society will form and I would hope that the Pro-Life side would protect their country better - less crime, cleaner environment, better quality of life.

Then again, it could be the opposite but I would think the faithful would take care of their country and their people.

It's an interesting dark fantasy, I am particularly intrigued by your adamant assertion as to who gets the east bit and who gets the west bit. I look forward to the book.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A question of detail that has come to mind: There might be people in East Nation who choose to live there to keep their family intact, or who are born into East Nation, etc. Would you close the borders so that people cannot leave East Nation, to prevent people from travelling from East Nation to West Nation to get reproductive health care in the West? Or would people be free to migrate back and forth between the two nations?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It may happen anyway. Companies may find it increasingly difficult to get employees to work in red states. Two-Thirds of Employees Won’t Move to Texas After Abortion Law: Survey

also, remember that conservative laws don’t always reflect the opinions of the people in the state. Texas voters' views shifting on abortion, pot, gambling and Confederate monuments, poll finds It might be easier to get the Texas legislature to move.

The problem Texas has is all the democrats fleeing the blue states like California and NY, and coming to Texas, but then ignorantly voting for the same leftist values that they moved to Texas to escape the consequences of.

• Winner
Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too want Roe v Wade over turned but at the rate our country is going, it will be another 50 years with approximately another 60 million unborn dead. Thats alot of people. Serious times take serious actions.

Are you related to Mister Mxyzptlk by any chance?

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A question of detail that has come to mind: There might be people in East Nation who choose to live there to keep their family intact, or who are born into East Nation, etc. Would you close the borders so that people cannot leave East Nation, to prevent people from travelling from East Nation to West Nation to get reproductive health care in the West? Or would people be free to migrate back and forth between the two nations?
Open borders to all but remember there is free moving. To go from one home on one side to the next home on the other is all free. So bring the whole family if you want. You can live on whatever side you want but you must obey the country's law on abortion.

As for traveling from the one side to the other to get an abortion and then back, that is a very good question. We Christians believe in forgiveness so we'll have to handle each case on a one on one basis. If this is a common thing for a person - banishment to the other side that supports abortion.

• Informative
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not following here; liberal actually subsidize conservatives: how, when, where, why?
AP FACT CHECK: Blue high-tax states fund red low-tax states
although a writer in the Washington Post argues that that is a bit unfair. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/04/29/states-subsidize-america-coronavirus/#:~:text=Yes, blue and red states subsidize each other.,journalist and commentator on politics, gender and culture.

Of course this is intentional. Liberals are trying to help people, even if we have to pay for it. So we don’t actually have a problem with it. And of course the nominal cause is that liberal,states generally have higher per person incomes. Federal tax thus takes more, and more people in low income states qualify for benefits.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
AP FACT CHECK: Blue high-tax states fund red low-tax states
although a writer in the Washington Post argues that that is a bit unfair. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/04/29/states-subsidize-america-coronavirus/#:~:text=Yes, blue and red states subsidize each other.,journalist and commentator on politics, gender and culture.

Of course this is intentional. Liberals are trying to help people, even if we have to pay for it. So we don’t actually have a problem with it. And of course the nominal cause is that liberal,states generally have higher per person incomes. Federal tax thus takes more, and more people in low income states qualify for benefits.

Very interesting observation. Even though I have somewhat conservative views, when it comes to paying the worker his/her just due, workers deserve alot more than what they are getting paid now. By forcing all companies (with 500 people and more) to pay their workers a better wage, there should be that much subsidizing then.

I see the argument there. Republicans are stingy and crafty alot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Opinion | A Surprising Share of Americans Want to Break Up the Country. Here’s Why They’re Wrong. (msn.com)

Well, I don't think they are wrong. People are tired of others aggressively opposing common sense. It doesn't matter how well you articulate your common sense position, opponents don't want anything to do with it. I don't expect anyone to totally agree with others but there's a difference between disagreeing on what one likes to eat, what's one's favorite color, how much money should we spend on infrastructure, how much should minimum wage be AND should we protect this unborn child at all costs or should we let the mother decide the unborn child's fate.

I don't want to be publicly associated with people who are willing to murder a child in the womb (and I really don't mean the other victim in abortion, the mother; I mean all these advocates for abortion who feel it's a woman's right).

I know this is probably not going to happen within the next 50-60 years or longer but the spark is getting bigger.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Open borders to all but remember there is free moving.

banishment to the other side that supports abortion.

Could you explain a bit more about free movement and banishment? How does that work?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not following here; liberal actually subsidize conservatives: how, when, where, why?
By having the bulk, 70 some percent, of economic activity take place in liberal areas and large wealthy liberal states paying more into federal coffers than they receive back.

California is the reason we can afford things like Mississippi.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,389.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Abortion has been legal now for almost 50 years. ... So if pro-abortionists want to feel like they have control of there body, then they can live in the left side of the US and if pro-lifers want to feel like they don't live in a country that supports the killing of the unborn, then they can live in the right side of the US.

There are dumb ideas, and then there's this.

Support for legal abortion is widespread across the US, and there are no hard geographic divisions between areas that support abortion and areas that don't. There are significant variations within states and within counties.

A majority of Americans support legal abortions. Depending on the survey, somewhere between 60% and 80% of the US supports legal abortion in either all cases or some cases.

A small minority of Americans support banning abortion. Depending on the survey, somewhere between 15% and 25% of Americans think abortion should be illegal in all cases.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are dumb ideas, and then there's this.

Support for legal abortion is widespread across the US, and there are no hard geographic divisions between areas that support abortion and areas that don't. There are significant variations within states and within counties.

A majority of Americans support legal abortions. Depending on the survey, somewhere between 60% and 80% of the US supports legal abortion in either all cases or some cases.

A small minority of Americans support banning abortion. Depending on the survey, somewhere between 15% and 25% of Americans think abortion should be illegal in all cases.

If you look at those surveys, they all scoot the part where Americans feel there should be restrictions on abortions. So these polls are incomplete. And if you look at the ages of the people who mostly do feel restrictions should apply to abortions, they older, wiser and smarter.

Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends

Check the bottom of the article, there is where you will find the number of people who feel there should be restrictions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
By having the bulk, 70 some percent, of economic activity take place in liberal areas and large wealthy liberal states paying more into federal coffers than they receive back.

California is the reason we can afford things like Mississippi.

Good point; I see where you are coming from. Thanks:oldthumbsup:. But I still favor splitting the country peacefully before it leads to something worse. There is no changing minds on both sides.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Could you explain a bit more about free movement and banishment? How does that work?

You are banished for asking that question. See how it works.:eek: As you can see the survey did not give good results in favor of splitting the country in two so all plans have been tossed in the garbage. Maybe someday, I'll write a book on it.:amen:

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are banished for asking that question. See how it works.:eek:

Badly, it would appear. Given I am still here.

As you can see the survey did not give good results in favor of splitting the country in two so all plans have been tossed in the garbage. Maybe someday, I'll write a book on it.:amen:

Perhaps go North/South rather than East/West. Less people will have to move, both countries will have access to both oceans, and its has historical precedent.

Upvote 0