Status
Not open for further replies.

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
I don't know enough about this--the Bush administration has not given the public enough information about its motives and the good reasons to singularly attack Iraq.

Why exactly are we doing this? What do we expect from it? Why now? Why this way--through solely American force?

War is not something to be entered into lightly.

--tibac

Upvote 0

Loser For Jesus

Aug 14, 2002
USA
✟531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they'd taken Saddam Hussein out when they had the chance, they wouldn't have to bother with him now. Personally, though, I think the USA has enough problems at home to be concerned with, instead of looking for new ways to build up their pride by attacking other people.

love in Christ,
Malcolm

Upvote 0

smurfy2day

Bring it On
Sep 2, 2002
Grand Rapids, MI
Visit site
✟16,482.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We have had absolutely no SOLID evidence as to why we should attack Iraq. If we do that we'd better expect 10 attacks on us from countries who support Iraq and HATE us.......

Looks to me like Mr. Bush is trying to make Daddy proud..... :( :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Attack on Iraq would be a dangerous precedent. Any nation, which feels threatended by another can be attacked then in such a manner. China can then attack Taiwan without repercussions, India pakistan, Israel any Arabic nation they feel like, Russia some neighbours they have problems with.
It would initiate a ew era of might makes right.
Saddam Hussein has surely not a pretty character. But the reasons for an attack aren´t really consistent. So what if he builds mass killing weapons. Any chemistry student in the USA can synthetizse poisons to wipe out lots of people once they make it into drinking water.
The so called war on terrorism is a huge hoax. There are still Christian terrorists in the USA, which aren´t bothered at all. Christian terrorists all over South America and Europe aren´t bothered by the USA at all. This so called war for terrorism is just a silly excuse to push through police state laws and do anything to keep to the own interests.

There is nothing wrong for a nation to look after its own interests. But using military force to defend only its own interests with not even rudementary backing from its own allies, that draws a line, no one should cross. When USA is doing that, what hinders China, Japan, Russia, India do the same? Where will it end?

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As of this morning, according to CNN, Iraq is still resisting
UN weapons inspectors entry. However, they are
showing willingness, but still no deal. It was announced
that 'convincing evidence' that Iraq is pursuing a nuclear
weapons program would be revealed withing the next
few days. I for one am very interested in what we know.
But previous military experience tells me...what is reported
and what is truth is always different. So I still remain skeptical.

Given this, are we (the US), even though diverse, considered
a primarily Christian nation justified in another war with Iraq?
It's interesting that the only other nation backing us is Israel.
All our other allies want no part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
If we attack Iraq, we will be the real terrorists, not Iraq, not Al Qaeda, but the United States. Bush is more of a danger to us than Saddam or Bin Laden. The so-called "president" is the one who is trying to take away our freedom with his "homeland security" crap. War is murder. If Bush decides to attack Iraq, he will become a mass murderer. If we decide to attack Iraq, it will be the end of America. And if this country attacks Iraq, it deserves to be destroyed.

I have never been more embarrased to be an American. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.