Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics by nature is a game of compromise; give in here to get something there...which doesn't seem to reflect the nature of Christ. It can be used as a tool, but the more "hardline" one plays the less compromise, and so less gets done. It's a game some enjoy, I like watching it, but then I like slowing down and looking at car wrecks too ;)

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics by nature is a game of compromise; give in here to get something there...which doesn't seem to reflect the nature of Christ. It can be used as a tool, but the more "hardline" one plays the less compromise, and so less gets done. It's a game some enjoy, I like watching it, but then I like slowing down and looking at car wrecks too ;)

^_^ rubbernecking isn't good for your posture MrJim...^_^

There is a lot of truth to what you're saying...such is the "Sea" of politics...tossed to and fro....

Anyway...I think we would be scared out of our wits if we knew 1/4 of the deals the PTB make under the tables in government.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^_^ rubbernecking isn't good for your posture MrJim...^_^

There is a lot of truth to what you're saying...such is the "Sea" of politics...tossed to and fro....

Anyway...I think we would be scared out of our wits if we knew 1/4 of the deals the PTB make under the tables in government.

Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made. ~Otto von Bismarck

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Republicans need to be less conservative, but they need to focus on the parts of their platform that have broad public support. Very conservative Republicans, such as Gov. Bobby Jindal and others, who are good at selling themselves and their ideas have done very well. I think Newt Gingrich's organization, American Solutions, points the way.

I personally would recommend taking more of a libertarian-conservative tack, but then I would say that -- I'm a libertarian.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The party should go back to the old school Reagan style politics. Hard line, dont give a stink about what others think about themselves. People have become to PC, even in the GOP party. Its time to go back to our true roots.

Our true roots? Like owning slaves or somethin'?^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The party should go back to the old school Reagan style politics. Hard line, dont give a stink about what others think about themselves. People have become to PC, even in the GOP party. Its time to go back to our true roots.

This is one of the things certain commentators and Republican Reps disagree with, apparently the GOP should insist that Reaganism is dead:

"It is not good [sic] conservative trying to revive Ronald Reagan...Historians may rate Reagan as a near-great President. But our problems now are different from the ones he addressed. And 'supply-sided economics' is now widely recognized as nonsense" ~ Jeffrey Hart, The Daily Beast 11/12/08

"...Ronald Reagan's dead, get over it. That's a blunt paraphrase about conservatives and GOP Traditionalists who want to relive the good old days from a senior Republican senator, speaking on background 'Ronald Reagan ran in the 1970's. That was a long time ago,' says the senator, a member of the GOP message team. His point: 'The Party has to reach pasts it's traditional base and especially to younger and Hispanic voters. 'It's about survival,' he tells us ~ U.S. News & World Report 11/20/08

"We can't revive the ghost of Ronald Reagan...People want government in times of need." ~ anonymous Republican senator to Politico.com, 11/24/08

quote source...The Limbaugh Letter January 2009

Just throwin' this out for discussion....:)

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I have to keep and extra eye on Texans around here~y'all think the universe circles around you:p

Well of course we do!...^_^ Texas can live without the rest of the US...but the rest of the US can't live without Texas...^_^

Yee Hawww...and giddy-up!

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well of course we do!...^_^ Texas can live without the rest of the US...but the rest of the US can't live without Texas...^_^

Yee Hawww...and giddy-up!

2.gif

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
God created these people in order of importance to us Texans.

Sam Houston
David Crockett
Jim Bowie
William Barrett Travis
John Wayne
Ronald Reagan
Audie Murphy

So yeah, we Texans are kind of uppity when it comes in terms of ourselves.

Yeah...Texas has produced some quite acclaimed folk....

But did you really say "uppity"... :ahah:

Well...I reckon all ya'll can say we're "uppity"...

did I just say "all ya'll" ? :ahem::blush1:

on a side note:...dude...your red font does this to my eyes...

:blink:

:cheer: God bless Texas!

Upvote 0