• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Should the Ayatollahs be targeted?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by mukk_in, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DanishLutheran

DanishLutheran Active Member

+182
    Denmark
    Lutheran
    Single
    Yes, how dare you not lick Iran's boots, and stand up for yourself! How dare you disagree with Robin who is infallible, don't you know?! ^_^

2. Wrangler

Wrangler Member

+90
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    1st, We were talking about democracy not liberty.

2nd, Democracy is not liberty but slavery. The 49% is a slave to the 51%. That's why America is not and never was a democracy. We are a republic, based on individual rights.

3rd, Liberty is an undeserved gift from our Creator. No one deserves liberty.

4th, Freedom is not free. If the people of the Middle East develop the cognitive functioning to understand and implement a social order around popular consent, they have to devise a means to overthrow, even intellectually, the tyranny of Islam.

When you have people using religion as a reason you ought to stay oppressed, they deem you guilty of apostasy and kill you for you insolence. On top of that, people in that area have among the lowest IQ of any group on the planet. This makes it difficult to even conceive of freedom but they can conceive of hating freedom loving America, The Great Satan.

As much as I'd like to help them, their constant calls for "Death to America" cause me to dust them off my feet and go make some other part of the world a better place.

3. Robin Mauro

Robin Mauro Active Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Single

4. Robin Mauro

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Not sure why my post wound up as part of your post. Maybe it's my cheap phone

5. Robin Mauro

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Your sarcasm is a reflection on you, not me. I am far from infallible, but I am informed.
    Maybe you should try that yourself sometime.

6. DanishLutheran

DanishLutheran Active Member

+182
    Denmark
    Lutheran
    Single
    False

7. Robin Mauro

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I do not even have t.v.
    I listen to public radio.
    Being insulting doesn't make you right, and viewing a whole nation of people as evil, without even knowing them is the very definition of racism. God loves everyone.

8. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,956
    Christian
    Married
    That is, in fact, a fact. That is the reason Paul wrote Romans 13.

And we can see it played out in the world: Government repression does not stop the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is able to operate in any orderly society.

Christianity grew to 25% of Rome even under the harshest repression. Since the mid-90s, the Church has grown ten-fold in North Korea--the simple fact that North Korean Christians are willing to evangelize is an astounding display of the Holy Spirit. Kim Jong Un has given up trying to exterminate the Church and is trying now to co-opt it. Chinese become Christian at the rate of 1,000 a week.

However, chaos does impede the Church. The Church cannot grow where gangs kill indiscriminately and there is no governmental order.

So we see the Body of Christ growing in North Korea, but not in South Sudan.

9. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,956
    Christian
    Married
    You mean like the US? Since WWII, the US has screwed up more nations than it has stabilized.

10. Newtheran

Newtheran Well-Known Member

+550
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    Without a doubt, the Ayatollahs are some unsavory characters. The thing is, they are no worse than the people who rule Saudi Arabia or Turkey. In fact, the Sunni sects and their supporters in Saudi Arabia have financed more global terrorism than Iran has. So we must be cautious not to end up taking sides unnecessarily in an intra-Islamic civil war and become the hit men for the Sunnis.